• 2(current)
Amber Skin for Kodi 15 Isengard
(2015-08-03, 01:18)fab42 Wrote: A visual nuisance I just discovered (actually using version 2.1.0 from Github):
Going to a Movie or Episode "Info" screen and then into the "Actors" section, when I highlight an actor's name his/her picture is properly showed but the name disappears because it's covered by a black/white image that I guess should be a transparent background but covers instead the actor's name.

i'll have a look

EDIT:
fixed and pushed to github
i have a small issue that i have reported to github also with visualization presets when playing music. The window comes up completly empty. I did try to change the VisualisationPresetList.xml with the one from github to test and after that i can see the presets but i cannot navigate (up.down.left,right do not work).

I have reported there all the thing that i found somehow relevant. If there is something more i can do from my side just tell me.

Once again thanks for your time for this amazing skin.
Nice to see Amber is still alive guys!Smile

I have some thoughts for visual improvements but I don't have time to pull it off ATM. I hope situation will change soon.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

it is already working for kodi15?
(2015-08-08, 10:42)blutstein Wrote: it is already working for kodi15?

yes it does. really the time this skin will stop working on kodi i will have a huge problem finding a skin that shows everything in a simple understandable way, without being heavy and clastered.

Nod
Works well on Kodi 15.0 from my Chromebox setup...Smile
It works but it's missing access to a lot of new features in Kodi 15, such as video nodes. Hence my request for their inclusion.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
well it does break kodi badly if you search for serbian subs.

something about sr.gif not found. And the funny thing is that if you install the normal way the folder with gif flags is missing completly.

Even trying with the version from github does the same.
Good morning

What changes would you make to this version of amber for the seekbar is active and can move back and forth with the mouse during video playback?

Thank you
All,

I have an issue when I go the the TV Guide, select a program, select record and confirm the record request. At that point a window pops up that would normally have timer options. However, when I use the Amber skin (my favorite by the way) the window shows 5 options, but no text. Actually the 3 bottom-most options show ?0? as text, but I'm not sure that counts. If I switch back to Confluence I see 6 options correctly displayed. Is there a fix for this that we know of?

EDIT--

In case anyone else is having this problem as well, this turned out to be an issue with the NextPVR addon. The RecordPrefs.xml needed to be modified to account for this addon. Thank goodness that this is all it was. I am now using my absolute favorite skin and it is working perfectly!
I am not sure if i should report this to github or not.

In the installable version through kodi there are some things missing that are there in github.
What is missing is the flag gif for the subtitles languages in skin.amber\media\flags.

More folders are missing in there but that is not my point. Even with those things missing when you browse for subtitles you see the flags. Maybe they are retrieved by somewhere from the kodi installation.

The problem comes when you try to see Serbian subtitle. The moment your screen shows the serbian language kodi will crash badly with an error cannot find sr.gif.

If you need logs i will happily provide them, after all its easy to replicate the problem.

The funny thing is even if i download all github and install it, even with the missing files there (i checked the sr.gif is indeed there), kodi will crash when a serbian language goes on screen.

Tested on raspberry pi, windows and mac installation.

Still haven't tested the changes you made to the visualization file, but i will tommorow and will report back.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort.
The new changes in github for visualization presets fixes the problem. I am able to see the presets normally and navigate up and down on them.

I do not know how to mark the issue in github as solved...... still looking for that.

The other problem with serbian subtitles and the missing sr.gif is still there. Kodi crashes the moment subtitles results return a serbian subtitle.
I'm looking at the flags issue, once this is fixed I will push Amber to the official Isengard repo.
(2015-08-13, 18:32)Jester Wrote: I'm looking at the flags issue, once this is fixed I will push Amber to the official Isengard repo.

Laugh

Once again thank for your time and effort sir. As i said best theme for me, has everything i need in place, gives me the abbility to tweak it as i like it, its not heavy for low powered equipment, it is very good looking and all the people i have installed it have an easy learn curve with it, so up to me there is nothing more to ask.
first isengard pull request to the official repo has been done, will update once its available.

UPDATE: v2.1.1 is now available on the official Isengard repo.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber Skin for Kodi 15 Isengard5