Linux Ubuntu vivid kodi package broken
Hi,

Hugely frustrated: I had kodi working on my raspberry pi in 15 mins as advertised.
I then bought an Intel NUC and have been struggling for ever.

I have Xubuntu 15.04 Vivid installed, this version seems to drive the video & sound correctly.
To install kodi I'm following the instructions here:

HOW-TO:Install_XBMC_for_Linux (wiki)

After adding the ppa:team-xbmc/ppa repos & apt-get update:

Quote:sudo apt-get install kodi

Get:22 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu/ vivid/main kodi all 2:15.0~git20150722.1043-final-0vivid [14.7 MB]
Fetched 27.9 MB in 16s (1,689 kB/s)
E: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/u...id_all.deb Hash Sum mismatch

E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

If I wget the same package manually & try to install it with dpkg it also says it's corrupt,
so it appears to be the package build ...

Quote:Unpacking kodi (2:15.0~git20150722.1043-final-0vivid) ...
dpkg-deb (subprocess): decompressing archive member: lzma error: compressed data is corrupt

Any ideas welcome!

PS Kodibuntu or windows are not options for me.
Do you have an issue with your internet connection?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch: Well, I cannot explain it, but today it worked. I still have last nights pulled kodi
package on the PC, which inexplicably has a '-' instead of a '~' in it's name and is much smaller:

Quote:-rw-r----- 1 fred fred 4079616 Aug 9 00:55 kodi_15.0-git20150722.1043-final-0vivid_all.deb

than what I get with wget today:

Quote:-rw-rw-r-- 1 fred fred 14717208 Aug 9 11:44 kodi_15.0~git20150722.1043-final-0vivid_all.deb

I also note the a filename variant with the '-' is not on the server.

Either there's something odd going on on the server, or I'll put it down to saturday night beer ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu vivid kodi package broken0