v15 Failed to Start Commoncache - Bug?
(2015-08-13, 19:10)Ned Scott Wrote: Kodi running on a different device should not cause an issue.

Then what is causing the issue and what do I do? Seems like we're going round in circles lol. Confused
Not sure. I'm assuming there is a way to list all the processes running on Android, to help find what is causing the conflict.
Just wanted to update this thread. It appears that I no longer get this message (along with 'Failed to Start Remote Communication Server) after rebooting my box.

Hopefully this issue doesn't return....
I finally got it to stop...

Settings>My add-ons>Services>Common plugin cache>Configure..turn off Autostart with XBMC. Restart Kodi and that error should be gone. I assume it will still utilize Commoncache plugin but it won't autostart with Kodi anymore.

Hope this helps!
I usually get this error when I change builds. What always works for me is to force close Kodi, then go into ".kodi > addons" and delete the script.common.plugin.cache folder. I don't know if it does any harm to delete this, but this has worked 100% without fail. As soon as you go back into KODI and reinstall it, the error re-appears.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can share a better fix?
I ran into this error and it turned out that another program on my computer was using the same port that the Common Cache plugin was trying to use. Going to the settings that Apollo said showed my plugin was using port 59994. I checked for other programs using this port by running netstat -ano | findstr 59994 and then looked in Task Manager for the process ID (the last number). In my case it was the Crash Plan Service.

This also explains why restarting your computer might help, since programs often choose random ports. It's really too bad that Common Cache doesn't do this.

I'm not sure of a good way to prevent this other than trying to use a different port for Common Cache. Anything bigger than about 10,000 and smaller than 65,000 would work, but you can still have conflicts even if you change it. I randomly picked 38812 since ports over about 49,000 are used for private dynamic use and Crash Plan seems to always open a dozen ports in the high 59,000 range.
(2016-01-17, 02:11)nmb3000 Wrote: I ran into this error and it turned out that another program on my computer was using the same port that the Common Cache plugin was trying to use. Going to the settings that Apollo said showed my plugin was using port 59994. I checked for other programs using this port by running netstat -ano | findstr 59994 and then looked in Task Manager for the process ID (the last number). In my case it was the Crash Plan Service.

This also explains why restarting your computer might help, since programs often choose random ports. It's really too bad that Common Cache doesn't do this.

I'm not sure of a good way to prevent this other than trying to use a different port for Common Cache. Anything bigger than about 10,000 and smaller than 65,000 would work, but you can still have conflicts even if you change it. I randomly picked 38812 since ports over about 49,000 are used for private dynamic use and Crash Plan seems to always open a dozen ports in the high 59,000 range.

This bug was driving me crazy and suprised it was CrashPlan, this fixes it thanks man!

1. Quote:Never encountered such a problem !! :

New android box MX10 just arrived and I can install addons BUT UK**** installs but doesn't work for me - while i'm installing it gives me an error: Failed to start common cache.

I tried different Kodi versions from 17.1 to 17.6 but nothing!
    I tried Ebmc 4,4 and also Spmc but nothing!
    Am thinking of trying Kodi 16.1 and see what happens.

UK**** just doesn't want to open and work!

Can anyone help me please?
Solved this by installing urlresolver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Failed to Start Commoncache - Bug?0