Couple of Bugs relating to default action
How do I report bugs?

I have my default action set to "Show Information" (rather than Play)and have found a couple of problems (both Minor)

1. On the home page you see a list of "Recently Added Movies".. These 'play' irrespective of your "default action" setting.

2. If you use the default "play" option and the file is not avaialble.. You get the option to remove it from your library, which is good.. But if you use the "Show Information" default action, when you try to play a missing file, it will bring up the "information screen" with no error.. But then when you hit "play", you get an error saying "One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message".

It seems that the intended behavour to remove a movie from the DB is broken when your default action is not play.

Jon
1. We're likely to remove that implementation on homescreen anyway because it can be replaced with something better
2. sound like a problem indeed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Oh yes.. And a 3rd thing in the same vein...

If you have your "Default Action" and "Show Information" and try to play a non-indexed file, nothing happens.. No error.. Nothing.. It just won't play. You need to bring up the contextual menu and select play, or hit 'p'.. But the enter/ok key (or clicking the file) does not make it play and if you are on a device with remote control and limited buttons, this makes it difficult.

Interestingly, this only happens when you play a file which is not indexed inside a directory which is...

If you go to a directory which you do not indexed, then the move plays as if the default behavour is "play".

So in my case, I have a folder called "TV" which is indexed, but a bunch of TV shows which I havn't got around to renaming,so they are unindexed and won't play.

But I have another folder called "New Files" which is mounted but not set to index, and the videos in this folder play just fine.

Jon
@mkortstiege ping
btw can you create tickets for them on trac.kodi.tv (each one separate)?
OK. Will do.. Just the 2 issues? I guess if you are replacing the home screen functionality there is no point in raising a ticket against it?

Jon
correct
Done.. #16188 & #16189

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Couple of Bugs relating to default action0