Donor guide info?
Hi all,
I am just now trying out PseudoTV Live. Really looks interesting. I have donated via Paypal on http://pseudotvlive.com/ but I haven't received a donor username and password. I have sent an email to the donation coordinator email listed on the Paypal payment page. I tried to send a PM to Lunatixz here, but I don't seem to have permission to PM.

Can someone help me understand how to get the donor features?

Thanks, Jereme
What does one get for donating? What features are unlocked?
I asked the same question when he asked for including pseudotv to repo and all I got was a vague answer and that two mods got access and they knew.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I am not really sure exactly what you get. The only thing that I see is that USTVNOW channels have not description. They just say that the guide info is for donors only.

I couldn't find any real info on how to donate or what you get, but I figured I would donate a small amount to see if I could figure it out.
(2015-08-02, 12:54)Martijn Wrote: I asked the same question when he asked for including pseudotv to repo and all I got was a vague answer and that two mods got access and they knew.
When did this conversation happen? I've spent the last two weeks trying to have a conversation with you... Not one question was asked by you! Really surprised to find this post, so I guess you've ignored everything I tried to tell you via email?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
and i clearly said you should not have that conversation with me alone.

Quote:That's a decision i'm not gonna take on my own. Though i can already give a little indication that the "sponsored" features are not gonna be taken well in the decision.
Please send an initial request so the mailing list.
Quote:As i said, send request to the mailing list and we will consider the request.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi Lunatixz,
Could you answer my question? I really like what you have done with PsuedoTV Live. I just need help understanding how to become a donor. I made a contribution on the website. I have signed up for an account on the website. I have emailed the "contribution manager" on the Paypal page.

I understand that you may have a disagreement with someone else on this thread. However, no one has answered my question.

Thanks, Jereme
(2015-08-02, 12:51)Ned Scott Wrote: What does one get for donating? What features are unlocked?

PseudoTV Live works 100% with or without donation, donations just "unlocks" ease of use features that help configure channels...

for example, BCT's (Bumpers, Commercials and Trailers) + Ratings Videos, I provide automatic setup and legal content without users needing to locate, download or provide data of their own.

I'd like to expand into providing legal metadata, to which I tried to have a conversation with Martijn, but was told that till I submit PseudoTV Live for repo review... he wouldn't answer questions.

My questions that went unanswered; questions were asked in a conversational fashion but boiled down too...
  • Am I allowed to provide a meta service for users for a small fee? and if not I stated I would abandon the idea.

Is providing a service with donation okay? as a crowdfunding effort to obtain licensed services with meta providers? or provide a service for a small fee (A legal service that includes licensed material)?

Anything the team disagreed with would be happily removed, and that I respect the opinions of Team Kodi.

I offer 100% transparency, so any questions, any requests would be admittedly handled....
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but all the Donor features are mentioned in the first post in the main thread and in the changelog.

From the first post
Quote:
  • Find Plugin Channels - Channels parsed from either a "Community" list of plugin configurations or a "Private" Donor list.

• Find Playon Channels - Channels parsed from either a "Community" list of plugin configurations or a "Private" Donor list.

• Find Random Internet Channels - Channels parsed from either a "Community" list of Internet Feeds or a "Private" Donor list. (Not available @kodi.tv)

• Internet (Donor Exclusive) [commericals] , Parses various website for commercials filtered by region and resolution. Configure: (Region, All), select preferred resolution.
    Available regions include.

• Internet (Donor Exclusive) [trailers] , Parses various website for trailers filtered by resolution.

An actual separate list with them would probably be a smart idea, but if you read the first page and understand the plugin, you know what you are getting. It should also be noted that these exclusive features are simply time savers. They are aren't anything you couldn't accomplish without donating.

Sorry if I'm completely missing the point.
(2015-08-02, 17:07)truConman Wrote: Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but all the Donor features are mentioned in the first post in the main thread and in the changelog.

From the first post
Quote:
  • Find Plugin Channels - Channels parsed from either a "Community" list of plugin configurations or a "Private" Donor list.

• Find Playon Channels - Channels parsed from either a "Community" list of plugin configurations or a "Private" Donor list.

• Find Random Internet Channels - Channels parsed from either a "Community" list of Internet Feeds or a "Private" Donor list. (Not available @kodi.tv)

• Internet (Donor Exclusive) [commericals] , Parses various website for commercials filtered by region and resolution. Configure: (Region, All), select preferred resolution.
    Available regions include.

• Internet (Donor Exclusive) [trailers] , Parses various website for trailers filtered by resolution.

An actual separate list with them would probably be a smart idea, but if you read the first page and understand the plugin, you know what you are getting. It should also be noted that these exclusive features are simply time savers. They are aren't anything you couldn't accomplish without donating.

Sorry if I'm completely missing the point.

Donor lists concept which was an "Offline" community list... that I maintained, was an effort to keep lists clean and legal... the "Open" community list concept fails because almost all users post illegal stuff, lol
Thanks for the additional info. So as for the message on USTNOW channels that says the ptvguide info is only available to Donors? Do I just need to enable the Donor features? It seems to be asking for a username and password in the settings where I enable Donor features.

Still a little confused.

Thanks, Jereme

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Donor guide info?0