OS X Automatically map network drive when disconnected
Hi everyone, I have been searching and googling and I have finally given up and seeing if I can find some help in the community. I am currently using an old macbook pro for Kodi. The macbook connects to my Synology NAS and while it's on everything runs smoothly. My issue is that when the macbook goes to sleep and I wake it I lose my network drive and have to remote to the macbook, re-mount the drive, and then it is back to the way it should be. What I would like to know is how can I lock the mount so it doesn't disappear even if it is inaccessible at that particular time OR have some program constantly checking to see if the mount is there and if not to keep trying to connect to it.
I tried asking in the Apple community but have not heard anything back so was hoping someone here had a solution for it.
Use Kodi to connect directly to the NAS using NFS or SMB, rather than having OS X handle the connection as an OS mount. Kodi will then deal with reconnecting automatically.
Can you tell me how do I get Kodi to connect directly to the NAS using NFS?
Actually nevermind, I figured it out and just tested it and looks like it's working beautifully. FINALLY got past mac's shortcomings! Thanks Ned!
Have you tried opening up OSX finder and dragging the mounted drive in question or the folder you want to access on the mounted drive into the OSX Finder sidebar (on the left) ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatically map network drive when disconnected0