• 117(current)
Release skin helper service
Hi Marcel,

Do you know if this property is still working

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ExtraFanArtPath)

I had it working in a view but it's not working at the moment? it's in a multiimage and the relevant switch if on to activate the required SkinHelper.EnableExtraFanart

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-03-23, 13:07)Mike_Doc Wrote: Yup, I'm using view selector only at the moment, still WIP as some users having problems with playlists and I am still trying to correctly reverse engineer some strange visibility conditions in views to make sure views.xml has the correct type settings. I do plan to implement forced views but no yet as it seems there is a lot of work connected to implementing it from what I've read.

If you have the view selector working all hard work is done. Adding the forced views is only adding one visibilty line to each view:

<visible>StringCompare(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ForcedView),511) | IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ForcedView))</visible>

Take a look at Titan as a reference, it has it all covered.
(2016-03-23, 12:15)Angelinas Wrote: I dont have problem for widget,view is problem,but if you think that I need that to clear property for home ok I will add and test how this working...(but with old script I didnt have problem)

Sorry, I totally forgot to communicate about this change. You must make sure to clear the skinhelper.widgetcontainer property when leaving the homescreen or any custom window.

I have adjusted the code; previously it was using a different code block for the widget stuff but when the requests topped up to make more features available for widgets I have rewritten the code so now the main code and the widget code is exactly the same. This has a few benefits:

- you can use the widgetcontainer in ANY window, also custom windows etc.
- all windows props available for the library will also work for widgets/custom containers.

I will update the readme ;-)
(2016-03-23, 22:21)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi Marcel,

I had it working in a view but it's not working at the moment? it's in a multiimage and the relevant switch if on to activate the required SkinHelper.EnableExtraFanart

Mike.

See my comments to Angelinas. The script has a change of behaviour I forgot to communicate about.
You need to clear the widgetcontainer property when leaving home or your custom window
(2016-03-22, 18:56)Mike_Doc Wrote: getting this error in log file from latest GIT:

16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> ERROR in createNFO --> cannot serialize [u'ed94ddc6-17ea-4886-8dfc-0476811838af'] (type list)

This should be fixed in latest Git.
(2016-03-23, 23:52)marcelveldt Wrote: Sorry, I totally forgot to communicate about this change. You must make sure to clear the skinhelper.widgetcontainer property when leaving the homescreen or any custom window.
Litlle code ,big trouble Smile
Code:
<onunload>ClearProperty(SkinHelper.WidgetContainer)</onunload>

Gang Rides Again SmileSmileSmile

Working......let see whats is benefit for widget in out of home window... Smile
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2016-03-22, 01:06)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-19, 01:30)Edworld Wrote: This issue is back with version 1.0.66

Can you please grab the latest version from Git ? The issue should now be resolved (for good).
Once confirmed working I will request another pull to the Kodi repo.

1.0.68 works great!
(2016-03-23, 23:48)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-23, 13:07)Mike_Doc Wrote: Yup, I'm using view selector only at the moment, still WIP as some users having problems with playlists and I am still trying to correctly reverse engineer some strange visibility conditions in views to make sure views.xml has the correct type settings. I do plan to implement forced views but no yet as it seems there is a lot of work connected to implementing it from what I've read.

If you have the view selector working all hard work is done. Adding the forced views is only adding one visibilty line to each view:

<visible>StringCompare(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ForcedView),511) | IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ForcedView))</visible>

Take a look at Titan as a reference, it has it all covered.

Thanks for the info Marcel, will take a look into it.

(2016-03-23, 23:53)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-23, 22:21)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Mike.

See my comments to Angelinas. The script has a change of behaviour I forgot to communicate about.
You need to clear the widgetcontainer property when leaving home or your custom window

Ok, will put the onunload in home and see what happens,

(2016-03-24, 00:01)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 18:56)Mike_Doc Wrote: getting this error in log file from latest GIT:

16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> ERROR in createNFO --> cannot serialize [u'ed94ddc6-17ea-4886-8dfc-0476811838af'] (type list)

This should be fixed in latest Git.

Thanks, will grab .68 later and check log file.

Marcel, one more question, more double checking really, I've recently added a new new and it is solely available via view selector i,e, not the old method as well. It is working fine except one thing, this property Window(home).Property(actualViewtype) is not being set. I have a feeling this is me and something I've missed when adding the new view but can't think what right now and I just wanted to check just in case the view selector should be setting this?

TIA,

Mike.
Hi Marcel,

Seems to work for me now Marcel, thanks. Did have issues when first testing and not sure if my HTPC or what as it wasn't working but it seems to be now. Will add to another view and see what happens.

Thanks again.
I don't know if this is even possible, but would be nice if you can refresh data on a movie per movie basis instead of deleting all the json files. In this example, rotten tomatoes (ratings and critic consensus, awards, etc) and metacritic stats for se7en are wrong:

After deleting json files:

By deleting the json files I fixed se7en, but other movies got messed up
Hi..

Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=dialogyesno,header=foo,message=bar,yesaction=RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=resetall)|ReloadSkin())</onclick>

the first action RunScript() breaking something... can you take a look please?

Edit:
Got it, it's the comma that breaking it. (,type=resetall)
how to esc commas?

Edit2:
ok, it's not only the comma, its the equal sign too (you're using params.get function)
so we need to escape the "=" too.

so I played with it a little bit, and changed my command to:
Code:
yesaction=RunScript(script.skinshortcuts:comma:type:equal:resetall)

and then the code to:
Code:
yesactions = params.get("YESACTION","").replace( ":equal:", "=" ).split("|")

and:
Code:
for action in yesactions:
                        action = action.replace( ":comma:", "," )
                        xbmc.executebuiltin(action.encode("utf-8"))

and Its working. but I guess that you'll have a better solution.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Hi Marcel, I noticed certain property's are not getting reset, such as the tagline from tmdb so had a look at the code. In the resetWindowProps method of ListItemMonitor.py there are some fields missing from having their info cleared. Quite a few of them are from tmbd. Please have a look when you can.

Oh and the icing on the cake would be for the addon to get the top250 info from imdb, I know it get's it from the local library but at least for me that requires an additional addon to get the top250 data. If this addon could do it, it could also be used for non library info. Thanks
(2016-03-25, 16:30)im85288 Wrote: Hi Marcel, I noticed certain property's are not getting reset, such as the tagline from tmdb so had a look at the code. In the resetWindowProps method of ListItemMonitor.py there are some fields missing from having their info cleared. Quite a few of them are from tmbd. Please have a look when you can.

Oh and the icing on the cake would be for the addon to get the top250 info from imdb, I know it get's it from the local library but at least for me that requires an additional addon to get the top250 data. If this addon could do it, it could also be used for non library info. Thanks

1) OK, will do, thanks

2) Take a good look again at the available properties. top250 info is present...
(2016-03-25, 17:25)marcelveldt Wrote: 2) Take a good look again at the available properties. top250 info is present...

Very nice, missed that on first look. Would you be able to do the same for tv shows? TV Top250
Hi,

Could you add skin helper service to Transifex pls? We can translate to our languages.

Thx.
  • 117(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18