Beta TVLogo Downloader
Looks like this is your problem

Code:
23:06:01 T:18446744072040992384   DEBUG: CAddonInstallJob[script.module.pil]: requires xbmc.python version 2.0.0 which is not available
23:06:01 T:18446744072040992384   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.tvlogo.downloader]: dependency check failed

Maybe Enen can shed some light on it. I know pil module changed recently on master but not sure if thats responsible.

Maybe try downloading the script.module.pil manually and installing in your userdata will fix it.
Thank you very much for the support! I really appreciate it Smile
Just one more step hopefully to finalize. I am really sorry the question might be stupid but hey Smile, I am still learning things about this amazing piece of soft that Kodi is.
When I googled script.module.pil, I find an addon.xml file that is supposed to be a fix for Gotham while I am running Isengard. Is that the correct file? and if yes where exactly do I need to put it?
Seems the build you have somehow doesn't have correct pil version installed as that was already fixed a while ago
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-01-20, 01:19)Martijn Wrote: Seems the build you have somehow doesn't have correct pil version installed as that was already fixed a while ago

Hi Martijn,
How can I fix it?
Python PIL won't be required anymore in the future as Zag added a few new size options on the website to resize the images. I want to fix this addon for a lot of time but I'm still waiting for this PR (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8424) to go in (or to be refused) for the addon to work in all the platforms. Unfortunately in some platforms it might not work when the channels have special characters.
Did the merge help in the end?

Just looking at the stats for this add-on rising Wink
It will help the re-write. Sorry for the lack of news my time lately has been close to none. However it will only be usable in krypton so no need to rush Smile
I've never actually used this until today as already had icons, but I lost my icons on an openelec upgrade so thought I would give it a go.

Tested both the auto downloader and the contet menu, both worked well.

Would be good to get this on the official repo so others can benefit Wink

EDIT: the logos don't seem to be scaled perfectly, i've kept them original size but they are quite pixilated at smaller thumbnails.
(2016-04-16, 13:53)zag Wrote: I've never actually used this until today as already had icons, but I lost my icons on an openelec upgrade so thought I would give it a go.

Tested both the auto downloader and the contet menu, both worked well.

Would be good to get this on the official repo so others can benefit Wink

EDIT: the logos don't seem to be scaled perfectly, i've kept them original size but they are quite pixilated at smaller thumbnails.

Sorry for the delay zag, pretty busy lately. I plan to fix this addon and use the new api endpoints once Krypton is out.

Cheers
Hi,

I just downloaded this addon to my Kodi 16.1 (Mac OS X). However it doesn't work Sad

Any thoughts?

Code:
09:03:09 T:123145304526848 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'str' object has no attribute 'read'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/mriksman/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.tvlogo.downloader/default.py", line 49, in <module> tvlogodownloader.main_menu()
File "/Users/mriksman/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.tvlogo.downloader/resources/lib/tvlogodownloader.py", line 88, in main_menu context.run(channel_labels[choose])
File "/Users/mriksman/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.tvlogo.downloader/resources/lib/context.py", line 45, in run match = thelogodb.Channels().by_keyword(channel)
File "/Users/mriksman/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.tvlogo.downloader/resources/lib/thelogodb.py", line 28, in by_keyword data = json.load(get_page_source(url))
File "/Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/OSX-64/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/macosx10.10_x86_64-target/lib/python2.6/json/__init__.py", line 264, in load AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'read'
-->End of Python script error report<--
Came across this by pure luck download on my android phone and sony tv worked straight away no issues thanks for making this addon....
http://www.thelogodb.com didn't have a lot of logos where is about 40% of logos, better use lyngsat
Thanks for this extremely useful addon!
Ok how do we use it? You tell us what is does but not how to use it.
--When we try to run it it asks for a download folder so do we make one or do we have tp point it somewhere?
OK tried to create a Downloads Folder so that will NOT work and there seems to be no TVLogo addon folder in the Kodi Addons folder .
The context addon does NOTHING ! You can not run it or configure it so it in itself is useless.
The addon doesnt work anymore for me.. Cannot download any logos anymore..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVLogo Downloader2