"musicbrainzalbumartistid": "",
            "musicbrainzalbumid": "",
            "musicbrainzartistid": "",
            "musicbrainztrackid": "d5c73b67-f2fc-49fb-9ca6-2ddd7a4b569d",
            "songid": 1
        }
    ]
}
(2015-10-14, 01:47)axa88 Wrote: installed the nightly and found this working for artists and songs
Code:
{
    "limits": {
        "end": 1,
        "start": 0,
        "total": 71
    },
    "songs": [
        {
            "label": "Cowboys From Hell",
            "musicbrainzalbumartistid": "",
            "musicbrainzalbumid": "",
            "musicbrainzartistid": "",
            "musicbrainztrackid": "d5c73b67-f2fc-49fb-9ca6-2ddd7a4b569d",
            "songid": 1
        }
    ]
}

Should the song info also not have the musizbrainzalbumid and musicbrainzartistid filled in?
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
It would be nice. For artist there is an nfo, for album another nfo, for song Im not exactly sure how this works so can't say there was or wasn't a problem with my library.
But isn't there other ids available that can be used to group tracks otherwise? Im not (yet) sure if having these on song matters
(2015-10-14, 10:48)axa88 Wrote: It would be nice. For artist there is an nfo, for album another nfo, for song Im not exactly sure how this works so can't say there was or wasn't a problem with my library.
But isn't there other ids available that can be used to group tracks otherwise? Im not (yet) sure if having these on song matters

Of course there are other ways to retrieve the info needed. Just wanted to point out that the info is missing Wink
Indeed.
That said, where might i make the suggestion that for Album, the MusicBrainz "Release Group Id" be amended to the json properties?

It is arguably as important as the Album Id itself where the Album id will describe the exact purchasable item that you have, say some obscure re-release with 5 extra tracks that you bought while on vacation in Timbuktu,
the Release Group Id is the overall identifier for that particular album.

This which can be directly used to get general info for the album such as reviews, ratings, artwork...

And that said, what is the purpose of albumaritsid ? ive never actually managed to see that filled in either, is it the artist of the album? for that i just use the artist id.
The artist that drew the album cover? what...
(2015-10-16, 23:20)axa88 Wrote: And that said, what is the purpose of albumaritsid ? ive never actually managed to see that filled in either, is it the artist of the album? for that i just use the artist id.
The artist that drew the album cover? what...

Album artist is the artist of the whole album.
Artist is only for the current track, so you might have a feature there.

Or a compilation with different artists on each track and "Various artists" as albumartist
@Razze so exactly how does one populate this musicbrainzalbumartistid, I've tried inserting a valve directly into my album.nfo, imported my library, but nothing (nothing I could read via the Get.Albums method anyway)

I'm using the nightly, something recent, some of these properties have just recently been fixed, wondering if this was missed.
Can't speak about nfos as I don't use them.

I am tagging everything with musicbrainz Picard. It's fast and pretty reliable to do. When you understood the UI.
(2015-10-16, 23:20)axa88 Wrote: Indeed.
That said, where might i make the suggestion that for Album, the MusicBrainz "Release Group Id" be amended to the json properties?

It is arguably as important as the Album Id itself where the Album id will describe the exact purchasable item that you have, say some obscure re-release with 5 extra tracks that you bought while on vacation in Timbuktu,
the Release Group Id is the overall identifier for that particular album.

This which can be directly used to get general info for the album such as reviews, ratings, artwork...

Nod

I agree, I am currently querying musicbrainz.org myself to retrieve this. Once retrieved I use it for fanart.tv.
(2015-10-17, 06:08)Razze Wrote: Can't speak about nfos as I don't use them.

I am tagging everything with musicbrainz Picard. It's fast and pretty reliable to do. When you understood the UI.

As do I, and you get Picard to tag something which then allows KODI to read/write this albumartistid via json?
I'll have to check again though I thought I had Picard tagging everything but albumartistid ever came through via the json api, again using the nightly....

I don't want to make a big deal of this, like rschicks I now query musicbrainz directly for everything and then go out to FanArt.Tv and elsewhere, but Kodi already has some good scrapers, and hoped to consolidate the task as well as offload the work.

I may never be satisfied with what finally gets filtered though via this api, but others may, so if anything I think adjusting album release to release group should take priority if anything.
(2015-10-05, 17:51)Razze Wrote: That might actually be fixed in the nightly for 16.0

See: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8079

Unfortunately I don't think that will solve this problem. GetAlbums does not query the albumartistview, so does not retrieve MBIDs. Generally it gets artists from strArtists field of the album table, then does an extra query for artistIds from album_artist. To get MBIDs it needs the artist table.

In the current nightly GetAlbums is broken and does not return any artists. This will be fixed shortly. But more work is required so that artists are retrieved from the album_artist table, will take note to retrieve MBID as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retrieving musicbrainzalbumid via AudioLibrary.GetAlbums fails1