• 2(current)
v19 Playon Browser
(2015-08-12, 02:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 02:36)jhatfield Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 11:16)Lunatixz Wrote: This addon doesn't handle playback, Kodi does...it gets its playback links directly from the playon app... so the only thing I can think of is either the link is dead or is timing out.

The links definitely work as I can play everything through UPnP. Is there another addon that I need to make this work?

if you are using kodi 15 there are a number of upnp issues... maybe that's the problem?

It works perfectly using UPnP so that's not the problem. I tested it on my desktop and it played fine so the issue must come from Kodi Android as I am using a Fire TV. Are there any known issues with android that would prevent playback of the this addon?
(2015-08-14, 07:51)jhatfield Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 02:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 02:36)jhatfield Wrote: The links definitely work as I can play everything through UPnP. Is there another addon that I need to make this work?

if you are using kodi 15 there are a number of upnp issues... maybe that's the problem?

It works perfectly using UPnP so that's not the problem. I tested it on my desktop and it played fine so the issue must come from Kodi Android as I am using a Fire TV. Are there any known issues with android that would prevent playback of the this addon?

I am having the same results...I am using firetv Kodi 14.2. If you figure this out please let me know.
Can anyone confirm that this app is working on Android specifically Firetv? I have done fresh installs on my HTPC and my Firetv of Kodi 5.1. On my HTPC the playon app works great but on my Firetv it video playback fails. The video will start to load then fails. Sometimes I will get a playlist error but uselly just falls back to the playon browser. I have verified my ip and port are correct in the settings. Anyone have any ideas?

I have verified these links are working through playon upnp in kodi. I can also work with my.video .strm files

Full logs here
http://pastebin.com/ar1GZqsP
Can anyone help me here? I've been running in circles for days trying to figure it out. Playon Browser is great on my PC but cannot play back on Firetv. Video starts to load then falls back to playon Browser. Playon upnp works on firetv so links should be fine. Same results with kodi 14.2 and 15.1. Same results with every version of playon browser I could dig up from 1.0.0 to 1.0.3. I'm really wanting to get static links that won't need to be refreshed with MyLibrary.

Logs
http://pastebin.com/ar1GZqsP
Anyone want to test out a custom .ini for FTV Guide or Ivue TV Guide? I included most of the Playon live channels.

Copy and paste from the pastebin link into note pad and save it as a .txt or .ini and add it FTV Guide or Ivue as a custom .ini in settings. Of course you need the playon plugin and need to be logged into the channels in playon with a valid login from a tv provider.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=v11HSXk4

Matt
(2015-08-12, 19:41)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 19:39)spyder Wrote: I was hoping to use your 'export to PTVL' with this(Hulu). Is this not supported, or am I doing something wrong?

HAHA your right... overlooked it, I'll push an update for the playon browser later...
Any update on this, I'd like to avoid adding strms to my library to get this content for channels.
is transcoding absolutely necessary to get this to work with kodi or does it also work without transcoding (i want to use this for amazon prime)?
(2015-09-03, 18:51)Ed76 Wrote: is transcoding absolutely necessary to get this to work with kodi or does it also work without transcoding (i want to use this for amazon prime)?

Playon always transcodes.
no, i have read that you can disable transcoding. but the question is if kodi can decode the files (especially amazon prime).
(2015-09-03, 19:18)Ed76 Wrote: no, i have read that you can disable transcoding. but the question is if kodi can decode the files (especially amazon prime).

There is an Amazon Prime Instant Video addon. I tried it when it first came out(free previews), and it worked fine. I don't think Kodi would have any problem, the playon server should just be 'transcoding' the sources to the same output type.
the amazon prime addon will only work until 14. september. after that it will not work anymore. at the moment only very low quality is possible with that addon (no hd).
transcoding has 2 disadvantages:
1) with transcoding you will loose (more or less) quality. also (from what i have read) max. 720p is possible with playon. but amazon, netflix send 1080p
2) for transcoding you need a lot resources. that means cpu ist getting hot, fan will be lout and i dont know if my amd a6 apu have enough power for transcoding.

does anybody know if kodi can handle the "not transcoded" pure stream from amazon?
(2015-09-03, 19:18)Ed76 Wrote: no, i have read that you can disable transcoding. but the question is if kodi can decode the files (especially amazon prime).

From their own FAQ. So you can skip transcoding for local media, but that's it.
Can I skip transcoding and serve the online streams directly to my device?
Quote:A very common question! And according to many device manufacturers, their consoles can natively handle quite a few different media file formats and codecs. It would make sense if PlayOn could just shuttle online video streams, such as FLV or H.264, directly to the device, instead of converting it on the fly, right? Unfortunately, the theory is better than reality, mainly for two reasons. First, although the devices claim to handle these codecs, the actual support is often unreliable, especially when the media is streamed from a web server vs. coming from a flat file on disk. Second, and much more importantly, all of the core online content providers available in PlayOn have quirks associated with them that actually require transcoding. For example, it's impossible for a DLNA client to incorporate separate advertisements interspersed within a main video. Also, many of the ads are in different media formats than the main show. DLNA clients require one single, contiguous video stream, and are unable to switch gears in the middle to accommodate a new codec. Additionally, many source videos include multiple layer overlays (such as logos or watermarks, advertisements, and timers), which can be correctly handled by the custom player on the web page in your PC browser, but not by a DLNA player. On the bright side, PlayOn has logic to skip transcoding of locally served MyMedia files when a given client device is known to reliably handle a specific file format and codec.

For Amazon check out this addon, it worked great for me (although I haven't used it in months).
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ght=amazon
(2015-09-03, 21:20)Ed76 Wrote: the amazon prime addon will only work until 14. september. after that it will not work anymore. at the moment only very low quality is possible with that addon (no hd).
transcoding has 2 disadvantages:
1) with transcoding you will loose (more or less) quality. also (from what i have read) max. 720p is possible with playon. but amazon, netflix send 1080p
2) for transcoding you need a lot resources. that means cpu ist getting hot, fan will be lout and i dont know if my amd a6 apu have enough power for transcoding.

does anybody know if kodi can handle the "not transcoded" pure stream from amazon?

1)I've noticed a max of 720p in Hulu(mostly what I use playon for), I'm not sure if they stream higher quality
2)Playon has a suggested passmark cpu score for both sd and hd

And...I don't think Kodi would have any problem handling the Amazon stream. It plays just about everything I throw at it, I think the only more capable player would be vlc.
Hi, currently I use PlayOn with the MyLibrary script. It seems to work good with the exception of links expiring.

How does this overcome this limitation?

Also with my current method, it seems that it doesn't keep track of episodes that have been watched. Does this help with that?
My library with PlayOn doesn't play well together. I would love to see this working so using have to have the links expire. Also having some sort of way to track what has been watched and what have would be nice
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playon Browser4