• 4(current)
Kodi pre-15.2 Isengard testing
Just made a clean install of Kodi 15.1rc and got strange channel switching in PVR, with TVHeadend backend.
When I switch channel I first got a few seconds sound of the new channel, showing the latest frame of the previeus channel, and then i get image of the channel.

Tested on a clean machine with Windows 8 and clean install of Kodi 15.0 and Kodi 15.1rc1.

You can see the differences in zapping in the next two video's, first is 15.0 second is 15.1 rc1.

Edit:

Fixed by disableing dxva2 in video settings.
(2015-08-13, 00:32)leejk Wrote: I tried RC1 today and rewind still does not work properly. I can find no mention of this fixed in these notes: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues?q=mi...rd+15.1%22

Fast forward works fines, as it always has. Can someone please elaborate on why this obvious defect has been overlooked?

thx

(2015-08-13, 01:13)Deihmos Wrote: I am also surprised it hasn't been fixed.

It's not being overlooked. It's simply a hard issue to fix, or at least to find the root cause and then fix without breaking other things.

Please, do not post about what isn't "fixed" in this thread. This thread is just for regressions testing, which means to make sure new bugs haven't been introduced because of the current fixes.
Video playback dropping frames on AFTV and AFTV stick using the 15.1 RC1, noticing PC pattern is fluctuating from ppc:1 to pc:none when drops/stutter occur and logs dropped frames. It sticks to pc:none when menu brought up during playback.
(2015-08-13, 23:08)crystalgipsy Wrote: Video playback dropping frames on AFTV and AFTV stick using the 15.1 RC1, noticing PC pattern is fluctuating from ppc:1 to pc:none when drops/stutter occur and logs dropped frames. It sticks to pc:none when menu brought up during playback.

Again, please tell us if this was also an issue or not in Kodi v15.0, and please include debug logs (wiki).
(2015-08-13, 12:37)Ned Scott Wrote: It's not being overlooked. It's simply a hard issue to fix, or at least to find the root cause and then fix without breaking other things.

This is a dxva2 issue and nobody seem to have looked at it so far.
(2015-08-14, 07:37)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2015-08-13, 12:37)Ned Scott Wrote: It's not being overlooked. It's simply a hard issue to fix, or at least to find the root cause and then fix without breaking other things.

Okay, but the word "overlooked" means to ignore or to pass up something. Nothing is being ignored. The bug has been documented, we know it is a dxva2 issue, and that it still needs to be fixed. Waiting for someone with time to look at it is not the same thing as it simply being overlooked by the projected.
(2015-08-14, 10:36)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 07:37)FernetMenta Wrote:

Okay, but the word "overlooked" means to ignore or to pass up something. Nothing is being ignored. The bug has been documented, we know it is a dxva2 issue, and that it still needs to be fixed. Waiting for someone with time to look at it is not the same thing as it simply being overlooked by the projected.

I agree, that is a good description of the state.
I still get sound dropping off in 15.1 but only on live feeds. Some picture freeze too. But mostly sound loss.
(2015-08-15, 00:19)ap17 Wrote: I still get sound dropping off in 15.1 but only on live feeds. Some picture freeze too. But mostly sound loss.

Most likely an Android only issue
Ran the 4K Buck Bunny demo and expected it to be a little jerky and audio out of sync with hardware acceleration set to ON (last time I checked with an older version) and was pleasantly surprised how smooth it ran until I saw it was using the CPU and software decoding even though I have selected hardware acceleration in settings.

I don't know if this is an issue or not, this maybe the intentional operation. Kodi 15.1 Aug 10th compile.
Since installing 15.1 I've been having problems with watching films and TV in full screen. The majority of the picture seems to be cut off and towards the bottom right of the screen. I've noticed that I'm not the only one with his issue.
has anyone had issues with this? Overtime I install the new koi it works great i then close attempt to log into later and my iPhone won't load the koi or xvmc page
its kodi and xbmc ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
15.2 have fixed my amazon tv playback issues with 1080p videos.

Running the last version of the firmware that could be jail broken.
Hey, thanks for all the hard work! I'm on my iPad, but I'll get more details soon.

Went from last version to 15.2. Seems snappier, however I have a bunch of videos (mkv) that played just fine in 15.0. And now the video has green chops, a lot of black, and no audio.
I don't know if it's all MKVs or just these.
Files play fine on another PC with 15.0, or in media player.
Windows 10 on both PCs.

I'll get more info soon. Sorry I shutdown the htpc for tonight. So tired... Thanks!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi pre-15.2 Isengard testing1