Moved movies shown to be on the drive they are moved from?
Although the movies / folder with movies are moved to an external drive tMM keeps displaying them (and / or rebuilding their info files / the folders) on the drive they were moved from.

How could I make tMM not doing it?
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
how can i reproduce this?
could you explain a bit better, what you did?

1) have a movie in DB
2) movie in to another location
3) add new datasource in TMM
3) click update in TMM
?

(we have a small problem with NFO files in recent 2.6.8, which might be alredy fixed in upcoming 2.6.9 - just to be sure)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Thank you, myron.

<<<how can i reproduce this?
<<<could you explain a bit better, what you did?

Yes, of course:

1) have a movie in DB
2) movie in to another location (moved movie to external drive, manually / with another program, not with tMM)
3) plug off that drive
4) click update the source the movie was moved from (is not available anymore at that source) in TMM
5) the movie is shown after updating (not scraping) like before, the folders are re-created (with info files, re-created)
hmm works here for me.
Can you send us the logs? (and the name of the movie)
Yes, it might not that easy to reproduce it as it sometimes occurs for some movies, sometimes it doesn't. But I have any idea why, cannot recognize any regularities.

Hmmm, the logs.
maybe this is a problem caused from the rewrite NFO bug..
I hope that will be gone in 2.6.9
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
That would be great, thank you mlaggner.

I experienced this issue also in versions before the actual one of tMM.

Many thanks.
Hello All,

I noticed this as well but the way I got around it is:

1. Highlight media you plan to move (filters and using the CTL button help) in TMM
2. Right click and select "Remove selected movie(s) (DB)" Note: be sure NOT to select "Delete selected movie(s) (DB+File)"
2. Move files/folders
3. Refresh original source

TMM should not recreate the NFO files. What I believe is going on is that TMM does not verify media files exist for entries in its DB before refreshing. Hence, when it hits an entry (path) where a folder should be, it simply recreates the folder and NFO file and moves on.

Matt

....or something like that.
Hello,

Many thanks, yes that sounds like a good method. But when you move hundreds of movies / series often it might be extremely inconvenient doing it this way.

Many thanks again
@Dirki,

The other thing you might try is...make sure tMM is closed before moving your files. Then when you open tMM, immediately refresh the "from" source to force a good refresh. From my experience, tMM deletes missing media from its internal DB during a proper refresh. However, when it's constantly open there is some background process going on that is checking actual vs. expected folders/NFO files, hence the reappearing folders/NFO files.

It's just an observation on my part, I have no proof to back it up...
< The other thing you might try is...make sure tMM is closed before moving your files.
Yes, it is always closed before I move files.

< Then when you open tMM, immediately refresh the "from" source to force a good refresh.
I then always do an update of the data source I moved the files form.

< From my experience, tMM deletes missing media from its internal DB during a proper refresh.
Hmmm, I just moved files yesterday and after updating tMM (or while updating, I do not know) it recreates the info files and then re-downloads the images while scraping, if I saw it right.

< However, when it's constantly open there is some background process going on that is checking actual vs. expected folders/NFO files, hence the reappearing folders/NFO files.
Well, yes, some background processes appear never to stop on my tMM, do not know why or although in the status bar there is not shown one anymore when I click to close tMM a message appears displaying some background process is running. Or after such a process - what ever it is - is stopped and I click to scrape, nothing happens. So I have to restart tMM. But I couldn't find a way to make tMM not to recreate the moved files.

Many thanks
(2015-07-24, 13:09)Dirki Wrote: Although the movies / folder with movies are moved to an external drive tMM keeps displaying them (and / or rebuilding their info files / the folders) on the drive they were moved from.

How could I make tMM not doing it?

I seem to be missing sth here - wots TMM?
another tapatalk user, who doesn't see the subforum he's posting to? Big Grin
anyway... check out www.tinymediamanager.org

Back2Topic:
is this still an issue?
Can not reproduce this behaviour...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moved movies shown to be on the drive they are moved from?0