Timeshift buffer has no limit. Implement a ring buffer.
(2017-01-13, 00:01)R3N3 Wrote: Mediaportal uses a function to create several small TS files
When it reaches the maximum specified size, it deletes the last ts file
See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2487280 second line.

(2017-01-13, 00:01)R3N3 Wrote: Could you please fix this for us.
So go ahead and fix it yourself.
(2017-01-13, 00:07)R3N3 Wrote: The live stream has 1.6 mb a second

1.6 MB x 60 seconds = 96 MB x 60 minute = 5.76 GB
4 hours Live tv on the day = 23 GB per day

Definitely not healthy for the SSD

I finally updated my ram drive to 16GB now! Took me some time as my htpc and all its cables is hard to get out to my tv cabinet.
Using ImDisk as it also allows for dynamical expansion of the ram disk.

For me the streams for certain channels are a bit worse; I get streams up to 18 Mbit which is 2,25 MB/sec... times 3600 makes 8,1GB/h.
A film takes about 2 hour so now I can finally fit it onto the Ramdisk!
My use case is I often pauze live tv (which with the new option lets the buffer grow) and after like 30min of doing something else I resume so I can get past all the commercial blocks.

I've looked into the problem as I wanted to learn to code just for this but can't do it with the amount of time I have, it would take many years.
Some people at IRC have looked at it in the Kodi channels with me and they say it's very possible but still not that easy, it will take time even for a seasoned coder.

So... if you want to get rid of the problem just buy some more memory for now and 16GB would do in most cases.
RAM makes sense if you do permanent timeshifting. If you just need it every now and then and do it in a triggered fashion (like the new "on pause" method which is supported as of 17.1), an USB flash pen drive does the job as well.
Well, I've actually tried 3 USB Kingston sticks... and due the data being written to it they died on m after +/- half a year of usage.
Ofc I had warranty but it wasn't the way I wanted to go forward so finally replaced them with extra memory.

The only thing I disagree with this being an enhancement; I think it's a straight bug.
The MediaPortal server doesn't have this issue but has other gremlins, just like any other backend unfortunately.
As far as I'm entitled to my own opinion I can really recommend going with a Ramdisk over an USB stick.
It always depends on the usage pattern. I typically record stuff onto my NAS and watch it whenever I feel in the mood. I use timeshifting only when I watch something worthwhile but get interrupted. So for me an USB pen drive is perfectly suited. Not so much for your usage pattern...
(2017-04-11, 14:52)CiNcH Wrote: It always depends on the usage pattern. I typically record stuff onto my NAS and watch it whenever I feel in the mood.

I record a lot to my nas as well and also did this previously to circumvent the buffer bug Smile.
But unfortunately this bug hasn't been fixed as well; https://github.com/manuelm/pvr.dvbviewer/issues/11
These are my #1 and #2 annoyances with this backend addon, everything else works perfectly for me.
On top of that, since Kodi 17.1 I haven't seen any crashes with PVR anymore either which makes for a really great way of replacing your isps STB.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timeshift buffer has no limit. Implement a ring buffer.0