Excluding Directories with .NOMEDIA
Hi All,

Do any Windows users here use the .NOMEDIA files to exclude directories from their library? I have just assumed all along that this worked and noticed only recently that many of my "extras" folders are being scraped. I could go back and rename all of these folders to "_EXTRAS" or something and set the exception in my advancesettings.xml but just wondering if I have overlooked something. From Section 7 of the wiki

Set_content_and_scan (wiki)

"
7 Excluding directories/folders

Kodi can exclude certain directories from the library all together using a few different methods.
Use the "Exclude folder from scans" option when the content type is set to "none"
Place a file (even an empty one) named .nomedia in the directory you want to exclude.
Note: Windows users should name the file .nomedia. which will trick Windows into using the proper .nomedia name.
"

A .NOMEDIA and .NOMEDIA. file are the same for me in Win10. I made the .nomedia using my Android phone just in case - no dice.
A quick update:

Looking through the log on Kodi 16 stable and it looks like this is working now, for example:

"
19:34:23 T:3228 WARNING: Skipping item 'smb://192.168.1.3/Media/Movies/Yoga Meltdown Jillian Michaels/' with '.nomedia' file in parent directory, it won't be added to the library.
19:34:23 T:3228 WARNING: Skipping item 'smb://192.168.1.3/Media/Movies/Zumba Fitness 5disc DVD/' with '.nomedia' file in parent directory, it won't be added to the library.
"

This was not in the log before, so either I fixed it inadvertently or it was fixed in a newer Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Excluding Directories with .NOMEDIA0