Win Unable to play video on Windows 10 (Codec issue?)
Hi,

I have been using Windows 7 Media Center. After upgrading to Windows 10, I am trying to set up Kodi with NextPVR to replace WMC.

PC (this worked fine in Windows 7 with WMC)
8 core AMD CPU
16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6300M Series
Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800 ATSC

I managed to install NextPVR and it recognized my Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800 ATSC. Scan got all the channels.

However, live TV give blank screen. I went to Settings -> Decoders.

Set Video Renderer to VMR9. This was used in MPC-HC and it worked well.

Video Decoders:
MPEG2 Video Disabled and there is no other options
H.264 Video: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder and there is no other options
HEVC Video: Disabled and there is no other options

Audio Decoders:
MPEG1 Audio: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder and there is one option MPEG Audio Decoder
All other 4 types are disabled without any options

Checked for Only use mapped audio decoders during .ts playback

I tried to open file to play. Only AVI files. Other format, mp4, mts, mkv do not work. These video plays fine in MPC-HC on this PC (probably with hardware decoder).

What is the proper way to get decoder working on Windows 10?

Thanks
Welcome to Kodi. Long time MC user switched about three weeks ago. Your issue is MPEG-2 decoder is disabled - you need this. Windows removes the decoder if you do a clean Windows 10 install. Do a search for video decoder. You will also need an audio decoder.

Be careful in selecting the decoder pack, I wound up with the spigot malware.
Also it's easiest to get audio/video playback working in NextPVR before going to Kodi.
And finally, your question is more for the NVPR actual forums: http://forums.nextpvr.com not this one.

This one is for the Kodi addon.

Kodi NVPR uses its own decoder for live TV playback from the raw feed, not the nextpvr program decoders.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to play video on Windows 10 (Codec issue?)0