Win Windows 10 video in Kodi not working
Hi,
I just installed windows 10 Pro on two machines. Kodi is working on one computer. But on the other one it is not.
It crashes when starting a video. For a brief 20seconds audio can be heard but no video. after 20 secs or so the program crashes.

Tried other versions of Kodi (14.2 and 15) both with the same result.
Also tried different video's/formats. Tried installing other gfx driver. Windows 10 won't let me. Catalyst drivers fail to install Sad Even without enforcement of drivers signatures...

Log is here: http://xbmclogs.com/p6ede0gnb

AMD A8-3870K
ASRock AMD A75 A75 PRO4-M
Windows 10 Pro
GFX: Integrated AMD Radeon HD6550D

Any tips what I could do?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Found this in the Log. Still don't know what to do about it....

21:43:35 T:5652 ERROR: DXVA - failed executing m_service->CreateVideoProcessor(m_device, &m_desc, rtFormat, 0, &m_process) at line 469 with error 8007000e
21:43:35 T:5652 NOTICE: D3D: unable to open DXVA processor

edit2: well. I guess it's driver related. Turned of DVXA2 Hardware processing in de system-video-acceleration tab
Video's play, but don't have hardware accel. Guess I have to wait for an AMD update
official Windows 10 driver (64-Bit):

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/de...ws+10+-+64
HTPC: MS-Tech CI-70, ASRock H61M-ITX, Intel G630T, 4GB RAM, 60GB SSD, Win10 x64
I have the same issue with my machine. I'm also rocking an AMD APU. I've tried the Win10 drivers, but no luck. I'll probably have to downgrade to an earlier version of the driver.

EDIT: Thanks for the temporary workaround.
If you add Kodi 15 to your Windows 10 system you are likely to experience total lockup when you try to show a movie or tv show. You hear the audio, but there is no video and you are totally locked up. If this happens to you, use the control, alt delete to get out of the lockup or reload Kodi 15. Then go to System, Video and deselect the "Allow Hardware Acceleration - DXVA2." This was my FIX for this problem. Good luck.

clay
On win10 I suggest to use DIrectX 11 version
(2015-07-31, 20:51)afedchin Wrote: On win10 I suggest to use DIrectX 11 version

The version I have on my Windows 10 Laptop is DirectX 11.1 and it doesn't appear to be compatible with Kodi-15.
thanks clayw1pi, completely fixed my issue, running Windows 10 on acer revo RL 70 with amd e-450 apu with radeon hd graphics.
(2015-07-31, 19:41)clayw1pi Wrote: If you add Kodi 15 to your Windows 10 system you are likely to experience total lockup when you try to show a movie or tv show. You hear the audio, but there is no video and you are totally locked up. If this happens to you, use the control, alt delete to get out of the lockup or reload Kodi 15. Then go to System, Video and deselect the "Allow Hardware Acceleration - DXVA2." This was my FIX for this problem. Good luck.

clay

Thank you! It took a minute to understand that you meant Kodi settings not Windows Smile Your tip completely fixed our issue Smile
Somehow I can't find DXVA2 settings anymore in Settings->System->Video.
It was for sure when Windows version was 8 or 8.1. But not know.

I reinstalled AMD drivers several times - no success.
I donwngraded KODI to 14.2 and still no DXVA settings in KODI system settings.

Any ideas?
bat0nas
HW:
Raspberry Pi 4 4GB + Denon AVR-1912
SW: Raspbian + Kodi
       (always latest version and up to date)
Have you configured Settings Level to Advanced
(2015-08-09, 09:25)jjd-uk Wrote: Have you configured Settings Level to Advanced
Yes.
Still no dxva option. Even in Expert Mode.

Found a solution in AMD forum to downgrade catalyst drivers to 15.6 beta. Now everything's ok.
bat0nas
HW:
Raspberry Pi 4 4GB + Denon AVR-1912
SW: Raspbian + Kodi
       (always latest version and up to date)
I think we should popup a warning message when kodi is run on AMD gpu drivers ... unbelievable the amount of errors "updated" AMD drivers have introduced within the last 4 weeks ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Here is the fix.
Got it from -> https://community.amd.com/thread/184785

You must uninstall your AMD drivers, and it's programs.

Unzip [Guru3D.com]-DDU and run the cleaner program to clean all the AMD stuff from your computer.
It will reboot to safe mode to delete everything.
Reboot
Run [Guru3D]-AMD-Catalyst-15.4Beta-64Bit-Win8.1-Apr9.exe
This an old Windows 8.1 beta driver and seems to work much better than the v15.7 package.
Edit, it would be better just to load the AMD graphics driver only. Other it will update on every reboot.

Enable DVXA2 acceleration. Now every video plays correctly. BTW I'm still running the DirectX beta as suggested.
I seem to still have file sharing problems with my remote thumbnalis from my server on startup only.
Edit looks like thumbnails are just slow to update on startup.

Here is a dropbox link to the 2 files you need, to save you time looking for them.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/brf6wpapy90w3...d6EUa?dl=0

You must delete amd catalyst control center and revert the AMD graphics card to v14.5, v15.2 doesn't work.
amd catalyst control center does you a favor and updates your driver to v15.2 after a reboot Sad
Found out the hard way.
(2015-07-31, 19:41)clayw1pi Wrote: If you add Kodi 15 to your Windows 10 system you are likely to experience total lockup when you try to show a movie or tv show. You hear the audio, but there is no video and you are totally locked up. If this happens to you, use the control, alt delete to get out of the lockup or reload Kodi 15. Then go to System, Video and deselect the "Allow Hardware Acceleration - DXVA2." This was my FIX for this problem. Good luck.

clay

Thanks.

I had that problem and it's solved now.
This worked great! No need to deactivate HW acceleration.
I'm using AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD 6550D on Windows 10.

(2015-08-09, 20:11)Laserray Wrote: Here is the fix.
Got it from -> https://community.amd.com/thread/184785

You must uninstall your AMD drivers, and it's programs.

Unzip [Guru3D.com]-DDU and run the cleaner program to clean all the AMD stuff from your computer.
It will reboot to safe mode to delete everything.
Reboot
Run [Guru3D]-AMD-Catalyst-15.4Beta-64Bit-Win8.1-Apr9.exe
This an old Windows 8.1 beta driver and seems to work much better than the v15.7 package.
Edit, it would be better just to load the AMD graphics driver only. Other it will update on every reboot.

Enable DVXA2 acceleration. Now every video plays correctly. BTW I'm still running the DirectX beta as suggested.
I seem to still have file sharing problems with my remote thumbnalis from my server on startup only.
Edit looks like thumbnails are just slow to update on startup.

Here is a dropbox link to the 2 files you need, to save you time looking for them.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/brf6wpapy90w3...d6EUa?dl=0

You must delete amd catalyst control center and revert the AMD graphics card to v14.5, v15.2 doesn't work.
amd catalyst control center does you a favor and updates your driver to v15.2 after a reboot Sad
Found out the hard way.
------------------------------------------------
-AMD A8-3870k APU @ 3.0GHz - Quad w. Radeon 6550D
-8Gb OCZ Vengeance 1866 MHz DDR3
-OCZ Agility 3 SSD - 90Gb
-Antec Remote Black +2x Akasa Apache Black @ 10dba
-Windows 8 x64 w/XBMC monthly/beta & MySQL
-OUYA
-Onkyo TX-NR609 AV Reciever

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 video in Kodi not working2