• 7(current)
Amber Skin for Kodi 15 Isengard
Mr Jester

I am a new member to this forum. I specifically joined this forum to learn more about Amber skin. Since you are the author, please tell me where i can find step by step instructions on how to use this skin. I want to use it on Android 15 version. I am trying to get the proper skin that is light and flexible. How will I get the latest version of Amber? Instructions please.

I have background in programming but I have moved on to information architecture and enterprise architecture. I have been working on the computers since 1965. But I have not learn OO programming or Android OS. So I have learn from scratch to properly ask questions.

The main reason I want to use Amber is to set up user friendly menus with appropriate images for a given menu or programming. For example I want Genesis to appear both in Movies and TV Shows. I want to be able to take a subset of an add-on and have it available in a submenu. Can this be done? If so an user manual for Amber will be a blessing.

Please advice. I want to learn Amber properly and be able to make it do what I want it to do.

Thank you for your help.

Bill
(2015-09-05, 19:20)psyc0ld Wrote:
(2015-09-05, 11:06)chronaden Wrote: I have a confirmed major bug with Amber skin on both Openelec and OSMC, a bug that forced me switch away from Amber I'm sad to say.

When ever I use a streaming addon, around 75% of the time only the audio loads, not the video. I use the TwitchTV addon a lot, and for some reason it happens a lot more with 1080p and 720p high quality streams, than the lower ones.

This is tested on both a pi1 and pi2 with both openelec and osmc, and all other skins I use don't have this bug.

You have to go back to the home screen and push back again. But yeah, a fix would be fantastic.

Can you post a debug log please ? this is a strange bug
That's been reported a few times in the Pi section if I remember well. I've seen it a few times myself, and coming out to the top level (without stopping the video) with the back button and then pressing back again can sometimes make the video itself appear.

I've also just up'd my GPU memory allocation on my Pi2 to 320MB and it seems to have resolved both that issue and the black background/image issue I was seeing. Looking on the web it seems that at least 256MB is recommended for the Pi2 and 320 for high-def users, so perhaps look at upping your GPU memory allocation and see if that helps to resolve it?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-09-19, 22:29)DarrenHill Wrote: That's been reported a few times in the Pi section if I remember well. I've seen it a few times myself, and coming out to the top level (without stopping the video) with the back button and then pressing back again can sometimes make the video itself appear.

I've also just up'd my GPU memory allocation on my Pi2 to 320MB and it seems to have resolved both that issue and the black background/image issue I was seeing. Looking on the web it seems that at least 256MB is recommended for the Pi2 and 320 for high-def users, so perhaps look at upping your GPU memory allocation and see if that helps to resolve it?

Interesting, i'll have a play (although this has nothing to do with the skin...)
Agreed, it's nothing to do with Amber. I just report it as I was having issues before, but since upping the GPU memory (and going back to full turbo boost, but I think that's irrelevant) I've had no issue at all and the Pi2 is running very sweetly. It's in marked contrast to before, where it was giving real issues. But I think those are due to having a Pi1 in my history, so even with a fresh install if I then use back-up to get my settings back my GPU memory was going to a 64MB default, which is useless for video playback.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-08-24, 12:54)BartZorn Wrote:
(2015-08-20, 20:19)crogers1975 Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 16:47)ffratkin Wrote: All,

I have an issue when I go the the TV Guide, select a program, select record and confirm the record request. At that point a window pops up that would normally have timer options. However, when I use the Amber skin (my favorite by the way) the window shows 5 options, but no text. Actually the 3 bottom-most options show ?0? as text, but I'm not sure that counts. If I switch back to Confluence I see 6 options correctly displayed. Is there a fix for this that we know of?

EDIT--

In case anyone else is having this problem as well, this turned out to be an issue with the NextPVR addon. The RecordPrefs.xml needed to be modified to account for this addon. Thank goodness that this is all it was. I am now using my absolute favorite skin and it is working perfectly!

Could you please explain what edit you made to the file? I have the same issue and like you I love this theme and have spent hours customizing it.

I am running Kodi 15.1 with the DVBlink PVR addon. The same issue: no text in the options window. Could someone point me to the solution to this?

TIA,

Bart

Sorry, I haven't been on the forum for a while so I did not see your posts. To answer, I had to modify the RecordPrefs.xml file to use the NextPVR add-on. The code for my RecordPrefs.xml is below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window>
<defaultcontrol always="true">21</defaultcontrol>
<include>OpenClose</include>
<controls>
<control type="image">
<posx>295</posx>
<posy>240</posy>
<width>1292</width>
<height>600</height>
<texture border="50">dialogs/SmartplaylistRule.png</texture>
</control>
<control type="group">
<posx>310</posx>
<posy>250</posy>
<control type="label" description="Heading">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>40</posy>
<width>1010</width>
<align>center</align>
<textcolor>Highlight</textcolor>
<label>$ADDON[pvr.nextpvr 30100]</label>
</control>
<control type="label" description="program title" id="20">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>90</posy>
<width>1010</width>
<align>center</align>
<font>Details</font>
</control>
<control type="group" id="9001">
<posy>90</posy>
<control type="spincontrolex" id="21" description="Episode rec">
<posy>90</posy>
<width>1010</width>
<onright>9000</onright>
<onup>27</onup>
<ondown>25</ondown>
<label>$ADDON[pvr.nextpvr 30120]</label>
</control>
<control type="spincontrolex" id="25" description="Series rec">
<posy>150</posy>
<width>1010</width>
<onright>9000</onright>
<onup>21</onup>
<ondown>26</ondown>
<label>$ADDON[pvr.nextpvr 30132]</label>
</control>
<control type="spincontrolex" id="26" description="Series runtype">
<posy>210</posy>
<width>1010</width>
<onright>9000</onright>
<onup>25</onup>
<ondown>23</ondown>
<label>$ADDON[pvr.nextpvr 30133]</label>
</control>
<control type="spincontrolex" id="23" description="Channel series choice">
<posy>270</posy>
<width>1010</width>
<onright>9000</onright>
<onup>26</onup>
<ondown>27</ondown>
<label>$ADDON[pvr.nextpvr 30130]</label>
</control>
<control type="spincontrolex" id="27" description="Airtime series choice">
<posy>330</posy>
<width>1010</width>
<onright>9000</onright>
<onup>23</onup>
<ondown>21</ondown>
<label>$ADDON[pvr.nextpvr 30134]</label>
</control>
</control>
<control type="group" id="9000">
<posx>1010</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<control type="button" id="1" description="OK">
<posy>180</posy>
<width>231</width>
<label>$LOCALIZE[186]</label>
<onup>2</onup>
<onleft>25</onleft>
<ondown>2</ondown>
</control>
<control type="button" id="2" description="Cancel">
<posy>240</posy>
<width>231</width>
<label>$LOCALIZE[222]</label>
<onup>1</onup>
<onleft>25</onleft>
<ondown>1</ondown>
</control>
</control>
</control>
</controls>
</window>
Wow!! Great work Jester!!!

Question; In the "Home Shelf" Is there a way to move the options. I would like to move add-ons to the end and favorites to the far left.

Can this be done and if so how?

Thank you for your work, you have done an amazing job.

Brett
For my Movies with DTS-HD Sound there is no Badge.
The Info from Kodi: D(Audio dts(DTS-HD HRA) 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 1536 kb/s)

Hello,
I am wondering how I can get to see all the "default" backgrounds for the different menus (Settings, TV Shows, etc) I can see each of them under Skin Settings, but in the main menus, all I get is the amber "bubbles" background. Default is selected for all menus, so shouldn't they be showing?

thanks
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
All my movies showing twice in the home screen window under movies tab, but when I click movies option and go into library all shows as single entities. How to fix the duplicate in home screen windows.
Also how can I see playing videos type, resolution details (h264, 1080p or 720p). U can see that in default Kodi skin when movie plays
Hello,
I've just switched from Quartz to Amber and I think it really worth it.

But I miss one very usefull function from Quartz that I would like to add to Amber, if it's not already done...

How could I have the "party mix" option in Music menu or in french "mix de soirée". It's a random playlist created automatically.

Do I have to play with Smart playlists ?

Thank you in advance !
Party Mode is already there, open Music, then left arrow to context menu, Party Mode. Library needs to be enabled
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
Thx for quick answer.
In fact I would like to add directly to main menu under music or into favorites, is it possible ? Yes it is a WAF problem...
What's new in the update?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber Skin for Kodi 15 Isengard5