• 21(current)
v19 Playon Browser
@Lunatixz  Any thoughts on the above?
(2019-02-21, 22:44)skarragallagher Wrote: I had a couple questions @Lunatixz

*In the release notes for 2.0 I see that you added the ability to add recordings via the addon via context menu, I can't seem to find this functionality. Can you help point me in the right direction? Was this removed in subsequent releases? Or did I misunderstand the notes?
*I see you referenced another addon for library integration (looks great btw), Does this help overcome the playon issue of the favorites and or STRM links expiring or not working due to server restart? Or will this still have issues?
*Sometimes it takes like 10 or more clicks or more to get into the show that I am trying to watch so I add favorites the menus to favorites. Every time My server reboots or playon restarts I have to re-add the favorites as the old ones are no longer valid. Is there anything we can do make the saved links survive a server restart/service restart?
*Through the actual Playon application you seem to be able to add subscriptions that will automatically record new episodes of a given show. Any way to access those features un Kodi via your addon perhaps in future version?

Thanks Smile
 1. You need Playon's "Play Later" https://www.playon.tv/playlater
2. The issue can be resolved by forcing a strm generator to "refresh" the internal reference path. Not sure if any generators include this feature...
3. Same issue as 2, paths are dynamic.. and links and strms are static... Playon changes its paths based on tokens generated when you start its server.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Guys,

Sorry, just a quick question about this addon.  Doesn't this work remotely outside of a lan?

Doing a Kodi setup right now, trying to figure this out...
(2019-03-20, 23:50)Lunatixz Wrote:

*In the release notes for 2.0 I see that you added the ability to add recordings via the addon via context menu, I can't seem to find this functionality. Can you help point me in the right direction? Was this removed in subsequent releases? Or did I misunderstand the notes?
*I see you referenced another addon for library integration (looks great btw), Does this help overcome the playon issue of the favorites and or STRM links expiring or not working due to server restart? Or will this still have issues?
*Sometimes it takes like 10 or more clicks or more to get into the show that I am trying to watch so I add favorites the menus to favorites. Every time My server reboots or playon restarts I have to re-add the favorites as the old ones are no longer valid. Is there anything we can do make the saved links survive a server restart/service restart?
*Through the actual Playon application you seem to be able to add subscriptions that will automatically record new episodes of a given show. Any way to access those features un Kodi via your addon perhaps in future version?

Thanks Smile
2. The issue can be resolved by forcing a strm generator to "refresh" the internal reference path. Not sure if any generators include this feature...
3. Same issue as 2, paths are dynamic.. and links and strms are static... Playon changes its paths based on tokens generated when you start its server. 

Hi "Lunatixz" 
Thanks for the reply, not sure how I missed it.

In regards to recording. I have playon and playlater as they are technically the same product now. My question was in regards to your addon. I wish I could add a subscription and or add a recording to the queue from within kodi instead of using their interface. I noticed in the 2.0 release notes that it mentions this but my context menu doesn't have any recording options. I was merely asking if the feature is already coded and implemented and if not would you consider the possibility of adding it?

I understand the challenge with the link generation, I just didn't know if there was any coding jujitsu that overcome this. I don't use a stream generator anymore. I was just trying to bookmark or favorite certain subdirs through the addon. From the front end the path is the always the same... I understand that on the backend it changes during restart. I have asked playon to make the change on their end as well but I was wondering if there was anything that can be done via the addon. For instance, I go to Playon-->Xfinity-->Networks-->Networks A-Z-->A-->ABC-->Series-->Popular series-->….. You get the idea, with some sources it gets really deep. Im not talking about creating STRM files etc I was just trying to skip to the folder although I understand that it may be related.

Anyways Thanks again for the reply, and I look forward to your responses.

Cheers
This was the release notes that I was referring too
>v.2.0.4
- Updated Auto-IP detection
v.2.0.3
- Added Search function
- Added Auto-IP detection
-v.2.0.2
- Improved UPNPID detection
- URL caching improvements
v.2.0.1
- Fixed PlayLater playback
v.2.0.0
- Refactored and optimized Code.
- Added PlayLater Recording via Context Menu.

How do I do Playlater Recording via Context Menu? 

Thanks
Okay, I do see the context menu items for individual videos or movies now. I think what had me messed up was the I was looking on the folder not the individual item. If I find a show I want to watch, it is highly unlikely that I will go through and add each episode to playlater or even export to library since upon server restart the items will be no longer valid. Is there any way to add ability to add whole seasons or shows with all seasons. Also it would be awesome to add subscriptions as well. I am not sure if that is possible?

Also what is the difference between "add selected directory to library" and "Sync selected directory to library" and in what case would use one over the other?
(2019-10-10, 00:19)skarragallagher Wrote:
(2019-03-20, 23:50)Lunatixz Wrote:

Thanks Smile

Hi "Lunatixz" 
Thanks for the reply, not sure how I missed it.

In regards to recording. I have playon and playlater as they are technically the same product now. My question was in regards to your addon. I wish I could add a subscription and or add a recording to the queue from within kodi instead of using their interface. I noticed in the 2.0 release notes that it mentions this but my context menu doesn't have any recording options. I was merely asking if the feature is already coded and implemented and if not would you consider the possibility of adding it?

I understand the challenge with the link generation, I just didn't know if there was any coding jujitsu that overcome this. I don't use a stream generator anymore. I was just trying to bookmark or favorite certain subdirs through the addon. From the front end the path is the always the same... I understand that on the backend it changes during restart. I have asked playon to make the change on their end as well but I was wondering if there was anything that can be done via the addon. For instance, I go to Playon-->Xfinity-->Networks-->Networks A-Z-->A-->ABC-->Series-->Popular series-->….. You get the idea, with some sources it gets really deep. Im not talking about creating STRM files etc I was just trying to skip to the folder although I understand that it may be related.

Anyways Thanks again for the reply, and I look forward to your responses.

Cheers     

PlayLater recording is available via Kodi's context menu ONLY when highlighting media that supports it.
I'm limited by the capabilities of their backend, "code jujitsu" to what end? I'm not looking to invest time in fixing their mistakes. 
You can bypass their changing paths by using the search feature option.
(2019-10-10, 00:44)skarragallagher Wrote: Okay, I do see the context menu items for individual videos or movies now. I think what had me messed up was the I was looking on the folder not the individual item. If I find a show I want to watch, it is highly unlikely that I will go through and add each episode to playlater or even export to library since upon server restart the items will be no longer valid. Is there any way to add ability to add whole seasons or shows with all seasons. Also it would be awesome to add subscriptions as well. I am not sure if that is possible?

Also what is the difference between "add selected directory to library" and "Sync selected directory to library" and in what case would use one over the other?
No way to add a folder, their backend does not support it.
(2019-10-10, 02:41)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2019-10-10, 00:44)skarragallagher Wrote: Okay, I do see the context menu items for individual videos or movies now. I think what had me messed up was the I was looking on the folder not the individual item. If I find a show I want to watch, it is highly unlikely that I will go through and add each episode to playlater or even export to library since upon server restart the items will be no longer valid. Is there any way to add ability to add whole seasons or shows with all seasons. Also it would be awesome to add subscriptions as well. I am not sure if that is possible?

No way to add a folder, their backend does not support it.
Thanks, i will work on them
Everyone talks about entering Playon IP settings by going into the browser on KODI, but I cannot find a freaking browser?  Where is itHuhHuhHuhHuh
THERE'S NO BOWSER IN KODI.  HOW DO I ENTER IP SETTINGS!!!!!Huh??
Is it possible to have PlayOn software installed on a server and use remotely rather than on same ip
For the life of me, I can not get this to work.

I have kodi installed as libreelec on a Raspberry Pi4. I have UPnP services turned on and allowing control. I have the PlayOn server installed on another PC in a different room (on the same network) and running. I installed the plugin which I have set to UPnP and it eventually found my PlayOn server but while it sees everything I can't get it to play anything.

Additionally, when I click to open the PlayOn Browser addon I get a popup window asking me to "Navigate to UPNP, locate Playon Server". It does this for every selection in the process.

e.g. click PlayOn Browser addon > get a slide out window asking "Navigate to UPNP, locate Playon Server", which is empty > click "ok" > window goes away and I'm presented with my list of channels > select media library > window slides out again, click ok > select video > window slides out again, click ok > select all video > window again > select a letter > window again > select a video > window again > video doesn't play.

So even after going through all of that, none of my media plays. It's the same process if I try to play an Amazon Prime video (in this case Jack Ryan). I can get all the way to the episode list (complete with that pop-out window every step of the way) and then nothing plays.

I've tried restarting my Pi4, restarting the PlayOn server, uninstalling and reinstalling the addon and setting everything up again.

All in all, I'm at a complete loss. Hoping someone in here can point me in the right direction/clue me in to what I'm doing wrong.
Tested and confirmed working; try clicking "default" in playon plugin settings, then "ok". Allow the plugin to automatically find your server. Quality of service in Kodi is depended on your LAN and Server setup.
Updated for Matrix, Enjoy!
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playon Browser4