• 8(current)
v19 Playon Browser
...anyone?
(2016-01-21, 02:29)nolos Wrote: Having an issue with Playon Plugin. It was working fine until last night. I guess I had a bunch of channels enabled but my login credentials for most of them disappeared or something. I opened the Playon Browser config and re-enabled the channels that were saying I wasn't logged in when I tried watching the shows, and put in my credentials again. After I finished, I restarted the PC, restarted Playon, and restarted Kodi. Now, when I click the Playon Browser plugin in kodi it brings up the main menu and every time I click on "Movies and TV" it says Working for a while then errors and says to check the log. I turned on debug mode in Kodi, cleared the kodi log, and restarted Kodi to have a clean log and it rocketed up almost instantly to 40MB. I let it sit there and run after clicking the "Movies and TV" link in Playon for about 2 min and the file size got up to 128MB. Here's the link to that log.

<url>http://xbmclogs.com/pyvtjrp2u</url>

It's actually just a chunk of the code. I tried posting a 9K lines of the 400K and it crashed my webpage. Let me know if you need a different chunk.
There's a lot of info up to line 9686 in the log and then after that there are about 420 Thousand lines that are similar to this:
17:34:19 T:5488 WARNING: CWin32DirectSound::GetSpace - buffer underrun - W:10680, P:4294922040, O:104.

Was it a channel in PlayOn that I added that's causing an error? Thanks.

Also, m.playon works fine for me

This doesn't sound like an issue with the plugin, maybe an issue with Kodi and your hardware?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2016-01-22, 17:07)nolos Wrote: ...anyone?

Can you play videos if you access it through UPnP?
(2016-01-16, 21:36)jareds Wrote: HI all.
I have been battling for the past two days solid to get the playon browser workimg.
Im at the point to where I can browse my Netflix, and see all the media available, but when I select something i get a quick pop "Openingstream/media
and then the pop up disappears and nothing happens.

I am running my Kodi on the same machine (HTPC) as the Playon application. Is this what a native installation refers to?

I am running Playon V4 and Kodi 15.

I have done everything that I could possibly find with regards to the Playon Browser installation. THe main two items being adding a upnp:// as a video source, and changing the IP address within the settings of the Addon to that which I get by visiting m.playon.tv

I am not sure what else to do.
Please can someone assist?

Thank you,
Jared

I had the same issue. I put in a ticket with PlayOn and they pushed a fix. Well it was a fix that helped me. In the Netflix settings in PlayOn you can disable "hosted player" ( I think that is what they call it). That fixed my issues. Now PlayOn Browser works great!
Thanks all, I got it working. I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it started working again. It stopped right after that and I couldn't figure it out so I checked the settings and the IP had changed. It was pointing to .41 and I don't even have anything on that address and don't think I ever had. I changed it back to the PlayOn server address and it hasn't changed again yet. We will see how it goes. Thanks for the input everyone.
Quick question, someone in my family is considering getting PlayOn but wants to use it on a computer with a fixed IP address and NOT using uPnP. Is that possible with this addon, or does it require uPnP to find the server? Reason I ask is because his router doesn't have uPnP support.
(2016-02-03, 08:20)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: Quick question, someone in my family is considering getting PlayOn but wants to use it on a computer with a fixed IP address and NOT using uPnP. Is that possible with this addon, or does it require uPnP to find the server? Reason I ask is because his router doesn't have uPnP support.
PlayOn requires upnp. You'll need to tell them to upgrade their router.
(2016-02-03, 13:36)jctennis Wrote: PlayOn requires upnp. You'll need to tell them to upgrade their router.
Too bad then, they won't do that because they consider uPnP a security risk (see http://www.zdnet.com/article/homeland-se...s-at-risk/ and/or https://www.quora.com/Why-do-security-ex...the-router ). Good to know before they wasted 50 bucks. Thanks.
(2016-02-03, 08:20)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: Quick question, someone in my family is considering getting PlayOn but wants to use it on a computer with a fixed IP address and NOT using uPnP. Is that possible with this addon, or does it require uPnP to find the server? Reason I ask is because his router doesn't have uPnP support.

browser uses ip and plays using upnp.
(2016-02-04, 23:11)BadKarma Wrote: browser uses ip and plays using upnp.
Thanks. So I'm guessing the only way to do it would be to make the directory where it stores the recordings a shared directory, and then use that share as a video source in Kodi.

However I have found out a couple additional things about PlayOn that make me wonder if they will even want it, in particular that it limits the video quality to 720p and the audio to 2-channel stereo even if the source offers full 1080p and 5.1 audio. I can't figure out why they would intentionally degrade the audio and video for all users (there should be options to select whether you need lower video or audio quality, but it should not be forced on everyone), but that definitely makes it a lot less attractive.

Now if I were a Windows guru I'd try to figure out what they are calling to do their transcoding (in the Linux world it would probably be either ffmpeg or avconf) and insert some kind of shim code to look for and strip out any arguments that change the quality of the video or audio. But I have no idea what they would be using in Windows; for all I know they may have written their own transcoding software. I haven't touched Windows in about a decade, except for the odd instance here and there, so I remember very little about it now (mainly use OS X although after upgrading to 10.11 and discovering how many things that used to work are broken, I'm starting to wonder if I should just try to run Linux on everything. Yet I have a feeling Linux would frustrate me even more).
Hello, I have the Playon yearly subscription and I have been trying to use it through Kodi and haven't had any luck. It seems I can only get this working if I add it as a uPnP which means I have to access it by going to videos and clicking on files. I can't get it to work via the Playon Browser add-on in Kodi. Whenever I click on anything it shows "loading" and then I get an error check the log. Can someone help me out here? Is there a step by step guide posted somewhere that I could follow?

Thanks
Did you load PlayOn to your PC? Did you go to internet browser and type in m.PlayOn.TV and look for the PlayOn software that was loaded?
Working perfectly here... direct via playon on pc quality is very good but via wired connection to upnp on kodi its bad on moving images! any hints to improve?
I'm attempting to switch my XBMC.MyLibrary to use this instead of directly accessing the UPNP source so I don't have to reload it as often (I know you make an alternative to XBMC.MyLibrary which I'll address at the bottom), but I'm finding it less reliable overall. The problem seems most specific to my Amazon TV Watchlist.

My config.xml has that subfolder configured like this:

Code:
    <subfolder name="Movies And TV/Amazon Instant Video/Prime Watchlist/TV Shows" type="episodes" recursive="true" force_tvdb="true" suffix=" [Amazon]" >
        <exclude>
            <contains>E00</contains>
            <contains>S00</contains>
            <contains>Sneek Peek</contains>
            <contains>Preview</contains>
        </exclude>
    </subfolder>

In XBMC.MyLibrary, I'm getting these errors in the log:

Code:
03/13/2016 12:33:52 AM ERROR   Arvhiving        Failed to get list of files from JSON-RPC for: PlayOn/Movies And TV/Amazon Instant Video/Prime Watchlist/TV Shows/Doug Season 2 (plugin://plugin.video.playonbrowser/?nametree=Amazon+Instant+Video%2FPrime+Watchlist%2FTV+Shows%2FDoug+Season+2&parenthref=%2Fdata%2Fdata.xml%3Fid%3Damazon-1874591ab67f4b089a76e927f695e52a&href=%2Fdata%2Fdata.xml%3Fid%3Damazon-bbe691571079415ba107c07ce44d0cbd&mode=folder&foldername=Doug+Season+2)

And these files don't get added to Kodi. The rest seem to import fine, and this seems to be specific to certain shows (Doug, Drunk History, Rugrats).

The bigger problem though is that many files which are added don't play properly. When that happens, this is the error from the Kodi log.

Code:
12:18:32 T:5172   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.playonbrowser/?nametree=Amazon+Instant+Video%2FPrime+Watchlist%2FTV+Shows%2FTumble+Leaf+-+Season+1%2Fs01e06+-+Bucket+of+Mud%3B+The+Swimming+Hole&parenthref=%2Fdata%2Fdata.xml%3Fid%3Damazon-5d758bb90c2d49b7978c0593cdf3ce1b&href=%2Fdata%2Fdata.xml%3Fid%3Damazon-ed8d9d07c61c40e0ac83d94fa70191f2&mode=video&foldername=s01e06+-+Bucket+of+Mud%3B+The+Swimming+Hole]

Some of them work, some of them don't, and I can't tell if there's a pattern to it.

Finally, it seems like the episodes are getting cut short significantly - much more than It does in UPNP mode.

It's not a huge deal to stick to UPNP, but I'd love to be able to use this plugin more permanently. Do you think there's anything that can be done to resolve these issues?

As for why I'm using XBMC.MyLibrary instead of PseudoLibrary, I have a lot of specific exclusions for Amazon and Hulu. It's possible that PseudoLibrary would be capable enough to handle it now (which would be great) but at the time that I tried it it didn't quite suffice. That and it seemed less successful than XBMC.MyLibrary at distinguishing between shows and movies in the Netflix "My List". If only Netflix would separate them into different folders themselves...
(2016-02-06, 20:33)xbmclinuxuser Wrote:
(2016-02-04, 23:11)BadKarma Wrote: browser uses ip and plays using upnp.
Thanks. So I'm guessing the only way to do it would be to make the directory where it stores the recordings a shared directory, and then use that share as a video source in Kodi.

However I have found out a couple additional things about PlayOn that make me wonder if they will even want it, in particular that it limits the video quality to 720p and the audio to 2-channel stereo even if the source offers full 1080p and 5.1 audio. I can't figure out why they would intentionally degrade the audio and video for all users (there should be options to select whether you need lower video or audio quality, but it should not be forced on everyone), but that definitely makes it a lot less attractive.

Now if I were a Windows guru I'd try to figure out what they are calling to do their transcoding (in the Linux world it would probably be either ffmpeg or avconf) and insert some kind of shim code to look for and strip out any arguments that change the quality of the video or audio. But I have no idea what they would be using in Windows; for all I know they may have written their own transcoding software. I haven't touched Windows in about a decade, except for the odd instance here and there, so I remember very little about it now (mainly use OS X although after upgrading to 10.11 and discovering how many things that used to work are broken, I'm starting to wonder if I should just try to run Linux on everything. Yet I have a feeling Linux would frustrate me even more).

You can cast from the playon server with a DLNA renderer. Most media center boxes will allow you to set up a dLNA render with a DLNA server that way he is only sharing content and not devices

Also with Playon (I would suggest setting up recording for offpeak recording.) you can set up subscriptions and record programs. store them on a USB drive or flash them over to another TV

Theres lots of things to do with playon streaming as a UPNP is just another option. UPNP is not required. only if you wanna play it in Kodi do you need UPNP.

Also if your relative has a playstation or xbox their media servers are most likely Upnp. you can however set up manual portforwarding as an alternative..
Box: Matircom G Box AMLS812
Kodi: SPMC
Skin APPTV
Connection ADSL(11MPS) , Ethernet
Game Systems : Wii, PS3
Cable Provider: WOW! (Wide Open West)
Media servers (windows 10 PC) Mediaportal, Playon, Kodi

• 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playon Browser4