Can't install any addons
I'm a long time user and have never seen this before. I did a clean install of Windows 10 and installed Kodi. When I go to skins, there is no option to download any and if I go to addons and try to install from repo I get an error about unable to connect to network. What could possibly be the issue?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I am also having this same exact issue.
Looks like it was temporary because it is working now.
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Still not working. I re installed Kodi on my workstation and I get the "couldn't connect to network server" trying to install addons. I've never seen this error before. Why is it happening now?
Seems some are having luck with DirectX11 Kodi version.

Link to others, you are not alone. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233661
Still couldn't get addons. The "get more" button was totally missing from skins for instance. I installed the latest nightly and the re-installed stable and it works now. Go figure.
Here is how I solved it:
  1. Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Firewall
  2. Click allow an app or feature through the firewall on the left side
  3. Click the change settings on the top of the list
  4. scroll down to find kodi on the list, select it and hit change
  5. Mine had both Private and public checked - I unchecked private and saved and it works now
I've never had this problem before in the years I've used Kodi so I don't really think I needed to mess with Firewall settings. I gave a feeling whatever service that hosts addons was having difficulties because at one point I tried to download Kodi again and it said server wasn't found.
Welcome to Windows 10.
I have installed Kodi to my laptop windows 7. But I could not add any addons. when I am writing the link it says unable to connect to the network.
Can you please show me the solution to use Kodi?
Thanks,
(2015-08-05, 04:26)Ali Mohammad Wrote: I have installed Kodi to my laptop windows 7. But I could not add any addons. when I am writing the link it says unable to connect to the network.
Can you please show me the solution to use Kodi?
Thanks,

I have just installed Kodi for the first time today, and was having the same problem (Windows 7 FYI). I followed Banditt's directions above and it worked. The only difference is that my firewall had it set to just private, and not public. When I checked both public and private, it worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't install any addons0