• 20(current)
v19 Playon Browser
that would be amazing if you could! CG
v.2.0.3 update; includes Search.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thanks!!
@Lunatixz not sure if you were still working on library support for this add-on but if you want some help let me know. I didn't see a git so I just used the python folder in Kodi.

I manually made a couple movie strm files.
(2018-07-14, 04:16)snoopyjoe Wrote: @Lunatixz not sure if you were still working on library support for this add-on but if you want some help let me know. I didn't see a git so I just used the python folder in Kodi.

I manually made a couple movie strm files.
 Git location is here; you can also find the git locations by clicking the "Source" button

If you'd like to contribute code, feel free to open a PR. However, I recommend using https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=327514 to generate strms. I most likely will not pursue a built in solution.
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  I'm currently using v2.0.3 but it is unable to connect to my playon server.  In kodi I'm able to add a UPNP share just fine; Kodi recognizes the UPNP server and adds it showing all of my playon channels, but the Playon Browser doesn't seem to be able to.  I'm sure the older version allowed me to add an IP address, but the new version doesn't.  I can clear to the defaults, and I can select UPNP, but then the Playon Browser gives a popup that it found a Playon Server, adds it, and then doesn't display any sources.  Any suggestions on what I need to be doing here?  

Thanks,
Kehnn!
I am able to connect to the Playon Browser no problem and can connect to my various accounts but I am having an issue with streaming videos. The video starts and stops constantly. Here is my log file: https://paste.kodi.tv/opuverodas
(2018-09-20, 23:37)thec0r3 Wrote: I am able to connect to the Playon Browser no problem and can connect to my various accounts but I am having an issue with streaming videos. The video starts and stops constantly. Here is my log file: https://paste.kodi.tv/opuverodas
 Logs reads fine... however your stream is dropping... If you are on WIFI switch to LAN, if you are on LAN debug your network.... Try bumping your PC's playon server priority to "High".
If all else fails contact Playon for support... but it's definitely not Kodi or the plugin. Hope that helps Smile
Was looking into maybe using this for another option of video access but getting error when i use UPNP as the option. If I use m3u8 it buffers too much. I am on a wired connection. Also when it does play with m3u8 i have no audio. The actual playon program works with sound and no buffering. I am not like gotta have this, but thought i would share this if others may have experienced it or if it is something that should be addressed.

Thank you

10:31:08.232 T:7704   ERROR: Control 50 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
10:31:09.157 T:9300   ERROR: NEWADDON Unknown Video Info Key "label"
10:31:12.778 T:7784   ERROR: Previous line repeats 21 times.
10:31:12.778 T:7784   ERROR: plugin.video.playonbrowser-2.0.4-buildItemMenu Failed! 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 23: ordinal not in range(128) ,Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\mzup.KODI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.playonbrowser\resources\lib\playon.py", line 220, in buildItemMenu
                                                elif not search: self.addDir(name,item['@href'],1,thumb, genSTRM)
                                              File "C:\Users\mzup.KODI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.playonbrowser\resources\lib\playon.py", line 314, in addDir
                                                log('addDir, name = ' + name)
                                              File "C:\Users\mzup.KODI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.playonbrowser\resources\lib\playon.py", line 54, in log
                                                xbmc.log(ADDON_ID + '-' + ADDON_VERSION + '-' + (msg.encode("utf-8")), level)
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 23: ordinal not in range(128)
10:31:12.790 T:7784   ERROR: NEWADDON Unknown Video Info Key "label"
10:31:16.069 T:7704   ERROR: Previous line repeats 34 times.
10:31:16.069 T:7704  NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: plugin://plugin.video.playonbrowser/?url=%2Fdata%2Fdata.xml%3Fid%3Damc-37ec7d18da714f7ea8e35dfdf62ffdc5&mode=9&name=s09e01+-+A+New+Beginning
10:31:16.070 T:4804  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
10:31:16.071 T:4804   ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [plugin://plugin.video.playonbrowser/?url=%2Fdata%2Fdata.xml%3Fid%3Damc-37ec7d18da714f7ea8e35dfdf62ffdc5&mode=9&name=s09e01+-+A+New+Beginning]
10:31:16.071 T:4804  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
10:31:16.152 T:7768   ERROR: EXCEPTION: XBMC is not playing any media file
10:31:16.153 T:7768   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: XBMC is not playing any media file
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\mzup.KODI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\utils\player.py", line 75, in onPlayBackStarted
                                                self.current_video_total_time = self.getTotalTime()
                                            RuntimeError: XBMC is not playing any media file
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
10:31:16.359 T:7704  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
10:31:16.359 T:7704  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
10:31:16.359 T:7704  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
Do not post logs in the forum. Use https://paste.kodi.tv/ instead.
Greetings, I just found this and hoping you can help. I have an nvidia sheild running kodi and installed the playon browser - I set it to upnp and start it uo - it says found upnp server and them I get the little kodi wheel and it just spins and spins. I only have on Playon server - it is sitting right next tot he sheild as a matter of fact lol. Any ideas?
I initially had a few problems as well, perhaps this can help:

In my case, I had PlayOn already set up as a UPNP media source in Kodi, and then it stopped working a while back. Setting up this Add-On got me issues like swirly logos that would either hang when attempting to even browse or boot back out to the media browser without playing media. I'm currently running Kodi Leia RC4 on a Raspberry Pi.

Try the following:

1) Go into the plugin's configuration, take the defaults, configure it as UPnP, and note the server / IP viewed at the top.
2) Go into PlayOn Dektop's mobile settings (Settings --> Mobile) and confirm that both WAN and LAN are set up correctly there.
3) On your desktop, open up a browser and go to m.playon.tv and note the IP address it redirects you to. In my case, there was a new network adapter that was installed by another program that was confusing PlayOn. After disabling it and restarting the MediaMall service, 1, 2, and 3 all seemed to agree.

Once I did this I could re-add PlayOn as a UPnP media source and everything works from there. Doing the same via the plugin would now allow me to browse but I had a few issues:

1) In UPnP playback mode, every click in navigation pops up an annoying "UPnP server found" notification every time, and the playback doesn't actually play content.
2) In M3U8 playback mode, the browsing experience is better but I can only playback channels that are streaming, not pre-recorded content  in my media library. That's not a huge deal as I already have that content set up as a SMB share.

Overall I'd just suggest setting this up as native UPnP media sources at the moment rather that using the plugin. With some fiddling I bet I could get it to work better though.
(2019-01-18, 19:35)ParadoxGBB Wrote: I initially had a few problems as well, perhaps this can help:

In my case, I had PlayOn already set up as a UPNP media source in Kodi, and then it stopped working a while back. Setting up this Add-On got me issues like swirly logos that would either hang when attempting to even browse or boot back out to the media browser without playing media. I'm currently running Kodi Leia RC4 on a Raspberry Pi.

Try the following:

1) Go into the plugin's configuration, take the defaults, configure it as UPnP, and note the server / IP viewed at the top.
2) Go into PlayOn Dektop's mobile settings (Settings --> Mobile) and confirm that both WAN and LAN are set up correctly there.
3) On your desktop, open up a browser and go to m.playon.tv and note the IP address it redirects you to. In my case, there was a new network adapter that was installed by another program that was confusing PlayOn. After disabling it and restarting the MediaMall service, 1, 2, and 3 all seemed to agree.

Once I did this I could re-add PlayOn as a UPnP media source and everything works from there. Doing the same via the plugin would now allow me to browse but I had a few issues:

1) In UPnP playback mode, every click in navigation pops up an annoying "UPnP server found" notification every time, and the playback doesn't actually play content.
2) In M3U8 playback mode, the browsing experience is better but I can only playback channels that are streaming, not pre-recorded content  in my media library. That's not a huge deal as I already have that content set up as a SMB share.

Overall I'd just suggest setting this up as native UPnP media sources at the moment rather that using the plugin. With some fiddling I bet I could get it to work better though.
If you believe you are experiencing a bug or unwanted behavior from the plugin; Please post as much details as possible and include a log... THX
(2018-07-14, 18:27)Lunatixz Wrote: However, I recommend using https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=327514 to generate strms. I most likely will not pursue a built in solution.

I am actually trying to do just this per your recommendation, however if my playon server computer restarts due to an update etc. It breaks the integration due to the changing ID. Is there a setting I could set that would prevent this or is this just the way playon works? If this is something better asked in that addon's thread please just let me know. Thanks.
I had a couple questions @Lunatixz

*In the release notes for 2.0 I see that you added the ability to add recordings via the addon via context menu, I can't seem to find this functionality. Can you help point me in the right direction? Was this removed in subsequent releases? Or did I misunderstand the notes?
*I see you referenced another addon for library integration (looks great btw), Does this help overcome the playon issue of the favorites and or STRM links expiring or not working due to server restart? Or will this still have issues?
*Sometimes it takes like 10 or more clicks or more to get into the show that I am trying to watch so I add favorites the menus to favorites. Every time My server reboots or playon restarts I have to re-add the favorites as the old ones are no longer valid. Is there anything we can do make the saved links survive a server restart/service restart?
*Through the actual Playon application you seem to be able to add subscriptions that will automatically record new episodes of a given show. Any way to access those features un Kodi via your addon perhaps in future version?

Thanks Smile
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playon Browser4