List View Thumbnails
I use advanced launcher for all of my games, both PC and ROMs and I can only use list view which is fine,however, the image to the right when an object is selected is being set to stretch the source image by width only. This results in unwanted cropping. Is there an easy way to edit the skin to force it to either use the unaltered aspect ratio or to use a "stretch" setting so it just auto stretches to BOTH height and width?
I just pushed an update to github that I hope will fix this. Haven't tested it though, as I use Rom Collection Browser. Note that you will need the latest Isengard nightly to use the Mimic version that is on github.

If you don't want to update Kodi, take a look at the specific changes below and make them to your View_50_List.xml.

https://github.com/bryanbrazil/skin.mimi...40fedfd73d
I manually edited the file and no luck. I then just grabbed the entire View_50_List.xml file from Git and replaced mine but still no change.

I appreciate the work but everything does still show up as an even square with the edges chopped off of whichever side is longer than the other.

So DVD style covers have the top and bottom chopped off and SNES cartridges chops off the left/right.

Just to be clear, this is the thumbnail displayed in the upper right corner when you are in a list view.
I went and just did a full re-install of the skin to check and although lots of other things now look different like the menu bar doesn't scroll until you hit the side of the screen instead of staying centered(intentional change?) the thumbnails do still look the same.

Honestly I can live with it as I do not access my emulators that often.

Oh, Also, my "recent movie" and "New TV" playlist widgets now auto scroll by 1 items every 5 seconds or so. is this supposed to do that?
(2015-08-14, 01:38)dcquence Wrote: I went and just did a full re-install of the skin to check and although lots of other things now look different like the menu bar doesn't scroll until you hit the side of the screen instead of staying centered(intentional change?) the thumbnails do still look the same.

Oh, Also, my "recent movie" and "New TV" playlist widgets now auto scroll by 1 items every 5 seconds or so. is this supposed to do that?
The selected menu item will move on the 5-item menu. If you want it to stay in the middle, you can choose the 3-item menu in the skin settings.

I'll take another look at Advanced Launcher when I get a chance.

The widgets will autoscroll when they are set to display all the time, I believe it's always been like this. You can turn this off in the skin settings.
You're right, I guess I never noticed the scrolling before.

Thank you for your replies and again for this awesome skin
(2015-08-14, 07:58)braz Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 01:38)dcquence Wrote: the thumbnails do still look the same.

I'll take another look at Advanced Launcher when I get a chance.
Just pushed an update to github that fixes the thumb aspect ratio for Advanced Launcher. Had to install AL to test...
HAHA, success!!! it looks much better now. You are awesome for taking time to look into that and fixing it so quickly.

I know you said in another thread that the limitation to list view in AL is due to AL not identifying itself to the skin or something, so you only get the generic list view. Can you elaborate on that at all or do you know where in an add-on one would need to make sure there is data to have it properly IDed in the skin?
After testing Advanced Launcher, it looks like its content is displayed as "addons" in Kodi. I had to modify the List view specifically for AL though. Would have to do the same for any of the other views. And I'm not sure that would be worth it as there isn't a standardized aspect ratio for AL thumbs. So I'm afraid it's going to be List view only in Mimic.
No problem. Thanks for the response. I may look at what if anything can be done to AL to fix it from that end. Gaming is like 2% of my HTPC usage but my OCD won't let it go and I can't switch from this skin now, it looks too damn good.

Edit: After looking around it is definitely doable editing the views xml files. If I get it to work I will let you know. I am looking at MQ5/MQ6 as an example as that skin allows every view on every screen no matter where in Kodi you are.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List View Thumbnails1