v15 Login to Movies by default
I would like kodi to start in the Movies library every time it is launched or someone switch profiles.

I saw this code in another thread:

Code:
<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">ActivateWindow(Videos,Movietitles, return)</onload>

It work fine but only when kodi is launched for the first time. However when switching between profiles it doesn't work.... I assume because the "Window.previous" return different value than startup or because the code is only being called onload event.

Is there another way to force kodi to start in the movies library right after loading a profile?

Thanks,

Eyal
Thanks,

Eyal

Current HTPC
  • MSI Z87-GD65 Mobo
  • Intel Core i5 4440 Haswell CPU
  • 2x Vengeance 8GB DDR3
  • 3x WD RED 2TB SATA3 6GB HD (RAID-Data)
  • 1x Baracuda 1TB SATA3 6GB HD (OS)
  • HX850 850W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified PSU
  • Silverstone LC16 HTPC Case

I don't know for sure if this might differ from the thing you already did. But you can set a startup window in the Kodi settings.

system settings->appearance->skin->startup window

Maybe this helps
I did but the only option available is the Videos window - No Movies library
Thanks,

Eyal

Current HTPC
  • MSI Z87-GD65 Mobo
  • 2x Vengeance 8GB DDR3

Anyone? Other ideas?
Thanks,

Eyal

Current HTPC
  • MSI Z87-GD65 Mobo
  • 2x Vengeance 8GB DDR3

Correct...I can confirm this and unfortunately it seems either it's a bug or just not wanted. Let's see if one of the devs will jump in.

Which version of Kodi are you using?
Hmmm... this makes sense. I was wondering why it was missing

The latest... just installed it a week or two ago
Thanks,

Eyal

Current HTPC
  • MSI Z87-GD65 Mobo
  • 2x Vengeance 8GB DDR3

unfortunately "latest" is not a version number. Latest stable or latest nightly? You see...there are differences between "latest" Wink

do us a pleasure and provide a Debug Log....this will contain all needed info

I just checked a few other things and saw, that you can't access the TV-Shows Menu as well. So I guess, every Home Menu item, which is optional (like any video library), is not in this dialog. Doing a "tail -f" at the kodi log to see, which dialog is selected in this case, pointed out, that it's the DialogSelect.xml. But I can't get any further to add some menu entries in the specific dialog.

Not a skinner Wink
Maybe i got a workaroung...have to play with this. Will tell you tomorrow
As I promised Wink I got a workaround for this

This requires you know how to create a file and might also depend on which OS/system you are. As I don't know which system you are using, because you posted in the OS-independant subforum, be aware that the following matches to your system. Some folders might change.

For Linux:

- get a terminal and create the file: autoexec.py in your userdata folder (~/.kodi/userdata)
- fill in the following and save the file after:

Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)')
- for the profiles you want it for....copy the file (autoexec.py) to any profile folder listed under: ~/.kodi/userdata/profiles/

this will activate the library window at every switch of your profiles and at the startup of Kodi. It works fine for me

Cheers
David,

My apologies for the lack of details.

I am only using the stable version.
Currently the exact version is 20150721-2f34a0c

I am on Windows 10 64-bit Home Pro

Going to play with your workaround.....
Thanks,

Eyal

Current HTPC
  • MSI Z87-GD65 Mobo
  • 2x Vengeance 8GB DDR3

I'm also using profiles in Isengard RC1 and no matter what I set the onload condition to in home.xml, Kodi focuses on whatever is 3rd from the left in the menu. I'm not sure how to create the .py file mentioned above, but I'll dig further and see if I can try that.
Create the file (autoexec.py) with a normal text editor...nano or vim...and save it to your userdata folder. If you re using profiles and want a special startup-window for all the profiles, you have to copy the files to each profile. "Userdata" will be the master profile and under that you have a "profile" folder, and below this, there should be the profile names listed you created....copy the autoexec.py to those "profile-name"-folders, too.
.py file worked great.
great....

If it helps you...hit the "Thank user" button Wink
First of all I would like to thank you for this post because this was exactly what I was looking. I inserted the code in my Home.xml file (I use the MQ5 skin) and now Kodi boots directly into my MOVIES. However, when booting up the MAIN MENU is seen for a few miliseconds or so. Is there a way to solve this?
Don't dream your life, live your dream

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Login to Movies by default0