Can you clean and update at the same time?
I am currently doing a lot of filename changes, so my update process is to go to the system menu and "clean" and then do an "update"

This involves 2 different menus and is a pain.. Is there any way to do a clean/update in one step?

I did originally think about doing this automatically at the time of startup.. But I can see thats bad, as if the sources are missing, this would be disastrous to 'clean'... But when you are doing a manual update, it would be nice to have the option to clean first.

Can you do this?

Jon
there should be an option "clean at update"
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#videolibrary

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
Saw that, but isn't it a bit "dangerous"? This means that every time you do an update, you risk loosing some/all of your library IF a source is off line.

I would like to see 2 options in Kodi.. "Update" (As it is today).. And "Clean + Update" for the times that you know its safe to do so.

Jon
Sort of. Kodi should now check to see if a source is offline before assuming the individual file is gone. I think it does something like check a parent directory, and if the directory itself is gone then it assumes the source is offline, and it won't remove those from the library.

For the moment, there's only the one option.
(2015-08-11, 10:36)Ned Scott Wrote: Sort of. Kodi should now check to see if a source is offline before assuming the individual file is gone. I think it does something like check a parent directory, and if the directory itself is gone then it assumes the source is offline, and it won't remove those from the library.

For the moment, there's only the one option.

In that case.. I will give it a go.. Not entirly sure if I can modify this on a Raspberry Pi, as my previous attempts to adjust an XML file failed as the filesystem was "read only", but I will have a read and play.. And if I can't do this on a Pi, then I certainly can't on a FireTV.

Jon

Edit: Just realised that this file doesn't exist and you can created it in the "userdata" folder which you have write access too.. So this isn't an issue.. Will try this out.. Cheers.
It doesn't work.. Or I should say it doesn't work as I hoped/expected....

Before using this auto setting.. If I change the name of a file.. And then do an update.. It won't pick up the new name.. I have to clean first (which makes the old file disappear) and then update.. So its a 2 step process.

This new (Advanced) feature should work.. But its cleans AFTER the update.

So when it runs, it does the update and doens't pick up the new name.. Then it cleans.. So it gets rid of the old one.. And the net results is that the file is missing.. So you have to do an update again to get the new file back

Surely the 'clean' should happen BEFORE the 'update'?

Either way, this doesn't help me.. Any other options which might?

Jon
It shouldn't matter when it happens. A clean should not be required before the new entry is picked up. I'm not sure why it's not picking it up on the first try.
(2015-08-11, 19:24)Ned Scott Wrote: It shouldn't matter when it happens. A clean should not be required before the new entry is picked up. I'm not sure why it's not picking it up on the first try.

Odd. Thats how i thought it was ment to work as i see this behavour on 4 iterations of Kodi across 4 platforms..

If i start with a movie.. And then change the name.. And then do an update it does not appear until i do a clean (which then removes the old file) first.

Let me double check this tomorrow to be 100% sure, but that appears to be how it works for me.,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can you clean and update at the same time?0