• 10(current)
v19 Playon Browser
Hey @Lunatixz , the addon is getting very good. Congratulations.

But I would like to mention that we still have the problem of netflix posters of the images are in very low resolution. And we do not even have any info of movies and TV shows .
Recently, the Addon Flix2Kodi won an update on the code by Marcelveldt , where the images and description are obtained directly from The Movie DB . I believe this would leave the Playon Browser with a very clean look .
If interested , here's the Github link where was the changes made ​​:

https://github.com/logi85/plugin.video.f...di/pull/37
It can be useful .

Again, congratulations for the Addon . I'm already using .
(2016-05-18, 19:08)sagrath Wrote: Hey @Lunatixz , the addon is getting very good. Congratulations.

But I would like to mention that we still have the problem of netflix posters of the images are in very low resolution. And we do not even have any info of movies and TV shows .
Recently, the Addon Flix2Kodi won an update on the code by Marcelveldt , where the images and description are obtained directly from The Movie DB . I believe this would leave the Playon Browser with a very clean look .
If interested , here's the Github link where was the changes made ​​:

https://github.com/logi85/plugin.video.f...di/pull/37
It can be useful .

Again, congratulations for the Addon . I'm already using .

Thanks for the info, the issue isn't where or how to get metadata... I already know of many possible outlets for poster artwork/meta. Problem is playon only provides the Title, no year, media type( ie TVshow or Movie) or tmdb/imdb/tvdb ids; making correct matches virtually impossible.

Flixster handles all artwork for playon, and i've patiently waited for their developers to respond concerning poster size.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hi, another thought that would make this add-on more awesome is perhaps integration with your psuedo library add-on.

If someone is using that to get STRM files assimilated into the Kodi library, perhaps adding an option to a context menu to add a show to your library for future easy access.

In that case Kodi will take care of the art and metadata
(2016-05-18, 20:19)skarragallagher Wrote: Hi, another thought that would make this add-on more awesome is perhaps integration with your psuedo library add-on.

If someone is using that to get STRM files assimilated into the Kodi library, perhaps adding an option to a context menu to add a show to your library for future easy access.

In that case Kodi will take care of the art and metadata

Hi, I plan on adding strm support, but the idea that Kodi will take care of the metadata falls under the post above. Kodi just like any plugin needs some basic information to match content with its meta. Title searches alone without a year of release for reference will match incorrect content/meta.

BTW, because Playon has multiple sources and no standard for how content is displayed. What works for Hulu, won't work for Amazon...etc... I'm interested in universal solutions... I'm sure in time I will find one.
I agree with you, although I have to say that most of the content that I scrape from Hulu and Netflix via MyLibrary script gets proper metadata. There are some instances that don't but I seriously scrape all Netflix kids genre movies and TV shows and it gets most content (at least 90%). I haven't tried sources from like the Xfinity channel or other networks though.

I am sure there is a better solution out there and if so i an sure you will find it.

Anyhow thanks for keeping this add-on alive.
(2016-05-18, 21:16)skarragallagher Wrote: I agree with you, although I have to say that most of the content that I scrape from Hulu and Netflix via MyLibrary script gets proper metadata. There are some instances that don't but I seriously scrape all Netflix kids genre movies and TV shows and it gets most content (at least 90%). I haven't tried sources from like the Xfinity channel or other networks though.

I am sure there is a better solution out there and if so i an sure you will find it.

Anyhow thanks for keeping this add-on alive.

I don't doubt you can get lucky and the media you like matches perfectly with the meta... But that's just luck Wink could just as easily been the wrong info...

I'd rather have low res posters that are 100% accurate than a 50/50 shot... Plugin is still in development i'm sure i'll find a solution.
(2016-05-06, 05:19)sagrath Wrote: Hi @Lunatixz!

With this Addon, we prevent the expiring issues with upnp sources? I can add a movie/serie of netflix on favorites? And this favorite Will work aways?

Thanks

Forgot to mention... The code still functions properly and tokens do not expire.
Thanks for clarifying!

Unfortunaly,I´m only a soft user. Wish I could how to code, to help.

But, if i have another idea, I´ll post

Thanks
If I understand you correctly then. If I use mylibrary with play on browser I should only have to do this one in order to have them play. Even if I have to reboot Kofi.

Sent from my A0001
I'm not sure where the code is for the expiring links. If it is in the PlayOn browser add-on then I would assume that it would work but you should have to point your source in the MyLibrary configxml file to the use the add-on path instead of the upnp path.

If the code is in the the pseudo library add-on it probably won't work with MyLibrary

Perhaps lunatixz can weigh in
(2016-05-18, 23:21)markaisi Wrote: If I understand you correctly then. If I use mylibrary with play on browser I should only have to do this one in order to have them play. Even if I have to reboot Kofi.

Sent from my A0001

Correct...
(2016-05-18, 23:26)skarragallagher Wrote: I'm not sure where the code is for the expiring links. If it is in the PlayOn browser add-on then I would assume that it would work but you should have to point your source in the MyLibrary configxml file to the use the add-on path instead of the upnp path.

If the code is in the the pseudo library add-on it probably won't work with MyLibrary

Perhaps lunatixz can weigh in

Playon acquires a token when you request to play a file, those tokens expire. The playon browser doesn't issue tokens, it only parses the playon server backend.

When you create a strm or play a file within playon browser it uses internal references to find the correct link to play, not the direct link which would include the expiring token.

Its the only way to generate token free strms... I'd recommend using PseudoLibrary to generate some strms, because I know it works... you could use mylibrary as well.
Thanks for explaining that. I never fully understood why the links expired.

Is it accurate to say then within psuedo library or MyLibrary (regardless of what you use) you should be generating the STRM file through the PlayOn browser plugin (plugin://plugin.video.playonbrowser) and not directly through upnp?

That is my issue if so. I work around the issue by running the update task as a scheduled task every so often
(2016-05-19, 00:13)skarragallagher Wrote: Thanks for explaining that. I never fully understood why the links expired.

Is it accurate to say then within psuedo library or MyLibrary (regardless of what you use) you should be generating the STRM file through the PlayOn browser plugin (plugin://plugin.video.playonbrowser) and not directly through upnp?

That is my issue if so. I work around the issue by running the update task as a scheduled task every so often

If you don't want expiring links you need to generate strms that use the playon browser.
Thanks for the info and you work on this. Now if I can only get all of my TV show strms to show up withing the library I would be set.

Sent from my A0001
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playon Browser4