• 5(current)
Amber Skin for Kodi 15 Isengard
2.1.2 has been pushed to the official repo
(2015-08-20, 20:19)crogers1975 Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 16:47)ffratkin Wrote: All,

I have an issue when I go the the TV Guide, select a program, select record and confirm the record request. At that point a window pops up that would normally have timer options. However, when I use the Amber skin (my favorite by the way) the window shows 5 options, but no text. Actually the 3 bottom-most options show ?0? as text, but I'm not sure that counts. If I switch back to Confluence I see 6 options correctly displayed. Is there a fix for this that we know of?

EDIT--

In case anyone else is having this problem as well, this turned out to be an issue with the NextPVR addon. The RecordPrefs.xml needed to be modified to account for this addon. Thank goodness that this is all it was. I am now using my absolute favorite skin and it is working perfectly!

Could you please explain what edit you made to the file? I have the same issue and like you I love this theme and have spent hours customizing it.

I am running Kodi 15.1 with the DVBlink PVR addon. The same issue: no text in the options window. Could someone point me to the solution to this?

TIA,

Bart
Kodi 20.2 runs on a Celeron N5095 with 8 GB memory, Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
Windows 10 Pro x64 with all updates | Core i3 CPU, 16 GB memory
Um, guys? What happened to the GUI sounds? I had to load them manually from an old copy of Amber.
(2015-08-26, 03:10)Calum Wrote: Um, guys? What happened to the GUI sounds? I had to load them manually from an old copy of Amber.

per isengard requirements, skin sounds are now an add-on, you can find them under GUI sounds.

however, I will update the skin so that these are loaded automatically
(2015-08-26, 09:18)Jester Wrote:
(2015-08-26, 03:10)Calum Wrote: Um, guys? What happened to the GUI sounds? I had to load them manually from an old copy of Amber.

per isengard requirements, skin sounds are now an add-on, you can find them under GUI sounds.

however, I will update the skin so that these are loaded automatically

Thanks. I hadn't realized that.
Error with EPG/Guide - Live TV

When i go to select a show if it isnt a color coded genre there is no "selection box" to know what show i am on. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Amber have tried to find other skins similar with EPG that works properly, sadly nothing holds a candle to using amber/plexbmc and all the features within amber for custom home screen.

I do not know enough about kodi skin dependencies (i tried to just replace the view_pvr.xml with one from another skin EPIC FAIL)

If someone can point me in the right direction to edit the xml in the proper place i would be forever grateful. (well maybe not forever but quite happy)

To re state on the epg for all regular colored shows the background is black and when selecting it would seem the selection box is transparent. I would be more than happy to fix this myself if someone can point me to the right place in the code and suggest what to replace/edit.

Thanks

Chimpawoo
(2015-08-26, 21:47)chimpawoo Wrote: Error with EPG/Guide - Live TV

When i go to select a show if it isnt a color coded genre there is no "selection box" to know what show i am on. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Amber have tried to find other skins similar with EPG that works properly, sadly nothing holds a candle to using amber/plexbmc and all the features within amber for custom home screen.

I do not know enough about kodi skin dependencies (i tried to just replace the view_pvr.xml with one from another skin EPIC FAIL)

If someone can point me in the right direction to edit the xml in the proper place i would be forever grateful. (well maybe not forever but quite happy)

To re state on the epg for all regular colored shows the background is black and when selecting it would seem the selection box is transparent. I would be more than happy to fix this myself if someone can point me to the right place in the code and suggest what to replace/edit.

Thanks

Chimpawoo

I don't use PVR (for now) can you create a couple of screenshots of the issue ? then i'll add it on the to-do list
Sure what is the proper format for posting them? image link, direct link?

also should note my temporary fix to see what i am selecting via remote control i have changed the default colors specifically white2 to red so it goes from grey to red when hovering over show. cant seem to figure out how to either change the background of it or the highlight box color
http://i.imgur.com/r1z3y4V.png
http://i.imgur.com/bzBfTIy.png

as you can see there are also no breaks between time blocks/shows i would be happy to know how to change the background color to a slightly lighter color for the blocks (might fix the highlighting issue)

the first image shows a show highlighted in the green kids cartoons area and the 2nd is a show in the regular shows area

your help is much appreciated
(2015-08-26, 22:25)chimpawoo Wrote: http://i.imgur.com/r1z3y4V.png
http://i.imgur.com/bzBfTIy.png

as you can see there are also no breaks between time blocks/shows i would be happy to know how to change the background color to a slightly lighter color for the blocks (might fix the highlighting issue)

the first image shows a show highlighted in the green kids cartoons area and the 2nd is a show in the regular shows area

your help is much appreciated

its hard to for me to test without PVR, so i'm doing this blind, however try this (it might break, so take a backup of the file ;-)
edit ViewPVR.xml, goto line 350 and add
<bordertexture border="5">img/FrameSlim.png</bordertexture>
no noticeable change
(2015-08-26, 22:56)chimpawoo Wrote: no noticeable change

like it I said, fun doing it blind Tongue

remove it and add after line 342
LOL if i knew how to get you a duplicate of what im seeing i would im using server wmc and pvr wmc addon

EDIT: No change.
The "border" as it would seem you are having me edit is like non existant or "transparent" when over other shows that dont have a color coded genre blocks

I am a stay at home dad so i have all the time in the world to keep trying possible solutions. The limiting factor is your desire to keep trying Big Grin

also not concerned with "breaking" it ive already broke it a few times and removed the skin and re installed (was faster than undoing everything i did lol)
remove previous edit and try:

add after line 326

<control type="image" id="14">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>60</width>
<height>78</height>
<texture border="5">img/FrameSlim.png</texture>
</control>
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber Skin for Kodi 15 Isengard5