How to re-setup Ember on Windows 10?
I just moved to a new Windows 10 PC. Should I download version 14 or 13? And if 14, how do I re-setup Ember as I had it in 13?

I see a note that says "Please use new settings and advancedsettings if you used Ember 1.3.x before!", but what does this mean? I have my Ember Media Manager and Ember_1.3.0.20 folders saved from my old Windows 7 PC.

Or, do I simply need to use only the Media.emm file from the old setup?

Please advise, thanks.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
You can't use settings or database from 1.3.x. That means you have to setup 1.4.x from scratch.
Thanks for your reply. So, should I just add the movie and TV shares and let it scan? Do I bother with the old Media.emm?
My HT
You can't use the old Media.emm.
Just check the file name settings for movies and tv shows and add the shares as new sources.
Great, thanks.
My HT
Is the old EMM still available for download? Can't seem to find it. The new version is kinda overwhelming, and I'm having issue with fanart not showing up for movies. Also, don't see a way to only show the NFO, poster and fanart columns for movies and TV. Thanks.

My HT
(2015-08-11, 21:48)hdmkv Wrote: Is the old EMM still available for download? Can't seem to find it. The new version is kinda overwhelming, and I'm having issue with fanart not showing up for movies. Also, don't see a way to only show the NFO, poster and fanart columns for movies and TV. Thanks.

What are your file names for poster and fanart? If you don't use the default Kodi file names like <filename>-poster.jpg, you have to set it manually in Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources -> File Naming -> Expert -> Single.

You can disable each column in settings, doubleclick the row to switch between hide and show:

Believe me, this version is much better and faster than the old. And the next release there will be great changes.

Edit: But anyway, the old versions are still available on our bug tracker: Link
Settings for old file name system:

(2015-08-11, 22:04)DanCooper Wrote: You can disable each column in settings, doubleclick the row to switch between hide and show:

Thank you!
I've been wanting to do that but just never bothered to ask.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to re-setup Ember on Windows 10?0