Chanels playable in DVB Viewer but not Kodi.
I've got an ever increasing bunch of channels that are playable in DVB Viewer (various versions - currently v5.5.0.0, but tried several) and a bunch of different Kodi versions on Win 10 64 bit.

I've tried re-scanning channels several times and even re-created my favourites, but certain channels just will not play in Kodi :-(

I'm sure these channels used to play with my current setup, but now I'm stumped, does anyone have any ideas please?

[edit] i think it's a favourites thing, if i save TV favourites from within Kodi and access them via the 'star' icon (I never knew what that did!), I can view these channels.
Is there a way of just showing favourite channels from within the TV part of Kodi?
Hi,

i have exactly the same problem.
when i run a free channel its ok, but when i run a payable channel, kodi is crashing....

any idea ?

thx
hi what yous need to do is go into your dvbviewer program folder and inside you will see a folder named plugins, what you need to do is copy that plugins folder 2 ur desktop and rename it to plugins1 and it will have all the same files inside it and what you then do is place that plugins1 folder inside the plugins folder this gives dvbviewer recording service its own access to your plugins allowing you to view your paid channels again, you will need to restart your computer to see the changes done after
ooh, i forgot to check this thread Confused

@waddle mine is on random channels and it doesn't crash Kodi, so not the same problem at all lol!

@daryld1988 thanks for the reply, I think I have done that in the past, but I did it again with no difference.

It's weird, all the sky sports channels work in Kodi but only one of the sky Movies channels works. There a couple of other random channels that don't work either. I'm stumped!
Do you use favourites?
(2015-08-10, 22:14)Waka Wrote: [edit] i think it's a favourites thing, if i save TV favourites from within Kodi and access them via the 'star' icon (I never knew what that did!), I can view these channels.
Is there a way of just showing favourite channels from within the TV part of Kodi?

i did that from begin. the option is in dvbviewer pvr addon option.

i post a screenshot, but it will be german.
http://abload.de/img/screenshot0009uski.png
@manül and @skybird1980 thanks for the replies :-)

Yes I do use favourites - 'use favourites instead of channel list' is the English translation of the German screenshot.

I might try not using favourites, But there are so many extra (unusable) channels that get found when I do a scan, that would take a lot of editing!
Sorry, don't bother. My thought behind the question about favourites doesn't make much sense Smile
i'm using favourites.xml too... but i locally load it every time from my storage when i start kodi...maybe you could try this too..

http://abload.de/img/fav1qra2.jpg

additionally in kodi i use following settings..

http://abload.de/img/kodi-tvxio68.jpg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chanels playable in DVB Viewer but not Kodi.0