Can you install Kodi onto samsung smart tvs?
i just bought a 55" SUHD 4K Curved Smart TV JS9000 Series 9 ( UN55JS9000F )
I was wondering if i can install kodi right onto it. it has a 8 core processor.
nope
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
To be precise, there's no official support, but assuming this one runs tizen, I think there's an unofficial port around.

Just Google for it.
Nice TV BTW

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
A Raspberry PI is so cheap it is not worth the headache of trying to get it to work on the TV. Just get a Pi. Or Amazon Fire. Or similar.
Especially when a Pi is only 1% of the price of the screen...

</irrational gadget envy>
Hi all,

You are all right in regards to the cost of the Pi or the cost of the screen, but let's turn the discussion the other way:
-> How many Smart TVs are available and used to play content?A: millions
-> How many PIs are available and used and people are used to is? thousands? less than a million anyway...

Kodi launched on Android and IOS - that's awesome and increased the awareness of the project and the usage of the player, but why not expand to other platforms? Documentation is available and I am sure there are lots of developers who would want to give it a go and a lot of consumers that would find Kodi very interesting and usefull on their *smart* device.

ps: congrats Blair
As of last February, over 5 million Pi's - https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/five-million-sold/

Admittedly only some of those will be used as media players, but it's still a very popular use for them.

And it does have the dual advantages of enabling a cheap "dumb" HD-TV to be turned into a Smart one (like my £250 LG TV is), and also if people like the BBC or other providers change their streaming etc, it's much simpler to maintain app compatibility with those changes and future proof them (and also to boost the processing power available by just replacing the Pi as newer more powerful models appear, or other suppliers bring such to the market like the Banana Pi or the ODroid C1 to name but two).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Quote:...why not expand to other platforms? Documentation is available and I am sure there are lots of developers who would want to give it a go and a lot of consumers that would find Kodi very interesting and usefull on their *smart* device.

There is no "why not". If other developers make the port then great, but that hasn't happened. I think you greatly over estimate the number of available developers that have the ability and interest in porting Kodi. Especially considering how few developers we have right now for huge platforms like Windows, Android, etc.
It looks like Samsung SmartTV can install kodi directly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrqJ89M7hxg
(2015-10-02, 03:42)theblacktruth Wrote: It looks like Samsung SmartTV can install kodi directly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrqJ89M7hxg

That's a fake video. You can't install XBian, which is specifically for the Raspberry Pi hardware, as an "application" onto any Samsung TV. It just doesn't work like that. Maybe the guy made it as a joke for his friends, but none of that is real.

EDIT: Yep, it's definitely a joke video, as are all of his youtube videos. I have to admit, that's pretty funny.
The comments are funny, too:

Quote:that dude is fake, dont download that crap, too much virus on my computer. he a fucking joke

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
(2015-10-02, 05:24)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-10-02, 03:42)theblacktruth Wrote: It looks like Samsung SmartTV can install kodi directly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrqJ89M7hxg

That's a fake video. You can't install XBian, which is specifically for the Raspberry Pi hardware, as an "application" onto any Samsung TV. It just doesn't work like that. Maybe the guy made it as a joke for his friends, but none of that is real.

EDIT: Yep, it's definitely a joke video, as are all of his youtube videos. I have to admit, that's pretty funny.

Well damn. Who has the time to create fake tutorials!? . . .may the ants of a thousand anthills infest his groin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can you install Kodi onto samsung smart tvs?0