Release ABC Family Channel
V1.0.1 in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.abcfamily

This is an addon for the US ABC Family Channel. There's not a ton of content available without signing in, but there are several episodes of each show. . Some of the show descriptions are a bit garbled with html crap, I'll fix that when I have a chance. Subtitles, views and cached metadata are supported. The addon may require a proxy outside of the US. A 5-6 Mbps internet connection is required as most of the video is in 1080.

If you have installed my test repo:
https://github.com/learningit/repository...odi_addons

You should get an "auto-update" or "update available" message, depending on your "auto-update" setting. You may need to do a "Check for updates" to see the new version.

Please let me know if this works so that I can get the kodi.org repo updated.
Works fine too, no proxy required.
Some programs play in Canada without a proxy too.
V1.0.2 in my git/repo has a fix for the sub-titles
Looks great man. How do I add these shows to my library? I tried adding to favorites and also to Super Favorites but then when I add the folder to the library, it's empty. Thanks in advance for the help.
As far as I know there is no library export in this add-on, however ustvvod does.
Thanks slices, i'm using ustvvod currently but not all shows are appearing in my library after adding them. I was about to put a post in there too. I just figured it might be a little better quality/reliable/etc. getting each feed straight from the source. My goal is to get all my shows in the library, legally, and figure out a way to get live feeds like AMC and TBS into my guide from online source. I have playon and it does both of those things but i'd like to get the same results without having to pay any subscriptions so I can put a free solution together for a few of my family members.
Hi
Seems to have stopped loading recently. Presumably this is the same issue as the one affecting WABC addon?
Hope they are fixable as great addons!!
(2016-06-25, 09:59)drdwridav Wrote: Hi
Seems to have stopped loading recently. Presumably this is the same issue as the one affecting WABC addon?
Hope they are fixable as great addons!!

Lots of changes. ABC Family is now Freeform. The site seems to be a work in progress, so I'm going to wait a bit until it settles down to fix the add-on.
Version 3.0.2 has been submitted to the kodi.org repo.
I didn't rename the add-on to Freeform, leaving as ABC Family for the time being.

Adds the ability to add a TV Show to the library.

You need to add /home/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.abcfamily/TV Shows/ as a video source and select content type as 'TV Shows', AFTER you add the first video from the addon to the library. Do a scan all items when you set the content type. After that, the videos should automatically get added to the library. I had to restart Kodi after setting up the video source on Android to get it to auto-scan for subsequent shows

The context menu allows you to 'Add to Library' when TV Show (not episode) is selected.

Update should be available in a few days.
Fantastic. Add to library works like a charm! Thank you!!
Hi,
I am new with Kodi but i managed to install the abc family add on. I have an Intel Nuc htpc with openelec running.

My daugther was happy to see the tv show pretty little liars included in the abc family add on. But all series within the abc family add on do play, except the pretty little liars, the error message can not play this video at this moment is shown.

Is this a known error for this serie, or something else is wrong?
(2016-07-19, 12:45)Sv7ter Wrote: Hi,
I am new with Kodi but i managed to install the abc family add on. I have an Intel Nuc htpc with openelec running.

My daugther was happy to see the tv show pretty little liars included in the abc family add on. But all series within the abc family add on do play, except the pretty little liars, the error message can not play this video at this moment is shown.

Is this a known error for this serie, or something else is wrong?

Hi there
You are not doing anything wrong. Those episodes are locked on the website too (I.e you need a cable provider log in to watch them there). Normally add ons only scrape and display episodes that are free and unlocked, but sometimes this happens - especially when there have been website changes (and there has been a lot with ABC family/freeform!).
They may become unlocked after a week or so. Hopefully they haven't decided to lock a lot more of their content going forward
Hope that helps
Yes this helps. Thanks!
Website changes again? Can't get episode listings to load for any programme, though shows already in library play fine - so presume it's just the website layout that's changed....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ABC Family Channel1