Colordiffuse for itemlayout ?
Jep, from a brief look at the code only var and info are supported right now. Will try to get param working as this might work and we don't have to mess around in switching layouts when fetching properties.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
ok thanks,
I also made simple list for tests: http://pastebin.com/9fkjTMR5 (required white.png texture in media folder)
but as I said, not really needed by any skinner...just put image control in some list and your good...

Update me please about the param things, It might be useful for few things I can think about...

b.t.w, as a results of all the tests, I saw that colordiffuse inside texture and seperate colordiffuse tag, act a slightly different,
when <colordiffuse></colordiffuse> isEmpty or not working, like the $INFOs that I tried - the texture doesnt appear at all, while the colordiffuse that inside the <texture> is make the texture show without diffuse, (image stays white)
just fyi, don't know if its should be like that.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
and just to share, the main purpose of the whole thing is to let the user choose if the Icon will be colordiffuse as the same color of the label,
or will stay grey - when item is with no focus (the focus item is working fine as you can see)

Also in this subject, an option to colordiffuse a "thumb" inside an "item" in content list, will be awesome... (build a whole color picker with one single "white.png" texture, and remove my 100 4x4 pngs)
Code:
<item id="1">
    <thumb colordiffuse="FFd2d2d2">white.png</thumb>
    <label>FFd2d2d2</label>
</item>
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2015-08-12, 21:05)tomer953 Wrote: Jay, I also tried very basic test before messing with all the $INFO and stuff, and it seems like colordiffuse just don't work with $PARAM, I tried this one:

Yep, seems so. As I said, I'm using it for stringcompares. Thought it could be similar in use but it's not. What should be interresting to check too is how ListItem.Properties are handled through the itemlayout list section. This gave me hard times and really tricky things to make the designer to work (about 20 memory properties per item linked to a 1 mb variables file).
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Quote:
Also in this subject, an option to colordiffuse a "thumb" inside an "item" in content list, will be awesome... (build a whole color picker with one single "white.png" texture, and remove my 100 4x4 pngs)
Code:
<item id="1">
    <thumb colordiffuse="FFd2d2d2">white.png</thumb>
    <label>FFd2d2d2</label>
</item>

+1 Would love to have this supported as well!
+1

Also from list made in python, so $INFO[Listitem.whateverString] could be used.
+1

That small feature can save us a lots of time Wink
With Kodi v20 has been added support to Image control to handle colordiffuse tag with $INFO in the itemlayout
as in this example:

xml:

<itemlayout height="100" width="166">
    <control type="group">
        <control type="image">
            <colordiffuse>$INFO[ListItem.Something]</colordiffuse>
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
Is there a workaround for older versions of Kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Colordiffuse for itemlayout ?0