Isengard intermittend no sound after fwd/rewind
(2015-07-27, 19:43)kitsab Wrote: I hope this will be fixed, or could there be another way to get around the sound skipping with simultan sound output active.

The problem is that Kodi has never supported this scenario. It is not trivial to output audio to two different devices and maintaining a/v sync. The cheapest and dirtiest way to implement it would be to level audio sync to the average delay of both devices by returning the delay of one device for one call and the other for the next call. If pulse did it that way it would explain the alternating skips and duplicates of audio packets indicated in the log.
Let's find it out. Set the output to combined and choose "Fixed" and samplerate 48000 and 2.0 channels. What happens now?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-07-27, 22:32)fritsch Wrote: Let's find it out. Set the output to combined and choose "Fixed" and samplerate 48000 and 2.0 channels. What happens now?

What does this test tell us? How is samplerate related?
Here is what I think:
pulseaudio has fallback samplerate of 48 khz, which works on a analog device and also on every hdmi output device. The 44.1 khz that was probably used in his testing was only supported by the analog part, so additional resampling to the hdmi out would have happened. So let's try if PA behaves better if both output devices get a chance to use the same samplerate.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
same issue here. not only after ffwrd but sometimes already from the start.
http://pastebin.com/Kv4hS5PB

on almost all video/mkv files. i'm using pulseaudio with "combined sink" for ages, always worked like a charm..
does 16 alpha fix this one as well? seems similar to this thread

regards Eddict
Can you please play this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...NCOPv2.mkv

and post a Debug Log with it?
sure. here you are
(audio started right away, also after ffwrd Confused)
So: No issue with this sample, right?

Does this only happen when you play 25 or 50 fps content at 59.94 hz?
Quote:19:46:58 T:139942114092800 NOTICE: VDPAU::COutput registered output surfaces
19:46:58 T:139942105700096 NOTICE: fps: 25.000000, pwidth: 1360, pheight: 765, dwidth: 1888, dheight: 1062
19:46:58 T:139942105700096 NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : 1360x768@ 59.80 - Full Screen (16) (weight: 0.196)

Or in other words - do you have a sample which is not 25 fps (50i) that produces this issue?
need to check, will get back to you asap
2nd video from XBMC: Test Your HTPC with High Bitrate Sample Videos

HD-DVD Demo Video
HD Quality: 1080p MKV
File Size: 278 MB
Frame Rate: 29.970 FPS
Average Bitrate: 17.5 Mbps
Duration: 2 minutes 1 second

kodi.log: http://xbmclogs.com/pqmddh9tu
(2015-08-18, 22:04)fritsch Wrote: Or in other words - do you have a sample which is not 25 fps (50i) that produces this issue?

hi fritsch, did you see anything special from my log with the 29.97fps movie?
when i put my pulse combined audio to hdmi only the problem seems gone as well. never had any issue before with combined sink in pre 15 versions.
issue still there in 15.1
I am aware of it. See the other thread in Linux forum, please. Give me until next week, on holidays currently.
it seems that I have the same issue: link Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Isengard intermittend no sound after fwd/rewind0