• 3(current)
v19 Playon Browser
Hi Devs,

I though I would post a potential feature request.

Not sure if this is possible but I thought I would check to see what you guys think.

Essentially the functionality that I miss is being able to restart or resume playback of a stream. For instance with Netflix and Hulu I can go in and set the settings for the plugin to always restart or always resume, however this doesn't always produce the desired results. For instance if I set it to always resume (how I currently have it set because of the lack of skip/seeking ability) it will resume where you left off even if you reached 95% of the end of the video.

Perhaps there is a way to add an option to restart the stream from the beginning if one desires to watch the same thing again.

Again I understand this may be a limitation of playon, just thought i would see if this is possible and if so you guys would be interested in working on it.

Thanks!
Thank you so much for this plugin. I am running OSMC/Kodi on my RPi2 and this plugin works perfectly!

My only issue is that netflix does not show any descriptions for movies or tv shows. I can see the box art and the name, but the info panel is blank. Is there any way to correct this?

Is this an issue with the plug-in or how OSMC is pulling the info?
Is this issue effecting anyone else?
I can't get this to work. It will appear to be opening a stream and then it will just go back to the menu. Any help to get this going would be appreciated.
(2015-10-07, 23:29)pcgirl Wrote: I can't get this to work. It will appear to be opening a stream and then it will just go back to the menu. Any help to get this going would be appreciated.

Sounds like an issue with Playon... This browser is pretty basic, it parses a list from the playon server then passes link information to Kodi.

If something failed to play it either timed out on Playons end or its a dead link.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Here is my log. Can you figure out what the problem is?

http://pastebin.com/2U03JQWA
(2015-10-08, 00:13)pcgirl Wrote: Here is my log. Can you figure out what the problem is?

http://pastebin.com/2U03JQWA

Code:
17:57:27 T:1933497224   ERROR: bool CDVDPlayer::OpenDemuxStream() - Error creating demuxer

Are you on wifi? its a network issue...
No, I am wired directly to the router. I also opened the port for the playon browser on the router.
On the plugin in the settings where I put in the IP and port for the m.playon.tv, there is a little box below it that I can put a check mark in or leave blank. What is that for? I don't have any description beside it.
(2015-10-08, 14:17)pcgirl Wrote: On the plugin in the settings where I put in the IP and port for the m.playon.tv, there is a little box below it that I can put a check mark in or leave blank. What is that for? I don't have any description beside it.

its for debugging, Has nothing to do with your issue. Which is a network related issue, either the Link/Playon or Kodi is timing out before playing... Nothing in the plugin can help you.

You're going to have to debug your network issues...IMO its just playon being flaky.
I don't think it is a network problem as I can play stuff on my iphone when at home or away from home.
First, let me say thank you for finding my thread and pointing me here. This looks like an addon with a lot of potential. I installed it and at first had some difficulty getting it to run, then I realized the problem wasn't with your addon....it was with the skin I was using. So to anyone having difficulty with initial setup, try changing to confluence or aeon.

Second, is there anyway to get higher res artwork? Navigating by icon is all but impossible, and I'm trying to make this "wife friendly".

Third, am I doing something wrong, because I see no content info when clicking on an episode or a movie. I only see the path and that is all. No rating, no length, no metadata, etc.

Fourth, this is only on certain channels, so I'm guessing I can tweak it out....but the audio quality on certain channels seems to be very low. Any advice on how to tweak this? Or is this just a limitation of web streaming?

Thank you in advance, and thank you for all your hard work. I was literally about to return playon because I couldn't get xbmc.mylibrary to work correctly.
(2015-10-08, 17:34)Borg-101 Wrote: Second, is there anyway to get higher res artwork? Navigating by icon is all but impossible, and I'm trying to make this "wife friendly".

Third, am I doing something wrong, because I see no content info when clicking on an episode or a movie. I only see the path and that is all. No rating, no length, no metadata, etc.

Fourth, this is only on certain channels, so I'm guessing I can tweak it out....but the audio quality on certain channels seems to be very low. Any advice on how to tweak this? Or is this just a limitation of web streaming?

Thank you in advance, and thank you for all your hard work. I was literally about to return playon because I couldn't get xbmc.mylibrary to work correctly.

you may want to have a look at this http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=205148 - with the strm files being generated you can add the content of these streams directly into the kodi library.
Thank you for pointing me there. It worked flawlessly with a few exceptions I'm working on. My only issue with PlayOn Browser is that I cannot get Amazon to work at all. It says username/password error. The username and password are both correct in PlayOn itself.
I installed the latest version of PlayOn. I think version 4.x... Ever since then my links haven't been expiring. I am just using MyLibrary with PlayOn as a upnp source

Anyone else confirm this?
nice
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playon Browser4