Isengard: slider not working in OSD
Hi all,
I think I came across a very small bug in Isengard...
I got an issue report on my skin's thread that the slider on the OSD isn't working anymore since Isengard.

Just tried and indeed it isn't working anymore. Also tried Confluence.
What I mean is the small slider on the OSD progressbar to drag to a specific point in time.

Maybe the ID was changed in the code but forgot to notice the skinners about it ?

Also another interesting one I just discovered: If DialogFullScreenInfo is active, you can not use any buttons on the keyboard/remote any longer, for example for skip steps or enter/ok to open the OSD. This has always been working on pre Isengard. Note that this is actually working on Confluence so I guess something has changed in this area and I just missed the info about it ;-) Shall I reverse-engineer confluence myself to try to figure out the problem or does anyone has a clue from the top of his head ?

Thanks as always!
That should be already fixed in master. Could you give it a try using a recent nightly build?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-08-01, 13:53)mkortstiege Wrote: That should be already fixed in master. Could you give it a try using a recent nightly build?

Wow, you guys are on a "code killing spree" :-)

I just tested with latest nightly and it's not yet resolved. This is the build just tried:
KodiSetup-20150731-a75d942-master.exe
I am able to reproduce in Confluence. Drag to seek it non working while click to seek works. Will check.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-08-01, 13:38)marcelveldt Wrote: Also another interesting one I just discovered: If DialogFullScreenInfo is active, you can not use any buttons on the keyboard/remote any longer, for example for skip steps or enter/ok to open the OSD. This has always been working on pre Isengard. Note that this is actually working on Confluence so I guess something has changed in this area and I just missed the info about it ;-) Shall I reverse-engineer confluence myself to try to figure out the problem or does anyone has a clue from the top of his head ?

Just guessing here, but this might be z-order related.

EDIT: nvm, that's only rendering.
(2015-08-01, 14:45)mkortstiege Wrote: Just guessing here, but this might be z-order related.

Just tried that without any result. BTW I just found out that confluence doesn't have a DialogFullScreenInfo.xml (and includes the info stuff straight into videofullscreen.xml) so I guess that's the reason it works in Confluence.
Is this considered a bug or should I also place the OSD-info contents in videofullscreen.xml?

Just tried a few other skins and they're all having the same issue....
Do you mean all remote / keyboard actions don't respond in KODI for VideoFullScreenInfo.xml ? Because works fine in my dev. Which skin is this relative to ?
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Yep, that's what I mean. I tried Titan, Mimic and Arctic. When the infoscreen is open, the actions won't work. Was working in Helix, not in Isengard.
Can't give it a shot right now but just thinking about the controls placed in the OSDSeebar.xml and DialogFullScreenInfo showing over it, so you loose the built in control action. Just a thought.

The change in DialogFullScreenInfo is intentional. It is now treated as a regular dialog instead of extention of videofullscreen. If you want that functionality back, put the code in videofullscreen with visible on Player.ShowInfo.

EDIT: Found the PR
(2015-08-01, 18:01)BigNoid Wrote: The change in DialogFullScreenInfo is intentional. It is now treated as a regular dialog instead of extention of videofullscreen. If you want that functionality back, put the code in videofullscreen with visible on Player.ShowInfo.

So that's why it works for me, I display the info in DialogFullScreenInfo.xml and rebuilt dummy controls with senclicks to the window containing the OSD. But navigation in DialogFullScreenInfo.xml works, just you now you loose focus.

(2015-08-01, 18:01)BigNoid Wrote: The change in DialogFullScreenInfo is intentional. It is now treated as a regular dialog instead of extention of videofullscreen. If you want that functionality back, put the code in videofullscreen with visible on Player.ShowInfo.

Thanks for this info! I will adjust my skin to include the info on the fullscreenvideo window itself or maybe I'll add in a fake button just like Jayz2K did. Can this info be shared on the thread regarding the skinning changes for Isengard please because it involves a lot of skins around here...
marcelveldt, mind filing a bug ticket so we don't forget about the drag to seek issue?
(2015-08-02, 16:26)mkortstiege Wrote: marcelveldt, mind filing a bug ticket so we don't forget about the drag to seek issue?

Will do, tnx!
The bug ticket: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16178#ticket

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Isengard: slider not working in OSD0