• 5(current)
Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End)
http://winmyth.sourceforge.net/mythprotocol.html

there's information about the protocol they use there. hopefully that will help you out.

tom
(tbdombrosky @ may 18 2004,21:56 Wrote:here's the error i get now. it says (running) for a second next to the script. i unrared python.rar into my xbmc/python directory. xbmc is my main frontend so it's on my c:\. any ideas?

18-05-2004 23:52:48 traceback (most recent call last):
18-05-2004 23:52:48 file "q:\scripts\mytvsettings.py", line 1, in ?
18-05-2004 23:52:48
18-05-2004 23:52:48 import gui
18-05-2004 23:52:48 systemerror
18-05-2004 23:52:48 :
18-05-2004 23:52:48 null result without error in pyobject_call
18-05-2004 23:52:48
have you ftp'd all the python files in python/lib that were included in the xbmc_mythtv-0.9 package? if not, then that explains why the import is failing.

can you run other python scripts successfully? if not, then it sounds like you either have a bad build or the python support files weren't installed correctly.

other than that, i don't know what else to suggest except try a different build... the builds that i have been using are about 23.8mb compressed in size and python has already been setup correctly. i have noticed some builds coming out at 16mb or so... these usually don't have python included.

once you get python working properly, you'll need to run the mytvsettings.py once to supply info specific to your config. after that is done, you should run mytv.py. the other .py files in the scripts directory won't do anything... they will eventually be moved to the python/lib dir or included in one of the files in that directory. it is just easier to debug them as separate scripts at the moment...
ok, i got it working. i had to use the python.rar from 2/12/2004. the one in cvs does not work apparently. now i'm having another problem though. only some of my recordings show up (the newest ones). the older ones aren't there. not a big deal, just giving you a heads up.

tom
(tbdombrosky @ may 20 2004,07:23 Wrote:ok, i got it working. i had to use the python.rar from 2/12/2004. the one in cvs does not work apparently. now i'm having another problem though. only some of my recordings show up (the newest ones). the older ones aren't there. not a big deal, just giving you a heads up.

tom
i haven't noticed that issue with any of my recordings. the recorded show screen does a join on the channel and the recorded tables using the chanid. my guess is that join is broken because of bad data. can you run the query that mytvrecorded.py runs using a mysql client? compare the count of the rows returned by the query to the count of the rows in the recorded show table. if the count is different, then some shows will be dropped because the join is broken because of bad data. if it is the same, then compare against the number of .nuv files on the filesystem. if the counts are different, then you're database is missing some entries. if everything looks good with the counts in the database and filesystem, then it could be a problem with the script...

also, the scripts have been run using mythtv 0.14 and a fairly recent cvs build (myth protocol version 4 - latest is version 5+). if you are using a different version, then you're on new ground.
(tbdombrosky @ may 20 2004,14:23 Wrote:ok, i got it working.  i had to use the python.rar from 2/12/2004.  the one in cvs does not work apparently.  now i'm having another problem though.  only some of my recordings show up (the newest ones).  the older ones aren't there.  not a big deal, just giving you a heads up.

tom
still having trouble with this.  i'm now using xbmc 4/23 with the python.rar from 2/12.  the mytv.py script hangs xbmc and the mythsettings.py script works fine.  a simple test script with a dialog also hangs xbmc so i'm thinking perhaps i'm getting an error which is displayed via a dialog which hangs xbmc.

i've seen posts refering to a debug log which shows info about python scripts running.  where is this log and how do i enable it?  i see no references to python scripts in the standard 'xbmc.log' in xbmc's homedir.

i'm not at all familiar with python, but am about to take the plunge.  what is a really simple way to open/create a logfile and print info to it so that i can put some debugging in the script to see whats going on?

thanks,

tim
i figured out my problem... basically i'm an idiot.  i wasn't updating xbmc properly as my bios requires me to rename the xbe from default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe and i was forgetting to do that.

once i pulled my head out, and properly updated xbmc (running 5/26 cvs now, with python.rar v1.3 and xbmc-mythtv 0.9) everything seems to be working as it should, including popup dialogs from scripts! my original problem was that i had not allowed access to the mythconverg database from any machine and the error dialog was crashing xbmc as i had an old cvs version.

tim
Quote:30-05-2004 02:20:53 file "q:\scripts\mytv.py", line 84, in ?
30-05-2004 02:20:53 mythtv.conn = mythtv.connection(
30-05-2004 02:20:53 file "q:\python\lib\mythtv.py", line 52, in
30-05-2004 02:20:53 raise serverexception, reply
30-05-2004 02:20:53 serverexception: ['reject', '8']

thats the error im getting. i had been having the dumb cant access errors, finally got them worked out. i just started using my mythtv box so im sure im missing something. any ideas about this? im using a cvs build from 5/24/04 python 1.3, and ill be testing it with a build from 5/30/04 here in a bit. ill see if that helps any at all. tia.

sigtom
hey madtw,

i have been running the latest version of xbmc-mythtv, and everything is great! love the delete feature. my mythtv box is now running purely as a backend.

is anyone running xbmc-mythtv with version 0.15 of mythtv? i am thinking about upgrading, and was wondering if there would be any problems with xbmc-mythtv.

many thanks!
(sigtom @ may 30 2004,07:27 Wrote:
Quote:30-05-2004 02:20:53   file "q:\scripts\mytv.py", line 84, in ?
30-05-2004 02:20:53     mythtv.conn = mythtv.connection(
30-05-2004 02:20:53   file "q:\python\lib\mythtv.py", line 52, in
30-05-2004 02:20:53     raise serverexception, reply
30-05-2004 02:20:53 serverexception: ['reject', '8']

thats the error im getting.  i had been having the dumb cant access errors, finally got them worked out.  i just started using my mythtv box so im sure im missing something.  any ideas about this?  im using a cvs build from 5/24/04 python 1.3, and ill be testing it with a build from 5/30/04 here in a bit.  ill see if that helps any at all.  tia.

sigtom
i believe this is refering to the myth protocol version being out of sync. you are probably using a recent mythtv cvs version or have just installed the new 0.15 release, which the myth.py script can't handle yet.
(tharvey @ may 30 2004,18:00 Wrote:i believe this is refering to the myth protocol version being out of sync. you are probably using a recent mythtv cvs version or have just installed the new 0.15 release, which the myth.py script can't handle yet.
tharvey:

yeah im running 0.15, forgot to include that in my post. ill wait to see if/when 0.15 is working with xbmc, and fire it up then. thanks for letting me know.
hi

i've done the localisation for pal in 0.9 - is there somewhere i can put them to get them included in the release?

i'm using python.rar v1.3, xbmc-mythtv 0.9, and xbmc (built in the middle of may - sorry, i'm not in front of the system at the moment) and mythtv 0.15 and have the same error as mentioned previously (serverexception: ['reject', '8'] ).

anything i can do to help? i'm not much of a programmer but can do stuff like shell-scripting. also, is there any additional localisation i can do for the uk/pal?

cheers

mike
(tbdombrosky @ may 20 2004,07:23 Wrote:ok, i got it working. i had to use the python.rar from 2/12/2004. the one in cvs does not work apparently. now i'm having another problem though. only some of my recordings show up (the newest ones). the older ones aren't there. not a big deal, just giving you a heads up.
i modified the query that selects recorded shows slightly because i was able to reproduce your problem where some recordings would show up and others wouldn't. the query now does an outer join on the channel and program tables - that way if recorded rows exist but the join is broken, you'll still be able to see the recorded shows.

the fix has been checked into cvs but i haven't made a new release of it yet... i'd like to wait for dooze to get mythtv 0.15 working with the scripts first.
(mapryan @ june 02 2004,03:11 Wrote:hi

i've done the localisation for pal in 0.9 - is there somewhere i can put them to get them included in the release?

i'm using python.rar v1.3, xbmc-mythtv 0.9, and xbmc (built in the middle of may - sorry, i'm not in front of the system at the moment) and mythtv 0.15 and have the same error as mentioned previously (serverexception: ['reject', '8'] ).

anything i can do to help? i'm not much of a programmer but can do stuff like shell-scripting. also, is there any additional localisation i can do for the uk/pal?

cheers

mike
yep, send any localisation files you have modified to the email address included in the readme file in the xbmc-mythtv package. i'll take a look at the changes and include them in the next release.

dooze is in the process of installing mythtv 0.15 and will make any necessary protocol changes to the scripts - expect a new release fairly soon once he has it working smoothly again. it may be a matter of just sending the correct protocol version request... at least that's mainly what was needed when working with the latest mythtv cvs builds.
count me in in the interested people Smile
xboxmediacenter + mythtv is a killer duo
(mean @ june 11 2004,12:56 Wrote:count me in in the interested people Smile
xboxmediacenter + mythtv is a killer duo
alright... i have updated the scripts for mythtv 0.15.1. you can't schedule shows yet through the tv listings screen but that will be the next area of focus unless problems are found with the other screens. you can grab the latest version from here.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End)0