• 39(current)
Beta Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread
(2023-03-20, 01:01)listyraesder Wrote: Auto-updated today, and immediately the skin unloaded itself and won't reload.

Log

(lines 1031-1131)
Nevermind. Traced the issue to an internet connection dropout while updating. re-installed dependencies and it works now.
(2023-03-18, 12:19)realcopacetic Wrote: Can you confirm you have the clearlogo cropper activated in skin settings?
Could you update to the newest version and try clearing the cache (there's an option for it in skin settings just under where you enable it). Then does it still happen? It could be a few things:

It was deactivated. Activating it means no logos appear at all. I'm on a firestick so kodi stores its images remotely on a server via path substitution in advancedsettings. this may be an issue as the log suggests the helper is looking in a folder that doesn't exist.
(2023-03-20, 01:17)listyraesder Wrote:
(2023-03-18, 12:19)realcopacetic Wrote: Can you confirm you have the clearlogo cropper activated in skin settings?
Could you update to the newest version and try clearing the cache (there's an option for it in skin settings just under where you enable it). Then does it still happen? It could be a few things:

It was deactivated. Activating it means no logos appear at all. I'm on a firestick so kodi stores its images remotely on a server via path substitution in advancedsettings. this may be an issue as the log suggests the helper is looking in a folder that doesn't exist.
Ah ok, thanks, I'll need to look into what I can do to account for path substitution.
(2023-03-20, 01:17)listyraesder Wrote:

Do these files exist but in a different location? 
Quote:script.copacetic.helper --> ImageEditor: Error - could not open cached image --> [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/e/ec4b3e45.png'

I'm using specialprotocol in the addon to find the Thumbnails folder and it seems like path substitutions might not play nicely with that. https://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution
Yes, the files exist in the substituted folder.
(2023-03-20, 21:30)listyraesder Wrote:
(2023-03-20, 21:30)listyraesder Wrote: Yes, the files exist in the substituted folder.
These are the lines I'm using to access the thumbnails and cropped folders. Using the spcial protocol lets me account for the different paths to these folders across different OSs.

resources/lib/utilities.py
python:
ADDONDATA = 'special://profile/addon_data/script.copacetic.helper/'

resources/lib/service/art.py
python:
cached_url = os.path.join('special://profile/Thumbnails/', f'{cached_thumb[0]}/', cached_thumb + suffix)

It seems like path substitutions may not play nicely with addons according to this comment by @Klojum in another thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3050041

Certainly, it's beyond my understanding as I've never used them unfortunately. Sorry I can't figure this one out unless anyone else has any ideas.
Hi there. After recently updating the skin and helper the following texts have appeared on every window. Is there a new setting somewhere for me to disable these?

woops sorry, let me push an update. Was testing something and must have forgotton to turn off.
Do I miss something here, how can I add costum widget to each section Movie, TV ect. ? I only have the same pre widgets everywehre. I really like this skin and like to check out more but I´m allready stuck at this point, sorry but I´m not a pro Cool
(2023-03-27, 13:23)ugotit Wrote: Do I miss something here, how can I add costum widget to each section Movie, TV ect. ? I only have the same pre widgets everywehre. I really like this skin and like to check out more but I´m allready stuck at this point, sorry but I´m not a pro Cool

There's only one set of widgets, it's not connected to the menu items in the main menu.
Then I might be not a noob anymore cause I realy was wondering. Are you planing for the future those widgets for each section? 

By the way...youre skin is pretty awasome, one of the cleanest minimalistic skin ever and I like it
Hi,
Just setup my nexus with this skin and absolutely love it!!

Only got a couple of things I wish this skin has.

1. ClearArt for movies in every view. Billboard view is stunning but the titles in white bold font is not only looks unappealing but also not very OLED friendly.

2. Metacritic/RT/IMDb ratings for every view instead of the certifications (why not have both).

3. Very happy that AutoPlay trailers is finally here for the skin, but I hope there is a delay we can set for trailer playing. Just selecting a movie instantly plays trailers and I keep having to back out of it. I wish there was an option to delay trailer playback by whatever time we want just like Arctic Zephyr skin iirc.

Thank you for constantly updating the skin. Probably will be sticking with this for the forseeable future. 🙏🏽
(2023-03-27, 18:49)ugotit Wrote: Then I might be not a noob anymore cause I realy was wondering. Are you planing for the future those widgets for each section? 

By the way...youre skin is pretty awasome, one of the cleanest minimalistic skin ever and I like it
Thanks I'm glad you like it.

Realistically not or certainly if I do it would be a low priority as it would probably require me to completely change how I've written my widgets to have multiple sets of widgets existing concurrently and have it linked to skinshortcuts. It would be a major headache I think so I probably won't unless it was something that a lot of people wanted. I've had others requesting the 9 widget cap be increased to 20+ so realistically to please everyone I'd need some sort of system that could dynamically add dozens of widgets per menu shortcut. It is possible to do that, other skins do, but it would be a big job implementing it from where I'm at now.
(2023-03-28, 13:26)DrDream Wrote: Hi,
Just setup my nexus with this skin and absolutely love it!!

Only got a couple of things I wish this skin has.

1. ClearArt for movies in every view. Billboard view is stunning but the titles in white bold font is not only looks unappealing but also not very OLED friendly.

2. Metacritic/RT/IMDb ratings for every view instead of the certifications (why not have both).

3. Very happy that AutoPlay trailers is finally here for the skin, but I hope there is a delay we can set for trailer playing. Just selecting a movie instantly plays trailers and I keep having to back out of it. I wish there was an option to delay trailer playback by whatever time we want just like Arctic Zephyr skin iirc.

Thank you for constantly updating the skin. Probably will be sticking with this for the forseeable future. 🙏🏽

Glad you're enjoying it.

1. What clearart do you mean? I support clearlogos for Billboard/Showcase/Strip. List and Grid will realistically never support additional art types because there's just not really any space.

2. This starts to be what I feel like is unnecessary clutter. Personally I don't care about any ratings except maybe my own. The ethos of the skin was always to strip out as much of the distractions as possible that I felt I was getting bogged down in using other skins. I believe for Metacritic/IMDB/RT ratings I would also need to start using an addon like tmdbhelper to access the relevant APIs and that's something I've been keen to avoid - relying on other people's addons.

3. I've added the option to set the delay length before trailers autoplay in settings > copacetic > extra. Currently you can select  2-10 seconds. Let me know if you need a larger range and I can edit it accordingly.
I can understand your thoughts and the longer I work with your skin now I can understand the decision. 

I have one more question

My own playlists are outsourced because I use kodi in several rooms. The playlist of my daughter I always use as a widget or as a main entry in the home menu depending on what options are given to me by the respective skin. In your skin I do not find this option I can only create all playlists. Only in the skin based playlists I have the choice to select one of many. Then I tried it via the favorites but also here there is only the choice either all or none. 

So would it be possible that you can create the option in the category favorites so that I also have there the choice to choose only one favorite instead of all favorites I made? 

I hope my english is not to bad to understand what I mean
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copacetic: alpha and beta development thread8