Back works differently between Pi and Amazon Fire?
I really hope that I am missing something obvious as I have found something really annoying...

I have been using Kodi on the Amazon Fire for a few days and like the way that it works... So I have build a Pi verson for my Home Cinema setup, as I need 24hz playback.

Got it built and all looks good.. And I was loving every second of it until I noticed something different between the 2 versions.

On the FireTV, the 'back' key takes you backwards through the menus a step at a time.. But on the Pi, back (Backspace key) takes you right back to home.

This is especially important/relevant when navigating around a file system.. On the FireTV, I can drill down into a directory and then press 'back' to come back up one level... But on the Pi, the 'back' key doesn't take you back to the parent directory, so you have to keep scrolling to the top of the list to ',,' so that you can go up a level.

Is there really no key which gives the same behavour as the FireTV version?

Jon
Just rebooted the box and now its working normally.. Must be a glitch...
Its the difference between <backspace> and <escape>.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back works differently between Pi and Amazon Fire?0