Please help Kodi Questions
Hi,

Please forgive my complete and utter ignorance on Kodi. Here is what I know. I know I can get an Amazon Firestick and add Kodi onto it.

At that point, I'm terribly confused. What is Llama? What is an add on? What is silenceROM? What is Spartanbuild? Spartanwizard? So many more terms and I don't really understand what the hell all this is or means or what things I am and am not supposed to download.

Is there a tutorial somewhere that starts at the very beginning and explains all of this because I haven't found it if one exists.

Thank You!
I've never done this myself, but here's the wiki tutorial.
Ignore Llama and just use FireStarter as a replacement launcher. These are ways to make it easy to access Kodi from the Fire TV, and IMO FireStarter is the best.

Ignore silencerrom, spartanbuild, and spartanwizard. Those are preconfigured installs and/or setup tools, and most of them have bloat, break configurations, or pre-install piracy add-ons (which we will not help you with). It's almost always better to just install just the add-ons you want, and set things up as you like it. It might take longer, but you will have a more stable system with less headaches.

Add-ons are ways to expand Kodi. They can be anything, like GUI sounds, skins, home automation (dim the lights when a movie starts), simple games, and more. Normally people are talking about video add-ons, where the add-on gets lists of videos from the internet and displays then in Kodi to play. For example, YouTube, TED Talks, wildlife cams, local news, movie trailers, etc.

A lot of people assume Kodi is a way to get free movies and TV shows. It is not. Kodi does not provide any content and is just a video player. Third party add-ons exist that can do that, but they are just pulling from websites and servers that exist outside of Kodi, and we do not wish to be associated with the ones that are illegal or in a very legally gray area. A lot of groups and sellers try to market Kodi as a "free TV" solution, because this is very profitable for them, but that is not the main aim of Kodi. At the same time, we will not stop you from using such services if that is what you wish to do. You have that freedom with Kodi.

Just remember, we can't help you with the pirate/bootleg add-ons (see forum rules (wiki)).

If you are wondering what Kodi was origins,ly designed to do, check out http://kodi.tv/about and Kodi (wiki). The basic gist is that it organizes people's local (HDD, NAS, etc) media, such as DVD/BR rips, music, pictures, and even live TV recording from an antenna or subscribed service.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help Kodi Questions0