How to block KODI system updates?
I know the start of this thread was some time ago, but I'd started typing a response so I'll post it anyway!

---

I'll throw in a suggestion for anyone else who feels that goblins are sneaking in and mysteriously updating their Kodi on Mint, 'buntu or any other Debian-based system: simply check is what apt thinks... if that knows about the upgrade, then that's how the version changed - which means you either have an automatic "install all updates" set somewhere or forced it through a package manager (e.g. Synaptic) or the command line (e.g. apt-get upgrade).

Try:

grep kodi /var/log/dpkg.log

==> This will give you all recent (since the log file was cycled) package activities involving Kodi, and

apt-cache policy kodi

==> This will tell you what you have installed, what's available and the PPAs you have defined that offer this package

Between those, it should be obvious whether the apt packaging system knows about the upgrade. If it does, it was the OS wot done it, your honour.

If you're on Android, you probably have auto-update set on the Play store.

---

I'll leave long-dead posts alone now: let sleeping threads lie.
I have Android and I have the same problem it updates automatically from 17.6 to 18.0 Leia and than I have Klok problems. It doesn't react properly. How do I stop downloading to the new version. Help.
(2019-02-07, 17:52)Pjerry Wrote: I have Android and I have the same problem it updates automatically from 17.6 to 18.0 Leia and than I have Klok problems. It doesn't react properly. How do I stop downloading to the new version. Help.
Turn off auto-update in your play store settings (either universally or just for kodi).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to block KODI system updates?0