• 11(current)
v19 Playon Browser
Hi,

I have a raspberry pi 2 with osmc dated april 2016, with playon browser 1.0.6 installed.

Since two weeks, playing Netflix files through videos->add-ons->playon browser doesn't work anymore. I can browse through Netflix fine, but when I start a stream, the screen goes black for
like two seconds, and then falls back to the osmc interface.

Strangely, playing videos through upnp:// (videos->files) plays fine.

Anybody got any idea what could be wrong?

Kind regards,

Michel
(2016-05-19, 22:11)schudel Wrote: Hi,

I have a raspberry pi 2 with osmc dated april 2016, with playon browser 1.0.6 installed.

Since two weeks, playing Netflix files through videos->add-ons->playon browser doesn't work anymore. I can browse through Netflix fine, but when I start a stream, the screen goes black for
like two seconds, and then falls back to the osmc interface.

Strangely, playing videos through upnp:// (videos->files) plays fine.

Anybody got any idea what could be wrong?

Kind regards,

Michel
Most likely playon is timing out, Click the link one more time... and if the media is found it will play. This plugin uses different methods to obtain a playable link, playon can be fickle and timeout.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hey all, a recent update seems to have broken this for me across all 3 instances of Kodi I have. The behavior I see is when I go into 'My List' is simply sits there with a 'working ...' message box and never comes back. Have to kill Kodi to get Kodi responsive again. Here is the error entry in the log I see:

14:59:20 T:13468 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.playonbrowser/?foldername=My%20List&href=%2fdata%2fdata.xml%3fid%3dnetflix-bd09a85931e641c0ad2d342f8b81c30a&mode=folder&nametree=Netflix%2fMy%20List&parenthref=%2fdata%2fdata.xml%3fid%3dnetflix) failed

All working on PlayOn side both directly or via the upnp Kodi route.

Looks like version 1.0.11 is installed. I noticed an 'update' message box yesterday (I think).

Cheers, Tony.
Mine seems to be broken as well
Seems Netflix works, but Xfinity shows don't play
(2016-05-21, 22:33)skarragallagher Wrote: Seems Netflix works, but Xfinity shows don't play

try v.1.0.12 improved playback... but parsing times vary... playon can timeout, you might have to retry playback...

Option was added to setting by default the plugin plays direct links, meaning tokens will expire but playback is quicker...
If you generate strms disable this option to allow the plugin to resolve links.
Thank you. Works good.

Sent from my A0001
Great send to be working
I noticed an issue with the PlayOn browser add-on that I thought I would make you aware of.

I was trying to watch Grimm "taming of the Wu". I went to the Xfinity channel and found Grimm and played the episode.

What happened next kind of surprised me. It actually played through Hulu(I could tell because of the Hulu logo bring present in the lower left). I think there is an issue with whatever matching you do to find the correct link to play. Turns out that I can watch it on both Hulu and the Xfinity channel. Who cares right? it played the right video...

The problem is because it thought it was 43 minutes long and it was played through Xfinity channel and with Hulu I get ads the video stopped at the 43 minute mark with about 10 minutes left of main content because of the different play length between the two sources, given Hulu having ads.
(2016-05-24, 10:49)skarragallagher Wrote: I noticed an issue with the PlayOn browser add-on that I thought I would make you aware of.

I was trying to watch Grimm "taming of the Wu". I went to the Xfinity channel and found Grimm and played the episode.

What happened next kind of surprised me. It actually played through Hulu(I could tell because of the Hulu logo bring present in the lower left). I think there is an issue with whatever matching you do to find the correct link to play. Turns out that I can watch it on both Hulu and the Xfinity channel. Who cares right? it played the right video...

The problem is because it thought it was 43 minutes long and it was played through Xfinity channel and with Hulu I get ads the video stopped at the 43 minute mark with about 10 minutes left of main content because of the different play length between the two sources, given Hulu having ads.

Thanks for the info... it's not unusual for services to outsource their content...

I'd need a log in order to rule out my end.

FYI. The "matching" that's done is bound to the source and is not a blind title match. So Grimm from Xfinity should not extend to Hulu unless that's the link Playon is returning.

Also you can disable link resolving in settings/playback under direct link. If it still plays through Hulu that's the link Playon is returning...

Please keep me updated, Kevin.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Happy to give you a log, what file do want?

When I play in Kodi through upnp (outside of the PlayOn browser addon) it plays properly from Xfinity. When played through the PlayOn browser it plays through Hulu. Ill try messing with the setting
(2016-05-24, 17:40)skarragallagher Wrote: Happy to give you a log, what file do want?

When I play in Kodi through upnp (outside of the PlayOn browser addon) it plays properly from Xfinity. When played through the PlayOn browser it plays through Hulu. Ill try messing with the setting

Follow instructions here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

Have Playons Direct Link, disabled... try and play the xfinity show, when it plays from hulu exit.

Enable Direct Link, try and play same show again... exit.

Play same show using upnp source...

upload log to xbmclogs.com thx
Ok, maybe I am retarded or something, I played it both ways with your plugin (direct link enabled and then disabled) and then once through native upnp.

All played through Hulu with ads.
They must be sharing content.

Then I played the same show through the NBC channel which played with no ads.

I guess the main issue last night was that it ended early, as the length says 43 minutes but with the ads it is longer. Last night it ended right at the 43 minute mark. Not sure if it is your plugin doing that or PlayOn.

Anyhow I will check that wiki and upload the logs. I'll do some more testing as well
Hi i'm trying to add a Playonbrowser directory from netflix to the favorites and to pseudotv live, but the link expires every time i reboot my pc that also host the playon server. I don't know which options i need to enable in Playon to prevent link from expiring. In addon Playonbrowser the options playback is set on "Play using UPNP".
Is direct link checked
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playon Browser4