No guide data available / channel content is protected for channel 1 only
Both the channel list and the EPG time line display No guide data available for channel 1 only (Kodi channel 1, the first channel) . All other channels work just fine. Whrn I try to select that channel I get "Channel content is protected" and the channel does not play.

That same channel displays the guide and plays fine in WMC.

This was occurring before and after the recent ServerWMC upgrade. It seemed to start to occur with Microsoft's switch to the new scheduling provider which I reran the signal setup.

I rebooted my PC, restarted the server etc. No help.
Maybe try resetting the kodi epg database? If that doesn't work, post the serverwmc log after starting kodi and after it downloads epg data.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I am not exactly sure which one did it but:

Had duplicate 2.1 channels. One of them was a Drama internet channel. I disabled it.

I hide DRM channels in the server.

Reset everything.

Now it works.

Thanks
I just wanted to thank spinnaker for posting your solution! I was having the same issue, a "protected channel" in Kodi, when the server reported no DRM/encrypted channelsnand had full guide data inside WMC. I also had "internet channels" that shared call signs, and selecting "hide DRM" solved the issue for me. I think this is a result of the new guide data provider that WMC recently switched to.
Same problem on chan. 1. I checked server wmc and hide drm is already checked. I manually started recording from the server machine on that channel, no problem with that, but ti says "drama/2.1" next to the recording status. So it's correct that these internet channels are somehow listed. I don't use those, so I wonder how come they are in the list.

When you say you reset everything, what do you mean?
Oh mistake--It's actually channel 2 for me, blank program guide and will not play. Says protected content. It's CBS (OTA--NYC).
check the sources in WMC and make sure you dont have any weird ones at the bottom of the list that are enabled. WMC uses sources from the top of the list while we with ServeWMC take from the bottom first (to avoid conflicts with WMC) which is why if the end channel sources arent set totally correctly things can look ok in WMC but have issues in ServerWMC
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Ah right you are--at the bottom of the list in windows media center settings> tv>guide>edit channels, on page 818 or something, I did have internet channels enabled. Thanks much and sorry for delay, thought I was subscribed to this thread.
Hello.

I am having the same issue with one specific channel "CBS". I have service with Comcast and initially I thought Comcast had flagged this CBS as protected. However, I have checked the WTV recording and it is not protected. I have tried editing the sources as well with no solutions. I then added an OTA antenna and thought that would work. However, Kodi is still flagging the OTA "CBS" channel and the Comcast "CBS" channel as protected and won't load. I am however able to tune in the SD "CBS" channel from comcast.

I have tried clearing out the EPG data and restarted the program with no solutions. Below is the debug log from ServerWMC. Can some one provide some guidance as to how I can fix this on the Client side? Also, the Kodi on the server computer has the same problem.

I hope this makes sense.

Debug log from ServerWMC http://pastebin.com/5GiUrpYV
(2016-12-18, 22:52)taichimaster Wrote: Hello.

I am having the same issue with one specific channel "CBS". I have service with Comcast and initially I thought Comcast had flagged this CBS as protected. However, I have checked the WTV recording and it is not protected. I have tried editing the sources as well with no solutions. I then added an OTA antenna and thought that would work. However, Kodi is still flagging the OTA "CBS" channel and the Comcast "CBS" channel as protected and won't load. I am however able to tune in the SD "CBS" channel from comcast.

I have tried clearing out the EPG data and restarted the program with no solutions. Below is the debug log from ServerWMC. Can some one provide some guidance as to how I can fix this on the Client side? Also, the Kodi on the server computer has the same problem.

I hope this makes sense.

Debug log from ServerWMC http://pastebin.com/5GiUrpYV
Thank you. Issue has been solved. There were conflicts inside Kodi with internet channels.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No guide data available / channel content is protected for channel 1 only0