• 14(current)
TheCocktailDB.com - An Open Cocktail Database with API
See the API instruction page on the website.
Thank you for this amazing add-on and database!!!!!!!  It works great!!!!!

Cheers
I have been using your guest API key for development for about a month - but it just recently started running at about 20-30sec per response (if at all), I really appreciate the use of your db for free regardless, but I wanted to check in and see if the slowdown had been brought to your attention? Or perhaps it is intentional due to too many queries or something? Again, I want to thank you for your time and the use of your awesome API - if I need to change something about how I am using it, just say the word. If the slowdown is unintentional, then I am sure you have already heard about it...

Any word on how to get it back to normal for my dev process would be awesome - the app I am working on is a crucial part of my dev portfolio - so you're help would be GREATLY appreciated when you do get the chance.

Thank you,

- Charles M.
Yep been working on it this morning, looks like our server had a memory issue and when i rebooted it it didn't post properly.

Its all fixed now and back up.

Glad to hear the site is useful to you Wink The speed should be great again.
Hmm still having hardware issues, It may be a few days until I can migrate the VM
You are awesome, looking back over the 14 pages of this thread just shows how easy to work with, and responsive you have been to the random requests and issues associated with coctailDB - Thank you for your hard work on this.
FYI I went to add some cocktails and I got 504 Gateway Time-out.
Now it appears to be offline.
It's back! Smile
=12ptA wonderful database of cocktails! Thank you for the great work.=12.0ptI'm developing an educational Android application using the your API. When I run the my application in the Genymotion emulator, the application always receives a list of cocktails, but when I use a smartphone (Galaxy Nexus - API 4.3) or tablet the app have empty screen. I'm using a common IP key. Maybe you need a special key key?
(2018-08-16, 07:54)Uvereny Wrote: =12ptA wonderful database of cocktails! Thank you for the great work.=12.0ptI'm developing an educational Android application using the your API. When I run the my application in the Genymotion emulator, the application always receives a list of cocktails, but when I use a smartphone (Galaxy Nexus - API 4.3) or tablet the app have empty screen. I'm using a common IP key. Maybe you need a special key key?
 Should be no difference if using the same API key such as the developer key.
Is there any chance of downloading the whole database to be used locally? (with attribution of course)
This is a neat resource, but for my project it would just simplify things to not have to worry about a network connection.
Nope sorry, we get this kind of request all the time and its a pain to do.

You are welcome to use the API to iterate through the ID numbers though, they are sequential Wink
Thanks for this great API to docwra, zag and everyone else who has worked on it!

I also wanted to use the data for a project of mine (Cocktails World, source code at GitHub). The UI of the project got me looking for a static dump, since I didn't want to fire off tens-to-hundreds of API requests to TheCocktailDB servers on every page load. Following docwra's tip, I iterated the API and collected the results.

If anyone else needs a database dump, I've shared the one I created today at thecocktaildb-downloader at GitHub (in JSON and SQL formats). The repository also contains the script used to generate the dump.

Hopefully this helps someone! Always happy to receive feedback on both projects, will implement improvements and features whenever time allows.
Cool thanks Lauri!
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheCocktailDB.com - An Open Cocktail Database with API2