v15 Failed to Start Commoncache - Bug?
Question 
Hi,

Since updating to Kodi 15 Isengard, I keep on getting the notifcation: "Error" - "Failed to start commoncache. Check log." every time I start up Kodi.

I'm not sure if this is related to the commoncache.db file in the temp folder, but I deleted that anyway just in case it had something to do with it, but that didn't seem to fix it.

I've attached a copy of my log and would appreciate if someone can have a look and tell me what's up:

http://pastebin.com/yHj9K5GA

I'm running Kodi 15 on the Amazon Fire TV. I'm guessing this could be a bug on Android devices? And is anyone else getting the same error on startup?

Thanks!
I don't know if this is of any assistance but I get the same message under a single specific circumstance.

That is when I have, for example, Kodi open and then open SPMC, or, of course, vice versa.

If one or the other is closed then the message does not appear.
(2015-08-02, 18:48)JNRW Wrote: I don't know if this is of any assistance but I get the same message under a single specific circumstance.

That is when I have, for example, Kodi open and then open SPMC, or, of course, vice versa.

If one or the other is closed then the message does not appear.

Hmm, I don't seem to get it under these instances, for me it happens every time Kodi boots up.
Getting exactly the same, everything seems to run fine but its very annoying. . anyone got any idea how to fix it??

Google finds lots of people talking about it but no solutions??
(2015-08-05, 22:17)craigfoot78 Wrote: Getting exactly the same, everything seems to run fine but its very annoying. . anyone got any idea how to fix it??

Google finds lots of people talking about it but no solutions??

Still no fixes for me after a few days. I think it may have to do with the addon: script.common.plugin.cache - the addon needs an update, but I can't confirm for sure.

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks.
I wish I had a suggestion, as I've seen this myself from time to time, but I can't remember how I fixed it. Possibly just a reinstall of the Commoncache add-on, which is tricky because to uninstall it you have to also uninstall any add-on that depends on it first.
It's a clash of two programs opening sockets at the same port. Reinstall will not help at all
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ah, there ya go.

@Hustler1337 Can you post another log with debugging turned on? See Log file/Easy (wiki).
(2015-08-07, 01:06)Martijn Wrote: It's a clash of two programs opening sockets at the same port. Reinstall will not help at all

(2015-08-07, 01:18)Ned Scott Wrote: Ah, there ya go.

@Hustler1337 Can you post another log with debugging turned on? See Log file/Easy (wiki).

Thanks guys, here's the log with debugging enabled: http://pastebin.com/G1QajrSG

I think the problem starts at around line 652.

Would appreciate your help Smile
Can anyone have a look for me? Still got this issue, would appreciate it.

Thanks!
My money is on there being some other instance of Kodi open. Are you sure there is only one instance running?
(2015-08-13, 12:13)Ned Scott Wrote: My money is on there being some other instance of Kodi open. Are you sure there is only one instance running?

Ditto, as I said in the second post.
(2015-08-13, 12:13)Ned Scott Wrote: My money is on there being some other instance of Kodi open. Are you sure there is only one instance running?

(2015-08-13, 13:22)JNRW Wrote:

Ditto, as I said in the second post.

Well, there is Kodi running in another room in the house on the same network. I thought that shouldn't cause problems as they're different IP addresses and have their own ports?

Any advice on what I can do other than prevent others in the house from using Kodi? Specifically, where can I change the ports and what 'ports' or 'sockets' are being referred to?

Thanks Wink
Regrettably that is beyond my area of knowledge.

Looks like you have identified the offending circumstance and good luck with the solution.
Kodi running on a different device should not cause an issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Failed to Start Commoncache - Bug?0