• 1(current)
Kodi pre-15.2 Isengard testing
Information 
THIS THREAD IS JUST FOR REGRESSION TESTING. DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR ALL BUG REPORTS. PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE REPLYING HERE.
While these are test builds for a bugfix/maintenance version, they are still test builds. Proceed with caution and always backup (wiki) your settings!

This thread will be updated whenever we create a new test build. Be sure to visit on regular bases to see if a new build is available.

Any unrelated questions or posts will be deleted without notice!!

What is this:
  • These are test builds for anyone who would like to help with testing the upcoming Kodi v15.1 bugfix/maintenance release.
  • No new features have been added to this version.
  • Only bug fixes have gone in.
The main aim of this thread is to help make sure that no new bugs have accidentally slipped in as a result of the other bug fixes.

How to help:
  1. If something was working in v15.0 or v15.1 and is now broken in pre-v15.2: This is the main thing we want to know about. Please include in your post:
    • Say if this was also an issue in v15.0 or not.
    • A debug log (wiki)
    • The build date (in the download URL or in system info on Kodi)
    • Details about your system (OS, hardware specs, etc)
    • Steps needed to reproduce the issue (play a movie, go to a file list, use an add-on, etc)
    • The more details, the better.

2. If something was broken in v15.0 or v15.1 and is now fixed in pre-v15.2: feel free to post about that. Confirmation is always nice.

Where to download:
Specific v15.1 test builds are listed below. Other files in the "test-builds" directory are unrelated to v15.2 testing.

http://kodi.tv/download/

As always, a huge thanks to all our testers for helping make Kodi better for everyone!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Changes in 15.2:
Changes for v15.2 are listed here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/Isengard
Changes in 15.1:
Changes for v15.1 are listed here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/Isengard
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hope this is the right place to post it :-)

Rewind with music files is not working:
When playing (using DVDPlayer) a music-file forward is working perfectly. Rewind seems to go very very fast forward until the next song.
If using a CD forward and rewind both work correctly.

It happened also in v.15.0
I'm on Windows 7 SP1
Build is RC1 20150729-5ad9438 (July 29)

P.S. is there any workaround to make consistent FastForward/Rewind (may be also using Seek or something else) with Audio Files and CDs? If I use Seek or StepBack Audio files work but CDs don't...

Thanks

Extract from debug (pls let me know if more is needed...):
*** MOD EDIT: Moved to pastebin *** http://pastebin.com/9E7qSb6Q
I just upgraded to 15.1 Kodi and now when I try to play any video when the hud disappears the video begins to "flickering" or "stuttering"(i'm italian i dont 'know how to say, the video stops every 2 second) and the audio disappears also kodi crash every time I close. I would like to show the log but you need to see everything? It is really long.

sorry my bad english Sad

edit: sorry guys was my fault the gamepad was connected and one of the button was push, however kodi keeps crashing when I close it
(2015-08-02, 14:29)andmind Wrote: I just upgraded to 15.1 Kodi and now when I try to play any video when the hud disappears the video begins to "flickering" or "stuttering"(i'm italian i dont 'know how to say, the video stops every 2 second) and the audio disappears also kodi crash every time I close. I would like to show the log but you need to see everything? It is really long.

sorry my bad english Sad

edit: sorry guys was my fault the gamepad was connected and one of the button was push, however kodi keeps crashing when I close it

Did the same thing happen with Kodi v15.0?
(2015-08-02, 14:40)Ned Scott Wrote: Did the same thing happen with Kodi v15.0?

yes, this is my final part of log

http://pastebin.com/wZQbKVyQ

edit: maybe this is the wrong place to ask help, right?
I would love to help if i would be able to install it on Trusty vi ppa Wink
15.1 broke UI Sounds as well as TV Shows Theme Sounds.

They are not played at all. Movie Sound still works.

TV Show Theme sound is played, but not hearable. I can see "Theme Play" when switching to Home

Debug Log: http://xbmclogs.com/pjbijvyfk

It totally broke UI Sounds. Even after switching back to 15.0 no UI Sounds...

How do I get them backHuh?
(2015-08-02, 20:59)elchupete Wrote: 15.1 broke UI Sounds as well as TV Shows Theme Sounds.

TV Show Theme sound is played, but not hearable. I can see "Theme Play" when switching to Home

See the "How to help" section above. It's critical to follow the steps listed there.
(2015-08-02, 21:09)natethomas Wrote:
(2015-08-02, 20:59)elchupete Wrote: 15.1 broke UI Sounds as well as TV Shows Theme Sounds.

See the "How to help" section above. It's critical to follow the steps listed there.

OK so for those who wants to know

Say if this was also an issue in v15.0 or not.
- No

A debug log (wiki)
http://xbmclogs.com/pjbijvyfk

The build date (in the download URL or in system info on Kodi)
- Kodi compiled Aug 2 2015 by Clang 6.0 (clang-600.0.56) for OS X x86 64-bit version 10.7.0 (1070)

Details about your system (OS, hardware specs, etc)
- Running on Apple Inc. Macmini7,1 with OS X 10.10.4, kernel: Darwin x86 64-bit version 14.4.0

Steps needed to reproduce the issue (play a movie, go to a file list, use an add-on, etc)
- Fire Up Kodi. Switching the menue -> No Sound. Enter TV Shows, select Show -> No Sound (see Debug file line 861. mp3 is loaded...)
When starting a Show or a movie, sound is there :-)

- OK Additional Info: No Sound in Youtube Plugin. Seems To be the case, that all sounds that are transcoded do not work. AC3 Sonds, that are played using Passthrough work.

The more details, the better.

And after returning to Kodi 15.0 No sound... How do I get UI Sound back?

Edit: So got my UI Sounds back. Needed to fresh Install 15.0 and apply backup...
Sounds like an addon issue to me. The tv theme (from tvtunes, which got a buch of updates lately) is not related to UI sounds.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-08-03, 08:22)mkortstiege Wrote: Sounds like an addon issue to me. The tv theme (from tvtunes, which got a buch of updates lately) is not related to UI sounds.

OK, so why are UI Sounds not being played?
Are we talking about the same UI sounds? I am not entirely sure i understand the issue as it reads like a tvtunes problem.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
TvTunes can also change the volume, so UI sounds might only be muted?
(2015-08-03, 11:04)Ned Scott Wrote: TvTunes can also change the volume, so UI sounds might only be muted?

I reinstalled 15.1 and this time UI Sounds still work....

I think, that you where right and Volume was turned down for some reason. As I do use an external volume control and have internal volume normally set to 100, it might be the reason, that I did not come up with that myself.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi pre-15.2 Isengard testing1