• 10(current)
Release Rooster Teeth
1.4.1 (2019-06-09)
- added adapted inputstream switch. When this is on, the videoplayer inputstream addon 'Inputstream Adaptive'
(kudo's to peak3d) is used. The addon 'Inputstream Adaptive' determines what resolution it will display based upon the
available bandwidth and the settings of the addon 'Inputstream Adaptive'.
When the adapted inputstream switch is off, the roosterteeth addon will try and play the video based upon the
maximum video resolution in the roosterteeth settings.
- for when the adapted inputstream switch is off: if a video of the desired video is not found, look for a video of lower quality
- fixed inside-gaming section
- added pages instead of only listing the first 30 items
- removed game attack
- addon moved to kodi 18 (leia)

1.3.11 (2019-06-09)
- marking the addon broken for gotham. A working version will be available in Leia (Kodi 18)
(2019-06-12, 10:11)Skipmode A1 Wrote: 1.4.1 (2019-06-09)
- added adapted inputstream switch. When this is on, the videoplayer inputstream addon 'Inputstream Adaptive'
(kudo's to peak3d) is used. The addon 'Inputstream Adaptive' determines what resolution it will display based upon the
available bandwidth and the settings of the addon 'Inputstream Adaptive'.
When the adapted inputstream switch is off, the roosterteeth addon will try and play the video based upon the
maximum video resolution in the roosterteeth settings.
- for when the adapted inputstream switch is off: if a video of the desired video is not found, look for a video of lower quality
- fixed inside-gaming section
- added pages instead of only listing the first 30 items
- removed game attack
- addon moved to kodi 18 (leia)

1.3.11 (2019-06-09)
- marking the addon broken for gotham. A working version will be available in Leia (Kodi 18)
Thank you SO MUCH! Is there any way I can repay you for this work?
I'm glad it works for ya.

If you want to donate something, you can donate to the kodi-team: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate
Minor bug? - I noticed that switching between ascending and descending sorting doesn't seem to work in the addon for some reason.

Also, inputstream.adaptive should be able to handle single quality streams since 2.3.19 and I think Kodi 18.3 was bundled with inputstream.adaptive 2.3.22, so if you wanted, I think you could just have inputstream.adaptive play both the adaptive streams and the non-adaptive streams. Your call on that, though.

Great work!
Thanks mucho for this add-on. I tried using Chromecast with my Win 10 HTPC for watching Rooster Teeth (not good) but this add-on with my LibreELEC HTPC running Matrix (Milhouse versions) works very well.
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
@Hamsterkill
I think the sorting not working is more due to the fact that not all the items are available, just the pages you browsed too.

I'll have a look at the adaptive stuff again, once the addon needs an update, thanks.

@whysoserious
Glad it works for you.
(2019-10-19, 05:25)Skipmode A1 Wrote: @Hamsterkill
I think the sorting not working is more due to the fact that not all the items are available, just the pages you browsed too.

Well, the issue applies even if all items are showing -- such as for a season of a series that only has one page. I could've sworn there used to be a way for Kodi to play a season of an RT series in order, rather than reverse order, using the "Play from here" context menu option...
They changed the way the list things on the site today and added some new video categories. I'm not a coder but I have found if you do the same api calls as you do to get the videos, you can also get their channel line up. Using this it will update the channels when they do without having to change the addon (at least till they change their api). The json also returns a link to the channel's icon so you can also have icons on the main page. Looking through I also noticed if you change the sort method to SORT_METHOD_DATEADDED it allows you to sort the videos ascending and descending.
Interesting, i will have a look.
I made a new test version. This test version is available in my repo: https://github.com/skipmodea1/plugin.video.roosterteeth
Click on the green 'Clone or download'-button and then choose 'Download ZIP'.
You can install it as a video addon: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_add-ons

Please do some testing with it. Especially as i currently don't have a First membership and therefore couldn't test the playing of First videos...

These are the changes:

1.5-SNAPSHOT (2020-03-29)
- dynamic channels instead of hardcoded channels
- set initial sorting, changing the sort order in Kodi now seems to actually do something
- added channel shows
- changes due to Sponsership to First membership change
(2020-03-29, 19:28)Skipmode A1 Wrote: I made a new test version.
FYI, the current Rooster Teeth add-on wasn't working anymore for me in the latest Milhouse Matrix builds, I *think* because of some changes related to Python 3. After reading how some folks got other add-ons that were actually P3 compliant (but not working in the latest Matrix) to work again, by making a change in their addon.xml files, I tried it with Rooster Teeth and it worked.

In the addon.xml I changed "<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.26.0"/> to

<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="3.0.0"/>

Edit: I did the same to the various dependencies as well. Like I said, monkey in the control room...

I have to say that me messing around with these files is like letting a monkey loose inside a nuclear reactor's control room, but it worked for me. :-)
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
The snapshot version doesn't seem to be logging you in. I get an error saying you need to be logged in to watch first videos. Rolling back to the previous version I can watch the videos.
What do you mean with 'the videos'. First videos or non first videos?

Also please provide a log: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
Sorry, I was wrong. Going back to get a log i noticed that the options turned off the first log in when i upgraded. The first videos and all other videos do work.
1.5 (2020-05-02)
- dynamic channels instead of hardcoded channels
- set initial sorting, changing the sort order in Kodi now seems to actually do something
- added channel shows
- changes due to sponsership to First membership change
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rooster Teeth2