• 6(current)
Release Rooster Teeth
It seems that the quality selection is indeed busted, i will have a look...
Thanks, I hope you can find a solution for it, seeing as Roosterteeth seems to be going into 4k more and more these days.

I assume the reason I have problems with 4k videos is because I do not own a 4k TV. Most of the times when I try to watch a video which is in 4k it output audio, but screen is either black or glitches out (as I've seen others have mentioned before).

It took me a while to realise it was only the 4k videos that didn't work as I assumed at first it was something in the backend at RT that prevented the streams.
The problem should be fixed in version 1.3.6. This version should be available in a day or two.

Wow, that's quick. Thanks!
1.3.6 (2018-01-31)
- fixed showing videos in selected resolution
Just wanted to report an issue trying to play the latest RT podcast. Getting the same error on Mac and Fire Stick. Logged in as sponsor, other sponsor and non-sponsor content works fine. Issue occurs with quality set to either 1080p or 4k. EDIT: v1.3.6 on both devices.

Thanks for making a great add-on btw, it has worked fantastically on all other videos so far!

Error log:

json:
23:23:01.728 T:123145303990272   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 25: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.roosterteeth/addon.py", line 33, in <module>
action = urllib.parse.parse_qs(urllib.parse.urlparse(sys.argv[2]).query)['action'][0]
File "/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.future/libs/future/backports/urllib/parse.py", line 564, in parse_qs
encoding=encoding, errors=errors)
File "/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.future/libs/future/backports/urllib/parse.py", line 616, in parse_qsl
value = _coerce_result(value)
File "/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.future/libs/future/backports/urllib/parse.py", line 98, in _encode_result
return obj.encode(encoding, errors)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 25: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
23:23:01.805 T:140735171649536   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.roosterteeth/?action=play&video_page_url=http%3A%2F%2Froosterteeth.com%2Fepisode%2Frooster-teeth-podcast-2018-rt-podcast-480&title=Rooster+Teeth+Podcast%3A+We%E2%80%99re+Starting+a+Fight+Club++%23480]

Let me know if I can provide any more data.
I will have a look.
The bug should be fixed in a new version that should be available in a day or two.

1.3.7 (2018-02-21):
- removing non-ascii characters in title in parameters to prevent UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode ...The error occured when doing urllib.parse.parse_qs of the parameters
Will you be updating the add-on now that they changed their page as none of the sections work? Also fyi for about a week prior to this the videos were all lagging and out of sync with the sound but I'm sure or at least hoping that it had more to do with this new site being worked on rather than an issue again with the video quality.
I"ll have a look
Thank you kindly!
Got some bad news. Roosterteeth recently changed the website UI and now all the processing is done in Javascript, which means we cannot just scrape the webpage to find all the videos. I am currently trying to think of a solution but this is going to be a big hurdle to overcome. Hopefully Skipmode A1 has better luck
Yeah, it seem technically a lot has changed in the site. However i see possibilities to get the addon working again. Let's see how it goes this week.
Thanks for looking in to it.
Is there a way to pick apart their mobile app on the Google Play store and make that work for Kodi? Not a programmer so idk, was just curious
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rooster Teeth2