Getting thumbnails working
Hi,

I have Kodi (OpenElec) with a Media Portal backend working really well.

The only think I can't get working is the thumbnails for recordings - Media Portal creates them, Kodi simply does not display them.

Is there any way to get this working?

Thanks.
I have the same issue.

MediaPortal running on a windows "server" (actually just the regular desktop windows - was Win 7 x64 Pro, recently upgraded Win 10 x64 Pro)

3 Kodi client media players (OpenElec on MX2s) - all work perfectly except for not displaying thumbnails from TV Recordings.
However, If I run the Kodi client on a windows PC, it DOES display the thumbnails.

Issue has existed a long time for me, through both versions of windows, Mediaportal versions 1.10, 1.11 and now 1.12 with TVServerXBMC and now TVServerKodi plugins, and thru different versions of OpenElec Gotham XBMC thru to OpenElec Kodi (currently at Helix14.97 I think..I could be wrong)

That said, as the windows PCs running Kodi (14.2) *DO* display the thumbnails, and the OpenELEC players do not, I'm guessing the issue is on the OpenELEC side, perhaps a linux client acccessing SMB share thing ? (Although TV logos and media files work fine via SMB)

It's a minor issue for me, as everything works perfectly otherwise, but if anyone has a solution to the problem I would like to know what it is.
mmm, yes, sounds like a SMB thing to me.

I agree its a minor issue, everything else works really well - but I'd love to get it working as it makes the PVR look better...

I'm using a RPi2 with OpenElec and a Windows 7 PC as the backend.

Cheers.
Go into mediaportal tv server under recordings and set the folder for recordings to a networked path not the local folder. Then tick 'leave thumbnail' option.

This should work... I had the same issue and this worked for me.
I cant get this to work. I already have the recording folder set to a UNC path, I cant see anywhere to specify the thumbnail folder apart from a check box which places them in the recording folder - I've already got this set.

No thumbnails...
(2015-08-23, 21:25)neild7744 Wrote: Go into mediaportal tv server under recordings and set the folder for recordings to a networked path not the local folder. Then tick 'leave thumbnail' option.

This should work... I had the same issue and this worked for me.

This worked like a charm... Thanks!

I HAD my recording folder set to D:\Media\Recordings (Recordings being a shared folder), but it didn't work.

On your suggestion I set the recording folder to \\[servername]\Recordings, removed and re-added via the Database Import and viola... Now the thumbnails show! Thank goodness I already had the 'Autocreate' and 'Leave a thumb in recording folder' checked in the Thumb tab. Smile

Wile E.
XBMC PVR Addon Unofficial Builds for Frodo Nightly Builds.
http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/xbmc
I wonder what I'm doing wrong then?

I've got Autocreate and Leave a thumb in recording folder checked and the recording folder is set to \\[servername]\Recordings.

I can see the thumbs in the folder along with the TS recording file and the XML file.

No thumbnails in Kodi though...
I forgot to mention I am using Lubuntu not Openelec. I gave up on Openelec a month ago with all their issues and delayed releases. The Openeelc team seems more focused on releasing their hardware than their software...
(2015-08-30, 14:48)archie456 Wrote: I wonder what I'm doing wrong then?

I've got Autocreate and Leave a thumb in recording folder checked and the recording folder is set to \\[servername]\Recordings.

I can see the thumbs in the folder along with the TS recording file and the XML file.

No thumbnails in Kodi though...

Just a few thoughts....

If you are using the server name, can openelec resolve the host name to an IP address? Also, is your Kodi Settings -> Services -> SMB client Workgroup set to the same as the server?
Thats a good point, I'm using the IP address for everything apart from the Recorded TV folder (just overlooked that).

I'll change it to an IP address to see what happens.
Ahh, the dialog box that allows you to enter the Recorded TV folder does not allow text input - only browse, so there is no way I can enter a IP address.

How did you get the IP address in the Recorded TV folder in TV config?
(2015-08-31, 10:02)archie456 Wrote: Ahh, the dialog box that allows you to enter the Recorded TV folder does not allow text input - only browse, so there is no way I can enter a IP address.

How did you get the IP address in the Recorded TV folder in TV config?

You're correct, you cant enter an IP. I was just wondering if your Openelec box was able to resolve the host name of your MediaPortal server. Also, did you set the SMB Client Workgroup setting in Kodi? I don't know if that matters, but worth a try...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting thumbnails working0