v15 why are v15 add-ons getting 404 errors on gotham/helix paths?
I just installed Kodi 15.0 RC-2 (Git:0aa930b) with/from openelec 5.95.3 on a RaspberryPi 2, all downloaded together from the openelec download page and installed on a freshly formatted card so there's no chance that I had anything old sticking around.

When I try to install various add-ons (in particular video add-ons such as ESPN3), I get failures to install the add-on. When I look in the Kodi logs, I see 404 errors from curl trying to retrieve various files with gotham paths or helix paths. For example:
Code:
13:36:23 106.153267 T:1814246464   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/helix/plugin.video.espn_3/plugin.video.espn_3-1.2.3.zip
13:36:23 106.154190 T:1814246464   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[plugin.video.espn_3]: failed to download special://home/addons/packages/plugin.video.espn_3-1.2.3.zip
13:36:24 107.235413 T:1624241216   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/plugin.video.itunes_trailers/icon.png
13:36:25 107.719376 T:1624241216   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/helix/plugin.video.ardmediathek_de/icon.png

What is causing this, and what if anything can I do about it?

Could this be happening simply because Isengard add-ons have not been fully updated and there isn't yet an updated repository with the video add-ons that I've been trying to install?

Thanks in advance.
No, it's a problem with the Kodi mirrors - there's nothing you can do, you'll just have to wait until the mirror server(s) are fixed (may need to be re-synced).

Moving to more appropriate forum.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
It seems to be an intermittent problem on our new mirror redirector where it suddenly 'forgets' that a file is mirrored.
The problem corrects itself after some time, but then reoccurs later.

We are looking at it but haven't been able to find a cause yet.

ps. the fact that you see gotham and helix filepaths is normal. In order to avoid duplication of all addons on all of our servers we are actually using three repositories for isengard. Add-ons which work in gotham, helix ánd isengard don't have to be copied but can simply be updated once.
If someone is experiencing this issue, I'd like to have the filepath of one of the files giving a 404.
Ideally I need to check the database while it is still happening.

Feel free to response here, I get a notification when someone does.
Kib

I'm having problems with this filepath:

20:40:03 T:17260 &nbsp; ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://s4.allserials.tv/s/d07d93b4c231bc...3/Muhtesem Yuzyil.s03e69.flv</div></li>

If you come up with anything let me know. Thanks
We don't know that file so we cannot help
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I was asking for filepaths from our mirrors at mirrors.xbmc.org / mirrors.kodi.tv when installing add-ons from our repository, not some stuff from a random site you are trying to download.
Sorry - I'm copmpletely new to Kodi and its workings. Do you have any idea why a "random site" would give that error - on my PC Windows 10, but not my Firestick (running older XBMC) (I'm about to update that with new "Kodi" but am unsure of this issue.)

If this is the wrong place to ask, sorry.

Also, so far have had no problems with "mirrors" and add-on's.

Thanks
(2015-08-12, 14:38)AFTerry Wrote: If this is the wrong place to ask, sorry.

Also, so far have had no problems with "mirrors" and add-on's.

Thanks

Yes, it's the wrong place to ask. If mirrors are working but some "random site" is not, then chances are the problem is with the "random site" and you need to ask the "random site" administrator for assistance. If you're using an add-on to access "random site" then try contacting the add-on author for help.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-12, 12:31)Kib Wrote: I was asking for filepaths from our mirrors at mirrors.xbmc.org / mirrors.kodi.tv when installing add-ons from our repository, not some stuff from a random site you are trying to download.

Plus, that is probably some illegal russian streaming website (allserials.tv) which you are refering to, AFTerry.

(2015-08-12, 06:15)AFTerry Wrote: I'm having problems with this filepath:
20:40:03 T:17260 &nbsp; ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://s4.allserials.tv/s/d07d93b4c231bc...3/Muhtesem Yuzyil.s03e69.flv</div></li>

You may want to look at the Kodi privacy rules ... sorry for being that "smart ass". Wink
Yeah I noticed that as well, but let it slide Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
why are v15 add-ons getting 404 errors on gotham/helix paths?0