Win windows 10 and kodi
hello, I have installed windows 10 and want to use Kodi with my hdhomerun prime, I just installed windows 10. I have used wmc for several years.I have installed Kody but when ever I try to put live tv on it freezes. I am new to this so please forgive me if I am in the wrong place. I will be thankful for your advice. Brendi
First let me say I am not a fan of Windows 10, and don't understand why any one would prefer it over other versions.

With that said, much of what you are asking has to do with which plugin you are using?

is it NextPVR? if so, you must first set up NextPVR to run in it's own environment (other words you don't need kodi). It will take a bit of reading to understand how to install it. Once you have that done, then in Kodi you need to enable the plugin to work.; Once all of that is done, it should function without much problem. For NextPVR to perform nicely make sure you have Kodi Isengard installed (Helix the older version) did not support alot of the functions.

If you are using the HD HomeRun Primes, they are working on a DVR feature for it similar to WMC. It is supposed to be ready and released some time in Oct. 2015 It may only work like HomeRun View and not have a guide, that is a hot topic in the silicondust forums.
Thanks I will try that..
(2015-08-17, 07:08)Karter Wrote: First let me say I am not a fan of Windows 10, and don't understand why any one would prefer it over other versions.

It is faster and smoother. Even on old machines, My newest computer is an i3, it really improved the machine. My worst machine is an old Acer laptop that came with Vista, it works somewhat better with 10 than 7.

I think many people are assuming that Kodi is a direct replacement for WMC. It is NOT.
As a senior, I have limited eyes /monitor time. I am also new to Kodi. The point is that after reading here "set up NextPVR to run in it's own environment (other words you don't need kodi). It will take a bit of reading to understand how to install it", I concluded that I could use a link that will source this app for Win 10 Pro (that I regret installing on my HP Media Centre PC m7760n. The loss of WMC was not something I was aware of.)

Unfortunately I cannot revert to Win 7 Pro because of mistakes I made in the upgrade of my dual boot drives. BTW my TV tuner is an internal Hauppauge 1600 WinTV. It has served me well in the WMC setting. For some reason The TV guide that came with, for some reason, suddenly stopped being updated with the programs.

I miss watching the 10 OTA broadcast TV channels I receive (US & Canadian) We have a TV in the living room that also cut the cord years ago. My spouse uses that TV for what she likes and I use my HP Media Centre PC for my interest. How can I retain Win 10 Pro, which works faster now and restore my OTA viewing of TV? I hear that this is possible with KODI Isengarde 15.1 which I have installed using the "Silence" build. My HP remote using Kodi is good for selecting media, playing, pausing and volume control, as well it used to work seamlessly with WMC for OTA tv as well as media on an external HDD.

If you wonder why not stick with streaming everything using Kodi? We cannot afford the unlimited internet download/upload costs for the 25 mbs speed. We are allowed 125GB per month. Retirement, is not like we only use the internet and TV in the evenings after work! The winters are very cold, sidewalks icy and we live in a condo. Our internet provider will only give us unlimited if we subscribe to a bundle incl. cable TV (DSL) in addition to our "black, featureless" phone and DSL. Asking for $140 per month instead of $80 we pay; $110 without TV.

If I can be linked to the step by step process that would be most appreciated. Not sure whether this integration with KODI will be seamless; meaning it is an app or add-on to click on and allow me to use my HP remote to select a TV guide that accompanies this app. I trust my request draws the attention of forum members that have actually integrated OTA Tv reception using Kodi. That would be most invaluable; even if less than perfect!

Thanks
Dennis

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
windows 10 and kodi0