• 7(current)
WIP Additional views for Advanced Launcher
@disgustinjustin I think you are using the old version of the view files which required the path to the logo and extra fan art to be in the Extras\Games\ folder under the skin folder. Can you download the files from the GamesflixVideo\Code folder on my dropbox and copy them over the top of the ones you downloaded previously, then it will pick up the extra fan art path from your AL game and populate the rotating fan art and if you have the logo saved in the Logo folder under the Extra fan art folder.
@Useful G

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy at work and just got to test with gameflix video views but this did resolve all issues with fanart and logos. I did still have to change variables to get thumbs showing but everything is now working perfectly. Thanks so much for all your help!
(2015-10-21, 12:38)UsefulG Wrote: @lollo78 I had the same problem with my Aeon Nox Big Noid skin and need more work to get it ready for the PR. Real life is getting in the way atm but I'll be on it as soon as I can.

OK, I wait your news. Wink
@UsefulG

Wondering if you can help out. I've done all the steps you provided but for some reason I can't get it to work. Really disappointed cause your work looks like just what I'm looking for!

Copied codes into relevant places, copied images and downloaded your latest view codes. Now whenever I open Kodi and navigate to AL or try to open any of the ROM file lists I'm just given a blank black screen. Any ideas why?

I'm running Helix with silvo mod nox.
Sorry chaps, I've had some RL issues to deal with which have rather prevented me from getting things done with this. I honestly haven't looked at this since October.

@mattneed89 can you screen shot what you see? I developed this on Kodi Helix Silvo originally so it should work, it also works in Isengard and Jarvis too.
(2016-02-08, 11:40)UsefulG Wrote: Sorry chaps, I've had some RL issues to deal with which have rather prevented me from getting things done with this. I honestly haven't looked at this since October.

@mattneed89 can you screen shot what you see? I developed this on Kodi Helix Silvo originally so it should work, it also works in Isengard and Jarvis too.

Sorry hear to that man. Hope everything's good!

Basically I once the changes are made I cant open Advanced launcher. It just throws up a blank screen. I think it is probably that I've messed something up when I've inserted the code into the includes and myprogram xml files. I'm not really used to this changing code...maybe a little beyond me.

I've linked Into my onedrive which has two images and the two xml files. Would you mind having a look for me? I'm just not sure how to solve it. and I'm really keen to get your views working.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=E43612109F...109F55595E
@mattneed89 I can't see the images, I guess they are protected by your login. Any chance you could chuck them up on imagur, I use it for Kodi screenshots.

If you are able to access the rest of Kodi and only AL is broken it is likely that you have successfully changed to one of the Gamesflix views but something is not right in the edited xml files.

To get back to list view in AL so you can use it, you could remove the references to gamesflix in the myprograms.xml and reload skin.

There was a change to how these files are called between Helix and Isengard/Jarvis and so the instructions should be correct for Helix, just don't do the bit after the heading change only for Isengard.

Do you have access to notepad++ that uses colours for the tags and information so it might be easier to spot.
(2016-02-08, 15:48)UsefulG Wrote: @mattneed89 I can't see the images, I guess they are protected by your login. Any chance you could chuck them up on imagur, I use it for Kodi screenshots.

If you are able to access the rest of Kodi and only AL is broken it is likely that you have successfully changed to one of the Gamesflix views but something is not right in the edited xml files.

To get back to list view in AL so you can use it, you could remove the references to gamesflix in the myprograms.xml and reload skin.

There was a change to how these files are called between Helix and Isengard/Jarvis and so the instructions should be correct for Helix, just don't do the bit after the heading change only for Isengard.

Do you have access to notepad++ that uses colours for the tags and information so it might be easier to spot.

I downloaded notepad xml which showed up a couple of errors in the copied code, rogue spaces and characters. Ive changed these this morning and I think I'm closer to it working.

I've put a couple of screenshots up on imgur. Link is below. It seems to have slightly worked so that you can see there are options in the side menu, but they're not layed out well - all clumped at the top and not selectable. The main backdrop is the confluence skins backdrop and it si blocking any views behind it. Any idea what has happened and how to sort it?

I have a feeling there is still some errors in the xml files so do you have an email address I could send them to? I don't really knmow exactly what I'm looking for.

Hope you can help.

http://mattneedham.imgur.com/all/
Hi Matt, you need to share the images and then post the link up here. They are currently not publicly available. Once I can see what you can see I can advise you what to do next.
Sorry dude.

See below

Are you definitely on Helix? I ask because I had exactly that problem using the code in Isengard. Also have you extracted the textures.xbt file and copied the madnox image files into that folder? It looks like the artwork diffuse is missing.
Yeah its definitely helix 14.2. I know that's what it seems. I did do all the steps for artwork though. Does it go in skin media folder or main media folder in kodi top branch?

What reason would all the buttons be collected like that a d not selectable?
Bumping this to ask: will this work with Jarvis?
@UsefulG Hey there, so I'm incredibly impressed with the work you've done on these skins. I'm actually building a next-gen gaming service, and I'd like to utilize your GamesFlix skin for the GUI. If you're interested in hearing more and collaborating together, here's a link to our Discord where we can chat: https://discord.gg/bCbjNh
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Additional views for Advanced Launcher0